Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 just started legaia 2: dual saga
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
HOWITIS

• Total Posts : 12
just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 25, 2004 17:55
i' ve been having a serius urge for some rpg action and bought this game online recently. so far i think its great, i probably shoulda bought it earlier. its not of the calibur of wild arms 3 (best rpg on the ps2), but it is pretty good. has anyone else played this game?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 25, 2004 18:36
No, I haven' t played the game. I' ve read up on it a little though. I believe it is online correct?
HOWITIS

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 25, 2004 18:47
NO, lol. its a console rpg on the ps2.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 25, 2004 18:49
Wtf am I thinking of?

... oh, I was thinking Lineage II for the PC. Lol, sorry.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 3/25/2004 6:50:16 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 25, 2004 20:38
Well, I certainly disagree that WA 3 is the " best RPG on PS2" (I' d put it about seventh, behind FF X, FF X-2, Suikoden III, XenoSaga, Dark Cloud 2, and Legaia 2). However, Legaia 2 is a great game, IMO, and was definitely underrated. Have you played the original? I was a little sad to see the Ra-Seru disappear in the sequel, but the game is still a whole lot of fun. I STRONGLY suggest going to GameFaqs and getting the different combination Arts to learn...without them, you' re sunk, and there' s very little chance of stumbling upon them yourself.
HOWITIS

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 26, 2004 00:06
ya, first thing i did was go to gamefaqs for the combos, it expects me to figure these out randomly? wtf? i bought part 1, but hated it. that is why i waited on Legaia 2 for so long. also, you should remember from GW that i HATE FF10 with a passion. never played dark cloud 2, and Xenosaga is ok but the cutscenes get old (give me my xenogears back!). i finnaly just got bored with it.

the one thing i wish legaia 2 had is a world map that you are free to move about on. i just love the feeling of exploring the world map. instead of just picking where you want to go.

and whats with the dry spell of rpgs anyway. it seemed for awhile there was a flood of them, now there are none. and i mean the classic japanese turn based style.
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 26, 2004 00:55
If you haven' t played Suikoden III yet, that should be your next game. That' s a classic RPG, and definitely one of the best RPGs of this generation.
HOWITIS

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 26, 2004 05:55
i have suikoden 3, its the #2 rpg on the ps2 imo. its just the 3 different parties got on my nerves.
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 26, 2004 13:44
You know, I' m with you on that respect. I always like the traditional way of keeping a party throughout an adventure. It' s why I liked Wild Arms so much (the original). You got your three party members early on, after participating in little introductory sequences. They meet up in the first town, and they' re with you until the end. Sometimes I like being able to choose among characters, but in WA, you really get to know your party members, and really start to care about them (as corny as that may sound).

I thought I' d have a bigger problem with the three parties in Suikoden III than I actually did...I really didn' t mind at all, and loved every minute of it. Third behind the two FFs, IMO, and just a touch before XenoSaga.

I will reiterate this, though- Legaia 2 is very much underrated and under-appreciated.
HOWITIS

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 26, 2004 20:58
ya, thats what i' m sayin' . After awhile i really got into the story of the party i was in, then all of the sudden your switched to another your not interested in, and it takes awhile to get into their story, and then your switched again! still a great game though.

i can' t wait for star ocean 3, i loved part 2 on the PSX. i' ve actually considered getting grandia Xtreme to curb my rpg needs, but i hear it doesn' t have a story.
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Mar 27, 2004 04:42
I think one thing that really helped Suikoden III is that your party members all came together for the last two chapters, and you could have one KICK-ASS party, not to mention all the main characters in one place.

And I' ve heard the same about Grandia Xtreme. Legaia 2 was definitely the way to go. I think you' ll like it.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 02:22
I' ve been playing this game lately. Almost finished and I think it' s pretty good.
It hasn' t received as much attention as the other RPGs out there but it probably should have received more than it got.

and there' s very little chance of stumbling upon them yourself.

I didn' t think that was the case. I discovered the majority of them before going to gamefaqs. Only had to look up a few to complete the lists for each of my characters.
One thing though was that the game was pretty tough at the beginning. It was frustrating because I died alot but after I leveled up a bit everything went alot smoother.
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 03:50
Raven: Yes, you could find out most of the moves, but I meant the biggest and best...I' m willing to bet you didn' t " stumble upon" those.

Btw, the #1 challenge in that game is to beat Stiehl in the final match in the Arena...that will require absolute power and perfection...

It would help if you completed that 100-battle trial a few times to help level up your characters and accessories.
RavenShadow

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 03:55
Actually I did come across the majority of the hyperarts on my own since you can' t unlock those. You have to find them and I never used gamefaqs to help me find them
I just finished fighting Stiel for one of the second last hunter guild mission.
Lots of HP but pretty easy
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 04:01
No, not that battle. There' s a survival match in the Arena, with the last two battles being against Avalon and Stiehl. To have any hope, you need to be maxed at Lv. 99 with the capability of tripling the damage of your arts by guarding, and being invincible for at least two or three rounds.

Like I said, that 100-battle trial is a good place to go through. It may take 3-5 hours your first time (and you can' t save), but you can go through in 2-2.5 hours from there on in. Long, but worth it.
RavenShadow

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 04:02
I tried to go through it
Got to about 30 and was playing for too long so i turned back haha
fathoms

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 13:10
The last battle is pretty nuts...you don' t want to go through 99 battles just to lose the last one.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 06, 2004 20:24
Cool, I hear its a good game
RavenShadow

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 07, 2004 02:38
Yea it' s pretty good.
It' s not an epic like your final fantasy series but I suggest giving it a try.
It is slighlty different from your typical RPG (i.e. battle system).
RavenShadow

RE: just started legaia 2: dual saga - Apr 14, 2004 22:57
To anyone who has played through this, I have a quesion.
I am trying to get Lang' s ultimate weapon but to do so I need a Ndiga King Stone.
Does anyone know where I can get some?
(Gamefaqs said the Iron Golems in the Wind Tower hold them but I' ve been fighting them for ours and haven' t gotten one from them)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message