Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 console' s ranking
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:29
Here is a very little research i did to see which console did best on its life cycle, i relied on one source which is Gamerankkings which in fact gather the average score of main sites for each game.

for the AAA titles i decided to choose the games that got over 88%, sure it' s not accurate but it' s reallly close in my opnion to the truth , after all this quota apply to all consoles so it' s kinda fair enough.

for the overall good games, i decided to choose games that got over 80%, this will include the AAA titles as well, and for this one i think it' s really fair.

by analyzing the consoles ranking and seeing which is better from which, you should consider each console on its own regardless of other consoles on market, for exemple the Xbox is the second best console from all (exceeding the original playstation) and it seem a bit srange to me but for someone who had ONLY one console and no PC, then XBOX is most probably in the second place.

so after reading this allow me to unveal the list

best consoles with AAA titles:

1) Playstation 2: AAA: 65 games

2) Xbox: AAA: 49 games

3) Gamecube: AAA: 36 games

4) Playstation: AAA: 33 games

5) Dreamcast: AAA: 22 games

6) N64: AAA: 21 games

7) Gameboy Advance: AAA: 17 games

8) DS: AAA: 5 games

9) Xbox360 so far: AAA: 6 games (included geometry wars)

10) PSP: AAA: 3 games

Best overall Goood games:

1) Playstation 2 : over 200 games (the 200th got 82.6%)

2) XBOX: over 200 games (the 200th got 80.7%)

3) Playstation: 134 games

4) Gamecube: 127 games.

5) Dreamcast: 61 games

6) n64: 60 games

7) Xbox 360: 28 games (doing great for it' s first less-than-a-year)

8) PSP: 26 games

9) DS: 23 games.

so i let you guys analyze this and share with everybody your opinions. (please read what i wrote first before criticizing) thanks.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 2 Oct 06 13:36:24 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:42
Nice rounding up of things Aba!

It does give out the average view of things, but you have to take into account the style of games and the amount of titles released.

But yeah, for the average gamer the PS2 is the better choice, since it gets all the mp games, and it gets loadsa party games.

Im hoping, and counting on MS doing better this time around. It looks really nice for MS already with the 360 and less than a year!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:52
Yepp.

Gonna be intresting to see what wii and ps3 will get in score.

How will they rate these ps3/wii games.

How much on gameplay,and how much on graphic.

Will some site overhype the ps3 so every game get a 8/10 in graphic?
Vx Chemical

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:53
It could happen PDZ got a decent score by most magazines!
QuezcatoL

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:54
Yes,but for me PDZ was a nice fps,i know it came from GC>xbox so wasn' t expecting what other did,but i did like the MP in PDZ,and the co-op was " fine" .

Was a 8/10 for me.
But not more ofc.
Vx Chemical

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 21:57
it say 7/10. In game like PDZ, not being able to jump in mp sucks. The graphics was plastic coated, and iv seen games get worse reviews that had better level design and a better story, which in PDZ was laughable!
QuezcatoL

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 22:00
Yepp,but i liked co-op with my friend ribcage,and to play some TD with him.
Also i really liked to play the sequal for PD.

for me it was a good game.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 23:10
PDZ was complete garbage. It' s on of the few games I' ve traded in... and it' s the only one I haven' t regreted.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 23:32
The story in PDZ was terrible. Single player was absolutley rubbish although it was fun to play online...but still it wasn' t a good game over-all.
Abasoufiane

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 23:36
this thread is not about PDZ , for god sake !
Vx Chemical

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 23:43
Wasnt it about game rankings? We were just arguing that not all games get what they deserve!
Abasoufiane

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 02, 2006 23:56
you see how the discussion focused on PDZ , i want the opinions of others as well , this is for all who say that this console is the best ever or the worse ever
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 00:46
Intereresting but I can' t acept the Playstation or N64 being better then the 360 in any benchmark.
Abasoufiane

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 01:41
are u serious??
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 01:48
Great work aba ... Just goes to show how well the xbox 360 is doin considering its just been out for a year ...
Agent Ghost

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 09:52
Yes at the time I hated PS1, it was worthless junk it had a few decent 2d games but the console tried too hard to make 3d games when really it wasn' t capable of doing so effectively, 3d games on ps1 look so bad i couldn' t look at them without vomiting and that was then, now I think my brain would melt if I had to look at the ps1. Unless you like tedious turn based RPGs like FF with metrosexual fags as " heroes" the ps1 is an utterly worthless source of entertainment. I' d much rather play with a sega or super nintendo then a ps1.

Meanwhile the N64 was good but the cartridge format killed it, and it just didn' t have enough games. I' ve always felt that Xbox was the spiritual successor to the N64, it had a few superb games just not enough in total. The N64 and Xbox had the superior hardware but not enough 3rd party support.

The xbox 360 seems to be doing almost everything right,the games are fucking amazing, if only it had HD-DVD it would be perfect, but we can' t have everything I guess. So far the first year of games have kept me entertained more then any other console has (partially because I now have the means to buy any game I want). When I look at the games for 360 in the pipeline like Huxley which in itself is worth the price of admission, I know the 360 is the best console to date. I can' t wait to see what Sony tries to do about it.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 11:08
You have to keep in mind some games are better than 5 " AAA" games combined.

With N64, and PSX, for example: Zelda OOT on N64 is better than Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, Gran Turismo, Tekken 3 and Resident Evil 3 on PSX COMBINED.
Abasoufiane

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 11:14
this is true (not to the extent you just mentioned, however people' s taste differ, and some gamers don' t like zelda plain and simple because they are more keen to fighting or racing games. may be the AAA ranking is flawed although it gives an ineteresting idea , but the overall ranking is almost perfect.
Agent Ghost

RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 12:13
Saying that peoples tastes differ is an understatement worthy of an award of some kind. I for example would consider the Playstation as having no more then 5 AAA titles. Infact you seem to have a very loose deffinition of AAA, AAA to me is 95% or higher. And you can' t compare AAA titles from one console generation to another as its a whole new criteria. And as Evil said some consoles feature few great games that completely trample a dozen " AAA" s on another console. You can have a million PS2 games but in my taste, they would never add up to the fun I had with Morrowind, Kotor 1 and 2 and Halo. But thats just me, and I' m sure there are some of you who don' t even like those games.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: console' s ranking - Oct 03, 2006 12:22
I liked all of the games I listed, but some games just break the boundaries of what a good game is and cant be properly rated given the horrid review system in most mags/websites where 7 is average.

There is no point to that system, it makes sense in education but for games it doesnt, what it narrows down to.

9-10 = Superb
8-8.1 = Good
7-7.9 = Average
0-6.9 = Garbage

There is pretty much 7 point gone to waste, there is no difference between a game that scores a 1.5 and a game that scores a 4 - they are both garbage, yet the difference between a game that scores an 8 and a game that scores a 10 is astronomical, but you cant see it because they are after all 2 points away. It is incorrect to say a 10 game is 20% better than an 8 game, it could actually be TWICE as good.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 3 Oct 06 4:25:58 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread