Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your pic for the best game of E3.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Your pic for the best game of E3. - May 15, 2004 16:10
Basically which game stood out more than any other? Secondly, also name the biggest surprise you saw about the show.

Best game- Halo 2. Not much needs to be said. It was just that damn amazing.

Biggest surprise- EA and Live could have been the pic but I' m going with Forza Motor sports. MS is trying to take on the racing sim giant GT4, and looks like it stands a chance of running neck and neck with it. It' s to early to tell if it can reach that level of greatness but ti already looks to have a lot goojg for it.
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - May 15, 2004 16:39
Best Game- Gran Turismo 4. The E3 demo already had more cars than in the full version of GT3, more real world tracks, photo mode, great looking crowed and driver animations, cars that go back all the way to 1886... the list goes on.
Check out this new GT4 Trailer: http://www.exit-asia.com/temp/pv_gt4_e3.wmv
The driver animations near the end are amazing.

Biggest Suprise- Forza Motorsport. I love racers and this is probably the only one that has a chance of out doing Gran Turismo.
< Message edited by CapnCrunch311 -- 5/15/2004 4:55:49 PM >
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - May 15, 2004 17:07
Best- halo 2, obviously
paper mario 2 , resident evil 4, and and that donkey kong, beat game look amazing!
IMO, best E3 ever
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - May 15, 2004 21:14
My favorite showings were- Half Life 2, Halo 2, Resident Evil 4, Jade Empire, and Burnout 3.
Things that suprised me the most was the new zelda and the beauty of the unreal 3 engine.

If you liked donkey konga konrad look up the web game flash flash revolution, pretty much the same kinda game minus ridiculous looking bongo drums
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - May 16, 2004 00:29
Best Game: GT 4

50 tracks? Cars dating back to the late 19th-century, in Polyphony' s attempt to make GT a truly historic library of cars down through history? The ability to set cameras around the track, sort through the pictures and place them as billboards on various tracks? More mechanical upgrades, as well as entirely new cosmetic upgrades? The increased realism that will transfer speed through the controller, making 200 m.p.h. feel as uncontrollable as it would be in real life?

Do racing previews GET any better?

Honorables:

Halo 2, Devil May Cry 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 3, Forza.

The most surprising and amazing preview trailer belongs to DMC 3. After the mediocrity of DMC 2, Capcom has re-assigned the original DMC team to take on DMC 3...and DAMN, it looks tasty. :) I' m not a huge fan of the Metal Gear series (I prefer the realism of Splinter Cell), but MGS 3 does indeed look like something VERY special. I don' t particularly like the setting for GTA: SA, but how can you go wrong with three cities EACH the size of Vice City, and Fable-esque additions like perhaps eating correctly and staying in shape to influence the gameplay? Forza looks immensely promising and Halo 2 looks great, of course.

I' d probably be more excited about Halo 2 if we weren' t being suffocated by FPS' s in the past six months on PC. Call of Duty started a string of UT 2k4, Far Cry, and Painkiller, and add a billion shots of Halo 2...and, well, I' m a little bored. FPS is FPS; all that they' re really changing in each of these is better graphics and slightly altered AI.

Still, Halo 2 will probably be the only one of the above that I' ll play, simply because I don' t feel like paying a trillion dollars to own a gaming PC that can actually play those other FPS' s. Besides, Halo 2 will be better than any of ' em anyway.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 5/16/2004 12:30:47 AM >
Motzzarelacheeze

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - Jun 03, 2004 23:45
HALO2 what else?
smallkid

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - Jun 04, 2004 01:38
best: monster hunter its that one with the 3 poeple attacking the dragon
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - Jun 04, 2004 01:51
HALO 2. There was no game even close to HALO 2.

Surprises

Forza Motorsport
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - Jun 04, 2004 04:50
Sure I' m biased but here' s MY pic for best:

Other favorites include:

OH Yeah, WORST game of the show: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 for PS2, GameCube, Xbox and Gameboy Advance! I CANNOT believe they made the games Worst@
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/4/2004 5:05:09 AM >
LEBATOTE

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Your pic for the best game of E3. - Jun 04, 2004 18:05

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

Basically which game stood out more than any other? Secondly, also name the biggest surprise you saw about the show.

Best game- Halo 2. Not much needs to be said. It was just that damn amazing.

Biggest surprise- EA and Live could have been the pic but I' m going with Forza Motor sports. MS is trying to take on the racing sim giant GT4, and looks like it stands a chance of running neck and neck with it. It' s to early to tell if it can reach that level of greatness but ti already looks to have a lot goojg for it.

You said it perfectly :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message