Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No. 2 is dead
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 58 of 58
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 04:56
Mmmm just got my Xbox, seems to be a brand new one. the protective film on the dvd drive was there, and it had a 1month live card in as well.

Its made 2006 07 06, so that could have been better!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 05:10
A 2006 unit is guaranteed to die.
Vx Chemical

RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 05:24
yeah i was actually hoping my long wait would have resulted in the new heat sink fitted onto my new unit! :( Ah well, it just has to die before december
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 05:44
I dont get why people dont hate the 360 becuase it dies, instead they praise the replacement system! lol
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 06:00

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I dont get why people dont hate the 360 becuase it dies, instead they praise the replacement system! lol

If it' s still under warranty, then they have little reason to complain apart from slight inconvenience. They usually get an entirely new console for free - and quickly, hence the comments about the replacement system.

However, just wait until it' s not under warranty. Then you' re bound to hear thousands of " Microsoft is the devil" comments.
Vx Chemical

RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 06:01
It' s annoying as hell, i even considered trading it in to get a PS3 instead, but since there are no games on the PS3 worth considering, well then the point is void. I just hope MS pulls their head out of the asses and fixes the damn proble, before i have to spend money on another unit.

If only the hardware was as great as the software support!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 06:17
I don' t care either way.

The games are too good to pass up buying another machine if my warranty has expired.
Vx Chemical

RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 15:57
Id buy another unit too, when i could afford it. fuck i hate being poor. My first blackbox is still up and running with no problems at all.

But getting a quick replacement isnt right, it took around 2 months for me to get mine!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 26, 2007 17:43
Just say you teach using the consoles as a development aid - I got my new 360 in less than a week. Thats why I' m giving kudos to MS, I had to wait through 6 months of wrangling and hassle for my PS1 to be repaired! Although with that said - some of your experiences are horror stories compared to my experience!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 01:11
My 360 manufacture date is 2006...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 03:23
Mine is 05.

Mine' s been skipping out trying to stream video from the disk at the beginning of crackdown, and every so often an audio file containing voice just won' t play during Call of Duty 2. I' m really hoping my box doesn' t die, as I' ve already exhausted every available repair method & my warranty is clearly dead.

Y' think If I put a book over it they wouldn' t notice the hole?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 03:29
Someone told me about someone who bought a new one from wal-mart and swapped the inards then returned it for a refund.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 05:30
I can believe that, Wal-Mart has some of the dumbest people in the world. Mainly in management, but sometimes one of them seeps down into the regular employees. I think that' s what Reagan meant about " Trickle Down Economics" .
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 05:40

Y' think If I put a book over it they wouldn' t notice the hole?

Just say it was like that when you bought it.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 06:36

ORIGINAL: Die_Hounderdoggen

I can believe that, Wal-Mart has some of the dumbest people in the world. Mainly in management, but sometimes one of them seeps down into the regular employees. I think that' s what Reagan meant about " Trickle Down Economics" .

Well come on now, if you swapped the outer-cases there is no way they could tell, but I also heard from that person that they didn' t even look at the serial number or anything on it either.

It would be pretty funny to bring in a regular 360 painted black to switch for an elite.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 07:31
" ...but I also heard from that person that they didn' t even look at the serial number or anything on it either"

The serial number is on the case, the serial number wouldn' t change. It' s actually a really clever idea. Walmart is an evil corporation to begin with, I have no problems ripping them off.

I doubt you would get a cash refund for returning a 360 in Walmart though, they would give you store credit or maybe even limit you to exchange for another 360.

Most likely, they would give you store credit. In that case, if it was me, I would put the store credit towards some games.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 26 Jun 07 23:35:26 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 10:42

Mine is 05.

Just out of curiosity Eddie, if you paint your 360, does that kill the warranty?

I doubt you would get a cash refund for returning a 360 in Walmart though, they would give you store credit or maybe even limit you to exchange for another 360.

It depends if you have a receipt. If you have your receipt, they give you full cash refund, but if you dont have your receipt, you have to trade it in for something of equal or lesser value than what you' re returning. I did it twice in one day at the same walmart with Oblivion
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No. 2 is dead - Jun 27, 2007 11:09

Well come on now, if you swapped the outer-cases there is no way they could tell, but I also heard from that person that they didn' t even look at the serial number or anything on it either.

It would be pretty funny to bring in a regular 360 painted black to switch for an elite.

Dude, there' s no excuse for their ignorance. The warranty sticker a big shiny mofo right behind the faceplate. There' s no way to miss that. They' re just morons.

It' s very possible to swap a well-painted core for an elite. You' d have to paint it charcoal, & not black of course, & you' d need to nail the texture (you never know what kind of nutjob cross-references those things).

Just out of curiosity Eddie, if you paint your 360, does that kill the warranty?
Abso-freaking-lutely. Anything but faceplate modification is grounds for Microsoft to not touch your 360. If they think it' s been tampered with, they don' t even need to honor the warranty sticker.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 58 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message