Undecided, wii or 360 ??

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 49
Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:08
Hi everyone, now that summer is up i' m willing to buy either 360 or Wii , but i' m still undicided which one to buy...

My brother is leaning toward the wii while me toward the 360.

Price in morocco:

360 : 420 euro premium (flashed)

Wii: 330 euro (with moded chip)

Games:

360: 11 euro

wii: 4.5 euro

Interesting games as far as i know:

Wii: Zelda, smash brothers, wii sport, call of duty 3, excite truck

360: Gears of war, Forza 2, call of duty 3, Oblivion, splinter cell double agent, GRAW 2, lost planet, dead rising, PES , call of duty 3, Vegas, Dirt, Dead or alive 4, kameo. ( iad already played games like condemned , fear, king kong on pc which were good, fear was really good though

Futur >POtentiel AAA titles in 2007:

360: Halo3, Devil may cry 4, GTA 4, assassin creed, blue dragon, Bioshock, mass effect, Darkness, Virtua fighter 5, Too Human, Medal of honor, UT3, Burnout Paradise, Eternal sonata, Call fo duty 4, Lost odyssey, BIA, Alan Wake, + some surprises from already announced games:)

Wii: Metrois prime 3, mario galaxy, Brothers in arms double time, Soul calibur legends, Fire emblem, resident evil umbrella chronicles...

NOW IMHO, the potentiel of 360 is much more appealing to the Wii, who agree with me? i need to convince my brother, he argues that the wii deliver something " different and innovative" and he wants to try it, he is " usualy" the serious type of games , a huge fan of final fantasy and rpg in general and does like fantastic adventure game, how can i convince him that the wii is a bad choice for him , taht if you agree with me in the first place ? if you do think the wii is the better choice please givbe your arguments as i' m not interested in plain opinions.

I see the 360 has more games so far and even with better quality ( though it' s very sad to miss a game like zelda) , and futur 360 games (which are soon enough) leave the wii games to rest in dust.

will i make a very good choice to buy the 360 considering the price of console and games !! thank you for your attention.

PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THE EXISTENCE OF XBOX LIVE.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 9 Jun 07 15:09:44 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:22
Why not? Don' t you have high-speed in Morocco?

My opinion, buy both, but hold off on the Wii for about a year or so. Developers are just now realising that they can' t get away with crappy PS2 ports and a consistent flow of games from 3rd string developers. You ' ain' t gonna' see jack squat from the Wii until November-December anyway, so that wouldn' t be my first bet. If you really want to play LOZ:TP then borrow a GCN, you' re not really missing anything.

If you want to convince your bro that the Wii isn' t a solid investment yet, have him write a list of games he wants that he could buy NOW, and not have to wait for November for. Then tell him that if he gets one, he' ll be playing maybe one or two games for the next half-a-year until something decent comes out. It' ll change his perspective for sure.

The 360 is (in my opinion) only half the experience without Xbox live, at least Silver. The service really makes the console for me. If LIVE wasn' t as good as it is, I probably wouldn' t have adopted as early as I did. (Which wasn' t all that early, considering I' ve only had mine for about a year now) Now however I' d suggest getting one just for the sheer amount of games hitting the market. It' s gonna be one hell of a season, and if you can get a 360 now, you can save up for the long cold winter months.

Edit: What' s winter like in Morocco anyway?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Jun 07 15:25:02 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:24
I strongly dissagree with Eddie,while I do belive XBL makes alot for 360,I have a hard time thinking I would turn down all the SP experience that the 360 gonna give us anyway.

Bioshock,Fable2,LO,BD,Alan wake,dmc4,ng2 and Forza2 just to name a few.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:25
didn' t you see the hitler video, why he was banned, he was probably using cracked copies of games

i wanna keep my pride and not get banned from Live

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:26
What pride?
That you' re gay?

Just stfu.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:28
I' m not saying I wouldn' t have ever gotten it, I just wouldn' t have gotten it the year it released. Having a 360 without online opening year would have been rather dull. There' s plenty of titles with awesome single-player now, and even more coming up in the next 6 months, but unless you really loved CoD:2, there wasn' t much in the way of epic offline modes for the first chunk of 2006.

Sooo, you' re not going to play Xbox Live because you' re afraid you' re gonna get banned and not be able to play on Xbox Live anymore?

A friend of mine has had his drive flashed for over a year now, & he hasn' t been banned. I' ll give you his GT if you want to ask him yourself. The majority of Microsoft' s security talk is only that. They have a really hard time figuring out who' s flashing. Just so long as you don' t have 27 years of XBL gold service (account fraud), or 15000 MS points, there' s only a very slim chance that they' d find you.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Jun 07 15:32:37 >

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:29
i thought i would never see your dickface around me , but there you are again ...

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 09, 2007 23:58
Biatch.

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 00:05

eddie really iwas just kidding , but seriously i asked not to consider the xbox live , because i wil not pay for a service and get banned, since i' m using flashed firmwares...

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 00:29
Are you dumb irl?
Why would you tell us you gonna mod the 360,you think the kikizo staff likes to have people writing about illegal activites on the site?

Anyway xbox360 is clearly the choice over a fucking udmb wii.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 01:34
Why do you have to get a chipped 360? Are you buying on the grey market? If you get a normal 360 you could join the rest of the world on live.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 01:36
Eddie, don' t you remember Microsoft pushing though that stealth update to brick modded 360' s?

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 01:45

Bioshock,Fable2,LO,BD,Alan wake,dmc4,ng2 and Forza2 just to name a few.

That' s a pretty awesome list, but what is ng2? I know what all the others are.

Anywhooo, I just own a Wii (some relatives of mine who live in the same village as me own a 360, which I have played a bit of) and I suggest you wait a couple of months for one and get a 360 first. It shouldn' t cost you too much (well, depending on how much money you have) to get both. The 360 has enough to keep you busy until the many Triple-A Wii titles are released.

By this time next year the Wii will be frickin' amazing, though. So don' t rule it out altogether.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 01:50
I believe NG2 is Ninja Gaiden 2.

Boikim#2
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 02:56
Ha, what a low life. Your desperate enough to decide between the wii and the Xbox360.....I mean really, WTF. Go for the 360, its so damn simple. Dont get a crappy wii, its still using the same engine of the last gen consoles! Like Adolf Hitler said.....Who the fuck wants to play as a mad Itallian jumping on god damn turtles, and the bowling game.

P.S.- Dont get a PS3 either, crappy @$$ games.
Official Fruitart Artist.

Nitro
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 03:51

ORIGINAL: Boikim#2

Ha, what a low life.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 04:29
Get the wii if you can . You can always get an 360. Plus woman love the wii.

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 04:49

That' s a pretty awesome list, but what is ng2? I know what all the others are.

It sure is,and then I never mentioned games such as Mass effect1,2 and 3,too human,the darkness,pgr4 and splinter cell 5.

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 04:56

Why do you have to get a chipped 360? Are you buying on the grey market? If you get a normal 360 you could join the rest of the world on live.

you' re kinda new here that' s why you don' t know my situation but in Morocco there is " almost" no legal copies, the only legal copies that are on the market are those who were on shelves like a year ago before the 360 get modded in this country. the stores sell a moded 360 and of course they add a premium price for that (they don' t do shit but only flashing it)

Nobody here buy legal copies (that if they are found) , be it moroccans or foreigners like a lot of europeans... they sell gears of war for 15$, i' m talking about a burned dvd 9 with a crappy picture.

there you go , now you understand , that' s the only ressource of games in this country, well not bad really , i mean if it wasn' t for piracy i would never be able to play that huge library of psone and ps2... as long as there is no legal copies , i' m ok with my consciousness (about those very few copies i talked about, they are old games, not really appealing and expensive as hell, there is NO Fucking way i' ll buy call of duty 2 at 70$ NOW)

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 07:59
In all seriousness Aba you should get the 360.

Just compare the games ffs.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 08:10

Eddie, don' t you remember Microsoft pushing though that stealth update to brick modded 360' s?

Damn. no, no I didn' t.

I do remember now discussing it on Xbox-Scene, and apparently it' s only a specific type of mod that MS can catch. So unless the seedy flasher working at your local electronics place has some idea of what it was he did, I couldn' t tell you whether you' d be in trouble or not.

Everybody who isn' t contributing to the forum can to troll somewhere else. The same goes for anybody who isn' t providing anything but fanboy comments as to which console to pick.

Nitro
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 08:37
I honestly believe that as far as AAA titles go, 360 will far outweigh Wii when we reach the end of this generation. That' s not a stab at Nintendo, but i don' t believe the best developers will throw millions into their Wii budgets because the game tie ratio just won' t be high enough.

Even if Wii sells double what Sony and Microsoft sell when it comes to hardware, i think that there will be very few games that sell in the same kind of numbers as their PS3/360 equivalents. Wii will continue to receive a lot of ports, spin-offs and party games, and i think that the truly awesome games will be few and far inbetween.

That' s not to say i' d discount Wii as some of the games will be remarkable. I just think that 360 will give you more for your money.

However, ...since you' re talking about modding your 360, i actually can' t advise choosing it. If it breaks, and there' s a very good chance (before the 65nm chips are being used) that it will, then you' re screwed. I' ve been to Morocco and i know how hot it is, and i wouldn' t advise getting a 360 or a PS3 unless you can keep them cool.

If you have the money to buy another 360 if your first machine dies, then i' d definitely recommend the 360 over the Wii. Otherwise i' d say go with Nintendo.

What i will add is that i don' t believe Wii offers what Nintendo promised and every time i' ve played Wii games i' ve gotten bored of the controller within 20 minutes. I also have concerns about certain types of games just not working with the Wiimote. I can' t see how games like Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War etc.. could possibly work properly. Lightgun, first person, platform, sport, racing (to an extent) games... are ideal, ...but when i look at what machine offeres more of the game types i prefer, ...it' s not Wii.

I still haven' t bought a Wii, even though they' re readily available here. I will, when Prime or Galaxy are released, but right now i' m content with my PS3 and 360.

Out of curiosity, what kind of TV or display will you be using?

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 08:58
Thanks Nitro for your answer, before it seemed to me like you hated my gut on this forum (might be still true )

anyway , MY TV is SD , that' s the shitty part if i get the 360, i will not enjoy it as it should be but still i guess even on SD it will still offer much more amazing graphic that what the wii offers.

hot in morocco ? if you visited Marrakech then i would definitly agree with you , it' s hot as hell in the summer but in rabat , it' s good, hot in the summer but only enough to enjoy the beach... the 360 will be kept cool no worries there. yeah i think i' ll go with 360, i mean it was clear from my OP but your argument should help my brother to switch side and go 360 .

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 13:46

Get the wii if you can . You can always get an 360. Plus woman love the wii.

Didnt you see what Chadwarden said? The honeys are all over the PS TRIPLE!

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 17:04

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane
that' s the only ressource of games in this country, well not bad really , i mean if it wasn' t for piracy i would never be able to play that huge library of psone and ps2... as long as there is no legal copies , i' m ok with my consciousness

You' re ok with your consciousness?

The stores you buy those games from are making profits instead of the people who actually MADE the game. And large profits too, a blank DVD costs like $0.10, and they burn them and sell the games for $15.

You are a piece of shit for supporting that.

At least download and burn your own games, that' s more decent than allowing pirate crooks to make profits off of other people' s hard work.
< Message edited by emofag -- 10 Jun 07 9:06:55 >

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 19:32
emoshit, you faggot , i have no problem Playing the burned copies because there is no fucking other alternative and as for buying burned copies, yes i hate those stores but back in 2002 i didn' t have internet and forget about about a dvd burner and torrents weren' t that popular as today, only like two years ago that i started to burn my own game... then the 360 comes and now i will depend on them again because (they said ) you need a special burner, some pioneer series to be able to burn 360 games, I NEED to verify that but if that' s true i have almost no other choice but to buy from them until i find that burner. and why the fuck i' m arguing with you why in hell i' m wasting my time explaining to you, shut the hell up and die already, when you start living here , let' s talk. i was asking for advice not your faggot talk

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 19:54
I dont think any console maker counts on countries like morroco or india to make money from game sales .. But this is also probably the reason why consoles arent officially launched in these territories .. I imported both ps2 and xbox and had to pay a lot more for the games while my friends bought modded consoles and got games dirt cheap . i imported them because i didnt want to support piracy but thats just me .. Thankfully this time around both the xbox360 and ps3 have been officially released here in india , though ps3 is like a $1000 which i think is joke since only a few rich ppl are goin to spend that kinda of cash on a gaming console .. 360 though costly by indian standards, is still affordable .. Abasoufiane , u can import the xbox360 from game.co.uk .. They deliver here in india so i think they would do in morroco too .. Games are cheap too .. some of my friends import games and stuff from the site and they say it is pretty reliable ..

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 20:46

anyway , MY TV is SD , that' s the shitty part if i get the 360, i will not enjoy it as it should be but still i guess even on SD it will still offer much more amazing graphic that what the wii offers.
If you haven' t already played on an HDTV for a while, you won' t notice much.

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 21:13
2pac it is not as easy as you think, our visa card cannot be used outside the country, so buying online is a no no...

what would be great is to release games with an affordable price depending on the country and banning those games to be sold on the US and Canada... same system that is applied for book... some books are sold in the US for 120$ , for exemple Calculus I and II , while here it is sold around 80$... not bad really, i mean they better do that or people will not buy them anyway...

the minimum wage in the US, let' s say the lowest state is something around 5.5$

Here however the minimum is 1.2$.

sure the living standard is lower but not that much, if you want to make a nominal value comparing to the US , our minimum wage will be something like 3.5$

the funny thing , Europeans and americans are complaining about the high price, what should we say when the price is not only 60$ for the game but can go up to 90$ when it' s a popular new game??

taking all this consieration into account, the piracy seems a reasonable solution, although i hate those stores who make money by taking advantage from people... selling gears of war for 15$ is a total fucking joke, they buy a dvd 9 for 4$ and all the remaining is margin profit

ginjirou
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 21:48
I think that if people would start buying legal games instead of pirated games the stores would be able to lower the prices for the legal games.
The high prices might be a direct result of piracy. Piracy creates a destructive spiral with higher prices leading to more piracy leading to higher prices leading to more piracy and so on.
Start buying legal games and I think games will become more affordable.
Also, why not buy platinum games. If you can' t afford buying new games then you can always wait until they get price cuts.
But oh well, it' s your decision.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Jun 07 13:49:29 >

2pac
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 21:57
True . Microsoft india are tryin to change things , most games still cost around 50-60$ but games are steadily available .. It was just announced that forza 2 will be available in india for $47 .. The Country Manager, Microsoft Entertainment for india is very active on the xbox forums and that proves that they are really trying to make the 360 sell in india .. I guess these factors will definately bring down the priacy in india ..

QuezcatoL
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 22:00
Ask the faggot ginjirou we' re actually paying already 80-90$ per game here in Sweden.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 22:22
Yours is taxes though isn' t it?

ginjirou
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 10, 2007 23:11

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Ask the faggot ginjirou we' re actually paying already 80-90$ per game here in Sweden.

Yes, but we can easily afford those prices. Those prices are adapted to our income level quite well.
The prices in Morocco for legal games are insane compared to their income. If the sales of legal games would increase and the companies see a chance of profit they' ll adapt the prices to the region I believe.

2pac
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 00:26

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Yes, but we can easily afford those prices. Those prices are adapted to our income level quite well.
The prices in Morocco for legal games are insane compared to their income. If the sales of legal games would increase and the companies see a chance of profit they' ll adapt the prices to the region I believe.

Very true .. There was a article in the paper here stating that piracy of movies and console games have dropped considerably in india and then microsoft announces that most of the future xbox360 games would sell for $47 here ... Good times ahead for us ..

Abasoufiane
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 00:42
prices were already high before piracy had spread in morocco, back in my days of the Genesis, 1996, Mortal Kombat 3 price was 120$ !!!! only the rich kids could bought these games, can you fucking believe it 120$ for a game in 1996 !! retailers import the game from abroad so shiping plus the local tax + the profit of the stores, and since they know that MK3 is sooo ppopular they can sell it the price they want... video games was usually a leisure for rich kids and all because these greedy Ignorant poorly educated retailers, taking advantage of the situation. so belive me Ginijirou Piracy saved the day , it was a grace to many people .

Platinium Games are not brought here , didn' t i tell you that legal copies are very rare, say 0.1% of all the games sold... now from this 0.1% can you really find a game you like ?? and if you do at what price??? For exemple, before piracy appeared in 360, there were some legal 360 games like call of duty 2, kameo and perfect dark , fifa 07. The 360 was selling hardly, 550$ price tag, no pirated games , and almost no choice from legal copies , PS2 is still popular. When the piracy showed up in 360, people start moving from the ps2, those same stores sell now pirated 360 games and most of the old legal 360 games are still on shelves a year later! can you find a legal copy of Gears of war ?? NO !!

my point of all this is to not blame some countries for this as there is no alternative and games cost too much, i mean for god sake when sony announced its ps3, they didn' t consider Africa at all in their stupid slides? whar are we aliens?? and some times they refer to us as Pal territories that includes europe (and austria i think ? )
but they don' t give a fuck about us , million of gamers , so if they don' t care about us, and if they consider that we don' t exist then whatever we do should not harm them.

i really appreciate what microsoft has done in india, that drop in price, small it is, but very meaningful and appreciated... India is a much bigger market in Morocco though.

I really feel bad because i give a bad impression about my country, but i was only talking about piracy and causes, The economy is really going up and a lot of things have improved and like many many others i have a good standard living and good access to technology.

If they want to weaken piracy, all the three major players should regulate themselves the prices and not let retailers sell at the price they want, that should help a little bit.

ginjirou
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 01:23

prices were already high before piracy had spread in morocco, back in my days of the Genesis, 1996, Mortal Kombat 3 price was 120$ !!!! only the rich kids could bought these games, can you ***ing believe it 120$ for a game in 1996 !!

I can' t understand why they would have such high prices in a country with an average income so low. It' s not good for business.
Perhaps the demand for videogames is very low in Morocco or perhaps there isn' t enough competition between the stores that will motivate them into lowering prices. Were those high prices set by the publishers or by the individual stores?

retailers import the game from abroad so shiping plus the local tax + the profit of the stores, and since they know that MK3 is sooo ppopular they can sell it the price they want...

If we' re talking about an import game then it' s not strange it costs a lot. Aren' t there any games that are deignated for your region? When you say the games can be sold at high prices because they' re so popular it seems there' s too little competition between the different stores in your country, at least when they' re selling games at that price.

video games was usually a leisure for rich kids

I consider videogames to be a luxury, even though pretty much everyone in Sweden can afford videogames. It' s luxury entertainment. No one has the right to luxury entertainment, it' s something extra in life and you choose yourself if you want to save money for it or not. So I don' t think high prices would really motivate illegal piracy regardless. What disturbs me is that it seems to be a bad business model to keep the prices high and lose loads of money to piracy. It should be in the publisher' s interest to keep the legal sales high.

Platinium Games are not brought here , didn' t i tell you that legal copies are very rare, say 0.1% of all the games sold...

