Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 console marketplace
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
console marketplace - Mar 21, 2006 22:20
I' ve been thinking lately, and have come to a conclusion upon the consoles marketplace.

1) I am pretty confident that 360 is going to outsell ps3 by a large margin here in the us and canada. The reason I say this is is simple, Since the xbox was first released americans and canadians fell in love with the system because now we have a console of our own, it didn' t come from japan for once(which I' m not saying is a bad thing because I am really looking forward to rev).

2) Nintendo Rev will dominate japan marketplace!!! Sony shot themselves in the foot(oh my god!! you killed kenny!!!! you.... you.... ya for nintendo!!) KK does not care about gamers, and like what has already been said I don' t think he has ever played a game in his life. Am I the only one who gets the feeling that he is using ps3 as a pimp for blue-ray?? Don' t get me wrong, it' s a fantastically brilliant way to get blue-ray into as many homes as possible without actually having to market blue-ray on it' s own.

3) Now where does that leave sony?? Does anyone actually care where sony ends up?? Anyway, all sony will be left with is a small portion here in canada and the us and a small portion in japan.

All in all this is going to be good for sony in the long run as they are finally going to find out that they are not in fact invincible, and that now gamers don' t have to take crap like what they pulled with this HYPE about ps3, because we have other options now that are just as good if not better. 360 as a machine is pretty much on par with ps3, and rev may not have all the glitz and glamour but the one thing they will be able to offer us is great quality games.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: console marketplace - Mar 21, 2006 22:45

I am pretty confident that 360 is going to outsell ps3 by a large margin here in the us and canada

I severely doubt that. While sony may have made a number of mistakes this time around, and Microsoft will be well on their way to selling 10 million by the time PS3 launches, ...Sony still have the advantage of mindshare.

Put simply, because of the mass success achieved with Playstation and Playstation 2, Sony is seen worldwide as being the superior brand.

If the speculation is true, then Sony will launch in the US before Japan to take advantage of the bigger market and because they know that' s where Microsoft is strongest.

Nintendo Rev will dominate japan

This i almost agree with. I think that Japan will be split between PS3 and Revolution, in that since Revolution will be " affordable" , most Japanese gamers will buy both machines. Revolution will almost certainly fair better than Gamecube with and i think it will buy up a genuine fight in all territories.

KK does not care about gamers

C' mon, don' t take what i' ve been saying and turn it into something else. Ken DOESN' T give a shit about gamers, but like i said, he' s a business man and his business is selling Playstation and it' s something he does VERY well!

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that he is using ps3 as a pimp for blue-ray??

I' ve been saying this all along, so no, you' re not the only one. PS3 is essentially a Trojan Horse and a vehicle to get Blu-Ray into as many homes as possible. It' s good business but shit for the consumer because they are forced to pay higher prices for the hardware (and software).

Now where does that leave sony?? Does anyone actually care where sony ends up??

Yeah, about 90 million PS2 owners.

......................................................................................................................

I suggest changing the name of the thread to something like Next-gen console marketshare...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll