Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 01:22
My whole question is this...

Have you ever quit a game that you were playing for a very long time due to being so freakin' bored with it, it got too hard too finish, or for some other reason you decided not to finish it?

If so, what was the game' s name and what was the reason you stopped playing it?

Mine was Contra: Hardcorps for the Sega Genesis. I played this game for weeks, but for some reason had difficulty getting past the level with the robot with the arms that stretch out and pop you upside your fu**ing head. I got so frustrated with this game that I gave it to my girlfriend' s brother who finished the entire game within two weeks!

I felt like a dumb a**!!!

...I still sometimes do...

Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 01:35
Some Picture Proof

This one could also go under my longest gaming session. It was while playing NBA Ballers and I got to this one punk bitch where the only way to win the round was to perform this one type of slam dunk thing, but you have to charge a meter to achive it. thing is we went back and forth not really caring abotu score as it didnt mean nething neways til finally I just gave up and quit. that annoyed the *** out of me I dont even knwo how long it went on for.

PS- it was normal scoring basketball 2 poiters and 3s so you can figure out how many shots were taken in that lil sessions
< Message edited by Mass X -- 8/30/2004 1:36:20 AM >

vanswa garbutt
  • Total Posts : 412
  • Reward points : 19020
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 02:41
yes that stupid *** game was taking to much of my life away zelda the link to the past.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 10:55
GTA Vice City is still sat in a draw somewhere mocking me for not finishing it. It' s one of the few games I own which has been left unfinished, but I just do not have the effort to play it again. I have as recently as a few months ago started a new game on it with the hope of finishing it and managed to get further than I had before. But with other things in my life to do and quite frankly much better games in my collection to play I' ve given up. The thought of playing it again just makes me want to fall asleep.

…yet for some reason GTA San Andreas is filling me with excitement

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 12:47
I don' t know if I have intentionally put a game down forever.
I do have games that frustrate me (i.e. NFL Street, NFS: Underground to name a few recent ones) but I typically keep playing until I get past the bothersome part.
Sometimes I do have to put them down for a little while but only a couple days or so.
I used to have a bad habit for starting a game and then starting a new one without beating the first. Which is why I haven' t beaten almost all my PS1 games.
I put FF8 down for about 6 - 7 months before I picked it back up and finished it.
I put it down not because I didn' t like it but because I had other games.

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 13:48
Ohhh yeah

Socom Navy Seals - I rescued Mr. Pickles, but that damn helicopter either kills me or him every time I finally retired the game and haven' t played it in 7 months!

Legion: The Legend of Excalibur - Soooooooo boring[:' (]

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 14:20
Grand Theft Auto 3.5 (aka Vice City)

Reznor
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 14:56
Zelda on the N64, i' m still having nightmares.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 30, 2004 15:53
Terry, you are correct. I over-played GTA and GTA 3. When Vice City rolled out there just wasn' t enough new stuff to keep me interested even though I prefered Vice City over GTA 3.

Alley_Hater
  • Total Posts : 340
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Aug 31, 2004 05:40
yup...zelda: a link to the past...can' t get past it...too many secrets...kept dying...taking too much time...

altogether...it' s a good game...how ironic!
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Sep 01, 2004 02:21
Quite a few older RPG' s had hidden and/or secret methods to advance through or obtain required items.

Though this is kinda cool, it is also very frustrating if you can' t find a special item and not one NPC will drop ya' a hint...
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: Have You Ever Quit A Game After Playing For A Very Long Time? - Sep 01, 2004 15:39
I can beat Final Fantasy X it' s so damn hard even when I level up it' s still hard. I even restarted the game to play more better got past the Aeon of that guy I forgot his name with the white hair. I almost cried when Tidus and Yuna kiss in that pond. Because I knew I would not be able to finish it. I can' t beat YUNALISCA! She is so hard and I know there are so many more harder boss' s after her.