Then don' t buy games in your country. Import them yourself (the reduced price should balance out the shipping and tax costs). That will force retailers to get their own legal platinum copies.
You have to realise that nothing will change in your country unless you and other consumers put some pressure on the retailers. As you' re not doing anything I say that you Moroccian gamers have yourselves to blame for the situation, as you simply take shortcuts to get what you want instead of fighting for a better situation on the market.

If they want to weaken piracy, all the three major players should regulate themselves the prices and not let retailers sell at the price they want, that should help a little bit.

It seems that your country needs more competition between the local retailers to force the prices down. But of course, as long as none of you gamers buy legal copies, why should those retailers bother?

I can still understand why you choose piracy but I believe that you cannot blame it all on the retailers or publishers or whatever.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Jun 07 17:29:26 >

ys
  • Total Posts : 532
  • Reward points : 7470
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 02:28

Then don' t buy games in your country. Import them yourself (the reduced price should balance out the shipping and tax costs).

The only problem is that he mentioned that they couldn' t use Visa outside of their own country.

Anyway, prices in Europe of 80-90 dollars are too much I think. Even if people can afford it usually, it' s not like we make much more than people in the US I assume. So it feels kind of annoying anyway. It seems stores often do something like this : if there' s a 50-dollar game in the US, they take that number 50, add ten to it and put euro after everything. I' ve seen this happen with a lot of new Wii-games.
This goes for other (electronic) products too though. Sometimes it' s about half the price in the US of what it costs here. But when I try to import the EU is so nice to slap a bunch of taxes on top of it so the final price is close to what we pay here anyway.

Demonoroth
  • Total Posts : 359
  • Reward points : 18080
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 04:41

ORIGINAL: ys

Then don' t buy games in your country. Import them yourself (the reduced price should balance out the shipping and tax costs).

The only problem is that he mentioned that they couldn' t use Visa outside of their own country.

Anyway, prices in Europe of 80-90 dollars are too much I think. Even if people can afford it usually, it' s not like we make much more than people in the US I assume. So it feels kind of annoying anyway. It seems stores often do something like this : if there' s a 50-dollar game in the US, they take that number 50, add ten to it and put euro after everything. I' ve seen this happen with a lot of new Wii-games.
This goes for other (electronic) products too though. Sometimes it' s about half the price in the US of what it costs here. But when I try to import the EU is so nice to slap a bunch of taxes on top of it so the final price is close to what we pay here anyway.

Have to love Europe and it' s insane taxes

But seriously most of the time people in Europe have to wait like a half year to get a game as the US did and then we have to pay more. All seem to forget the euro is stronger than the US Dollar.

You pay 200$ for a Wii we pay 200€ for a Wii. But right now 200€ is 267.47 dollars. You pay 50$ for a game we pay 60€. If you would turn the talbes and Europe pays 50€ for a game that would be 66 dollars.

If you buy a lot of games and different consoles that makes a lot of difference and these numbers are without even the taxes YS mentioned.

In general the gaming industry screws over Europe and take advantage out of us by making the dollar and the euro equal. And that is b*llshit.

Europe always pays more in euro' s than americans do in dollars even when the Euro is worth more than dollars. And when you have a large number that makes a lot of difference and on top of that we as good as always have to wait 6 months thanks to stupid countries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain who don' t know any english.

Europe compared to the US always gets screwed no matter how you look at it. And I' m rather sick of being disregarded by the industry as a " second rank" gamer. Cause with how the industry acts that' s how I feel.
Wii code: 2072 1110 4558 6538
Smash Bros Brawl: 1848-3246-8526
Mario Kart: 412452409500
Mario Strikers: 120360 413659
NiGHTS: 3737-8754-6785
PES 08: 4339-4437-7901

PSN: Demonoroth
pm me if you add anything

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Undecided, wii or 360 ?? - Jun 11, 2007 04:45

You pay 200$ for a Wii

The Wii is $250 in USA, that' s before taxes.

You pay 50$ for a game we pay 60€.

Actually it' s $60 now.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 49