Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ZELDA TP Reviews
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 05:48
Gamespy

In the end, there' s no way that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess disappoints. It' s an excellent addition (and homage to Ocarina) to the franchise, and you' ll have an enormous amount of fun playing it from start to finish. Get over the fact that the Wii' s hardware is simply not as powerful as the other next-gen machines and get into the fact that Twilight Princess is one of the best games you' ll play this year. If you' ve been on the fence in any capacity, then please rest assured that you' ll not be disappointed. I' m looking forward to checking out the GameCube version later next month, but I' m having a hard time imagining it being any better than the Wii interpretation. Nintendo' s flagship game has finally arrived and you better damned well appreciate it. It' s ultimately fantastic.

Score: 5 Stars: Outstanding

Hylia

Graphics - 9: The best looking game on Wii, though it doesn' t quite come in the same league as PS3' s launch titles and XBOX 360' s " Gears of War" or " Oblivion" . Still, the game is massive in scale and the world is just so vibrant and rich. Dungeons have very unique designs, and each area is simply breathtaking. Some animation issues, though a solid frame rate throughout the game. Overall, very impressive, and if you have component cables, enjoy the sharper visuals. Composite setup has some slight blurriness, but nothing horrible.

Sound - 10: Forget the live, orchestrated argument. Sound effects really hit home and are well suited. Voice work is great and will leave many lingering for full-blown vocal work in later installments. Soundtrack is just breathtaking, with a great mix of revamped classics and truly memorable new additions. Best score in the series, period.

Story - 10: Oh man, this story kicks ass. Nintendo, thank you for growing up and giving us a story that is worthy of the game play that Zelda has boasted for over two decades. If Ocarina of Time was a revolution in Zelda game play, Twilight Princess is a revolution in Zelda storylines. Before this game is done, fan boys will be pissing their pants and message boards will be aflame with rabid fans going nuts over the plethora of twists and turns the game throws at you. Prepare to have your world of Zelda rocked.

Replay/Challenge/Fun - 10: You can' t play this game just once. Alright, maybe you can, but to fully enjoy this title, you' re going to need to see and do everything, probably more than one time. There are plenty of side quests and minigames to keep you addicted for a long time, including the famed fishing. The difficulty is not at an insane level, but it is more difficult than previous outings, and it progresses nicely and fairly. Bottom line, you' re going to have fun, and you' re gong to be wowed. Get ready to say goodbye to life for awhile.

Final Score: 9.6 out of 10
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 06:14
I expect nothing less than a 9, only people who would give it less are seriously Biased.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 07:34
THANK GOD!!!!

i almost feinted thinking it would not deliver.

Thank you F3hunter for not giving any spoilers,

BTW I' m upgrading to a HD TV just so i can enjoy this game in wide screen.

OH YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Icarus75

• Total Posts : 42
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 07:37
But am I going to buy a system for just one game? Maybe... Just maybe but it' s hard to justify when I can see nothing else on the platform for me. Is the Wii ' mote a fad? Industry pros are saying it' s here to stay. Nintendo needs to give me just one more killer AAA title and they will have my money. Sorry Sony, it' s wii60 for me this generation, arrogance has its price; I think it just cost you North America, maybe Europe.
Terrak

RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 07:43
DOn' t worry Icarus75, there is plenty of good stuff on the way (Super mario Galaxy and SUper Smash Bros Brawl to name a few), and should Wii be the success many are predicting it will be, many more developers will jump on board. This means more games and more ways to use the Wiimote.

BTW If Zelda was on ps3 (a cold day in hell) i would get the ps3 just for that one game.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 08:45
It' s one of those games that should NOT get less than a 9... There was never
any doubt Nintendo wouldn' t deliver... honestly.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 08:50

BTW If Zelda was on ps3 (a cold day in hell) i would get the ps3 just for that one game.

PS3 controller? $600 console for just one good game? i think i would have to say screw it
Terrak

RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 08:54
For a Zelda game, which i consider (Zelda TOoT) as the best game i have ever played - hell yes! However once its over so would the ps3, it would be straight to ebay, and hopefully a profit (should shortages continue). But that would be a cold day in hell.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 15, 2006 09:13
with temperatures below freezing, with wind, and quite a bit of snow, but the good news is tomorrow, it will be warm enough to hit a lawyer with a whip
f3hunter

RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 11:02
1up Review highlights

Twilight Princess is something you rarely see: a 60-hour adventure in which every moment is memorable. But then, maybe that' s no surprise -- it represents the full resources and effort of the world' s most powerful first-party developer, and thanks to all those delays, it' s even enjoyed an extra year of polish and refinement. The question to ask therefore isn' t " Is it any good?" but rather " Just how good is it?"

The answer? Truly fantastic. It' s not a reinvention of the genre like Ocarina was -- but it' s much better, because it takes all its predecessors' raw ideas, perfects them, and creates an experience that' s at once new and familiar. It' s rare to find a launch game that truly justifies the purchase of a new console, but this is precisely that. If Wii Sports is a game for everyone, Twilight Princess is for everyone who loves games.

Score: 10/10
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 11:23
I HATE Gamespot, always have and always will! Didn' t think I could hate them more than I already did though. My guesses are, so does many Nintendo fanboys!

Also I HATE the the citizzens of U.S. for laying their hand on TP before ME! And I HATE Japan! And I loathe Natto Beans! And puke at the sight of McDonalds! And I hate Mathematics! As well as that new King Kong flicK!

But I DO Love Zelda, and I' ve got plenty of love to give!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 11:51
Not interested at the moment.
f3hunter

RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 12:41

But I DO Love Zelda, and I' ve got plenty of love to give!

Yer, Every Gamer has when it comes to the mighty Zelda seris.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 20:38
Gamespot couldn' t figure the Wiimote out...

Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 21:40
at the nintendo fan boys crying over gamespots review.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 21:52
Well,remember the control can' t be flawed cause its what wii is,or else all fanboy would cry,so they must give that high to zelda,and the graphic,sure it might get top graphic,but its gamecube graphic...

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 23:13
This was the reason Im buying a Wii, nice to see my predictions were right. And GameSpot, are you F*cking handicapped? Do you not even keep up with your competition? 1Up has had video demonstrations for about 2 months of how the Wii-mote works with Zelda and it seems extremely intuitive.

Heres to hoping the next Super Smash Bros. is just as good as Zelda.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 18, 2006 23:50
http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p3.aspx

IGN gave Twilight Princess 9.5. Acording to IGN the controls are excellant and add to the game.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 19, 2006 00:07
IGN is also a Nintendo fanboy site,look at their fav blogs,top 100 is basically just nintendo wii blogs,how retarded isnt thast?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: ZELDA TP Reviews - Nov 19, 2006 00:44
Like zelda wasnt going to get 9' s + 10' s.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message