Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your greatest gaming achievement...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 07:19
My greatest achievment? 1st getting my exgirlfriend into the gaming scene then later stepping up a the rank to having a girlfriend equally in love with gaming as I am.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 08:21

How do you practice the throw moves? You can' t execute them without facing enemies.

Fuku-san, and by only training throw moves, it takes ages though and I REFUSE
to ever do it again..
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 17:33
Earning my rank in Perfect Dark sticks out prominently in my mind. I have a couple of other accomplishments, too, like getting all four bottles and all gold Skulltulas in Zelda 64 (those darn big Poes)and finding all power-ups in Metroid Prime(without GameFAQs), but my ranking in Perfect Dark seems to me more like an achievement than those, somehow.

My ranking currently is 10: Professional. That' s after my file got erased while I was ranked 14 or 13 (can' t remember). My brother, who plays it as much, if not more, than me is currently ranked 9: Dangerous. I' d be even with him right now if my file hadn' t gotten erased.

I looked up the requirements for attaining the top ranking, and promptly decided that I' m probably never going to make it there. The requirements are insane, the most notable one being that you have 12.5 days logged into the game. Twelve and a half days of playtime! ...Absolutely insane...

I' d heard about some people getting rank 1 by leaving their N64 on overnight (for several nights) with the character stuck running in a loop, but that seemed to much like cheating to me, so I didn' t go that route (though I did consider it for awhile).
< Message edited by he -- 2 Jun 06 3:43:42 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 23:08
Those 360 truskill points are quite fun to get. I was obsessed with PGR3s career mode when I first got my 360. Got to rank 24 before it started becoming stupidly hard to increase it any further. You' d need to win about 20 times in a row to go up a point, but if you lost once because of some guy nudging you into a wall, you' d go down by 5!

I' m wondering who actually thinks those gamertag ' achievement points' are worth anything? Mostly it' s just a measure of is how much money you have, since it depends how many games you' ve got! That guy with 32,000 points or something - rich bastard! I started trying to get more points for the sake of it once by playing GRAW through on hard...but then I just thought " why am I doing this? I don' t even like the single player of this game!" I can' t be arsed to get all the metal pieces in Condemned, or try and do 10 wheelies in a row or something in PGR3, heh. Some people think it' s the little sound you get afterwards that people are addicted to, like one of those behaviour-reward experiments scientists do on lab rats! *achievement point received...salivate, drool*

But still Peter Moore seems to think it' s genius..
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 23:10

when I actually FINISH a game.

on easy?

Well I actually meant when I have enough willpower to continue a game till the, finish it, and not get bored half way through and stop. But to your question; Yes! Sometimes on easy.

Edit:
Whoops, almost forgot to mention that the reason I tend to finish a game on easy is because I want to begin at the bottom and then work my way up, but as I easily get bored I never tend to replay a game, unless I find it FANTASTIC.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 2 Jun 06 15:12:18 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 02, 2006 23:52

I' m wondering who actually thinks those gamertag ' achievement points' are worth anything?

Hopefully developers or MS start to put more of a reward value behind them. MS Points more specifically.

One thing tho its cut down on bragging. " I just flew thru the game on the hardest difficulty level!" " O really now... how come the achievment is still locked then?" .
< Message edited by Mass X -- 2 Jun 06 15:55:10 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Your greatest gaming achievement... - Jun 03, 2006 00:20

One thing tho its cut down on bragging. " I just flew thru the game on the hardest difficulty level!" " O really now... how come the achievment is still locked then?" .

Hear, hear!

I' ll drink to that!
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message