Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 issues arising from the Full X360 update vid
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
issues arising from the Full X360 update vid - Mar 21, 2006 04:16
Just thought I' d start a thread for discussion about the latest video interview up on the front end.

Top interview, with detailed answers, up to kikizo' s usual standards!

I like the sound of the next 6 months or so with regard to the console, and particular xbl itself.

Made me chuckle when he listed GOW or Viva as games you' d remember, then mentioned Bungie with a wry smile!

Ideal evening entertainment for all!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: issues arising from the Full X360 update vid - Mar 21, 2006 06:52
^5 Andy!

I think XBL will get a major overhall before the years out, with several big additions. Stuff that will allow you to make full use of the larger HDD they will be releasing...

Halo 3 will almost certainly be announced at E3, and i think they' ve been officially avoiding it because they need it to have a big enough impact. E3 this year is pretty much all about Revolution and PS3, so Microsoft will obviously be bringing one or two big guns to the show, if only to prove they won' t be dominated.

I think we' ll see more of Too Human, Dark Sector, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, WarDevil, Sonic, Lost Planet, Mass Effect etc... for 360, and a few big name titles announced exclusively for 360 too.

I' m looking and hoping that Live Arcade gets flooded with a lot more games, ...specifically some SNK stuff, maybe even stuff like Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games (although SEGA have already said some of their retro games will likely be available for Revolutions Virtual Console).

The Xbox Live Dreamcast stuff i' ve heard from several people and is something i find very interesting, especially given that PS3 will be able to download games and PSP will be getting PSone games playable form the memory stick. It' d be a nice little earner for SEGA too!
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: issues arising from the Full X360 update vid - Mar 21, 2006 08:00
I heard on the radio (last place I' d expect to get new gaming news from) today that MS bought some company that will allow them to have music videos and music files to download from Live. me like, me like.

I agree with Majik, I bet MS officials are told not to mention anything about Halo 3 in order to have the greatest impact on the day of its reveal.

But forget about the next six months Oblivion comes out this week WOOOOO YEEAAHHH!
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: issues arising from the Full X360 update vid - Mar 21, 2006 18:22
from what I' ve heard SEGA are defo going to do something with XBL.

It' s not fair though. Okay N3 info is comming through now, well the eye candy is at least. But info re. Blue Dragon has been far too limited. neeeeeeeed more info!

I like the way they call the 360 " future proof " , you see that would make me smile, the IT industry has learnt from past mistakes never to call hardware that. For such a prominent player to make such a comment, even on the fly, must mean there are a couple twists left yet in the 360 hardware story.

I' d heard about the larger HD, but never seen anything official about it.

I notice that Ms are releasing the workings of older games for XNA, this is brilliant news for developers. I have to wonder wether, although there will never be a commercially available SDK due to liscencing, wether MS have other " tools" they are willing to set free to public use!

That could change the 360 perceptions worldwide in a very short time!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll