Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 09, 2004 03:29
So who in da game industry makes a difference to YOU?

Bernie Stolar
The ugliest man in gaming besides Shigeru Miyamoto. He needs to shave. He believes in focus groups, and using focus groups is the WORST thing you can ever do in the gaming industry (they resulted in the redesign in the Saturn controller from Japan to US, box art, Xbox type HUGE controller, etc etc etc).

Shigeru Miyamoto
Slap a pair of glasses on this guy and he looks exactly like Austin Powers. He comes up with cool ideas for games, but I am personally getting kind of tired of Nintendo.

Peter Moore
The biggest moron in he industry. I mean wow. Now he will ruin Microsoft.

Yuzo Koshiro
The once great musician is like a helium balloon. Once rising, rising, and rising as far as the eye could see. Then it wore out and back down it comes, until it is just a limp pile of rubber on the ground that people step on.

Nobuo Uematsu
See Yuzo Koshiro' s description above. The same applies to Nobuo.

Anyone who has ever worked for Sega of America
Word has it that you must pass an IQ test before working there. Anything over 50 and you are not allowed to work there. IQ ceiling is limited to 12 in the marketing department.

Chris Hüsslebutt
Great music for Super Turrican and the like, but seems to have died or something. There are two ways of spelling his name. I asked him which he preferred. He said it doesn' t matter (true story by the way). So " Husslebutt" it is!

Richard Jaques
Very friendly guy who used to work for Sega of Europe, great musician. Did he get out of the industry? Great guy to talk to, and I wish he still contributed.

Yasunori Mitsuda
This is the guy people get hard-ons for due to his work in Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears. But now he can be put into the same category with Yuzo and Nobou. His work on the Street Fighter Anniversary Album was horrid. Seems to like Irish music.

Spencer Nilsen
Great musician (at times) over at Sega of America. He hasn' t done anything with himself lately. He took a lot of flack for changing Sonic CD' s music for no reason whatsoever. While his music was good, there simply was no reason to change it. But we forgive him because he also did the phenomenal music for Ecco CD as well as Batman Returns and some cool tunes for Spiderman. Has anyone checked the rehabs to see if he was there?

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 09, 2004 03:38

Peter Moore
The biggest moron in he industry. I mean wow. Now he will ruin Microsoft.

To this day I wonder what Sega ever saw in this former VP of Reebok shoes..
What' s next? They' re going to hire one of the managers of Burger King to run Sega of America?

At least with Stolar his impact was felt one way or another, Moore on the other hand just seemed to sit back and Hope something happened.

Another name I' ll throw up on the list is Yuji Naka! Love Naka-san but he still needs his a$$ kicked for that childish bull$hitt he pulled during the Saturn era in throwing a hissy-fit tantrum over Sega of America using his NiGHTS engine in what was to be known as Sonic Xtreme. Maybe had he allowed them to use the engine, the Saturn would have sold a few more units in the U.S.

Makes me wonder if he knew the meaning of TEAM WORK back then. I look up at Joe' s Yu Suzuki picture and wonder if Yu would have made a big deal over such a thing and I honestly can' t see him giving a crap over members of the SAME company he works for using one of his game engines to help ' the cause' .

Speaking of Yu Suzuki, Joe I' m absolutely SHOCKED that you left him off your list! ;)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/9/2004 4:57:01 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 09, 2004 14:51
Peter Molyneux (Black & White,BC,Fable) The creativity and depth he puts in his games is just amazing.

Team Ninja(DOA series, Ninja Gaiden) Smooth gameplay and artistic beauty often go with their games.

panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 09, 2004 23:54
tomonobu itagaki ( doa, ninja gaiden)
koji igarashi ( castlevania)
hideo kojima (metal gear solid)
yoji shinkawa ( artwork for mgs )
and although he' s dead, i' ll put gunpei yokoi ( creator of metroid and game boy)
Joe Redifer

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 00:23

and although he' s dead, i' ll put gunpei yokoi ( creator of metroid and game boy)

Also responsible for the Virtual Boy. Nintendo fired him because of its failure (you can have tons of successes in Japan, but fail once and suddenly you are no good) and then had him MURDERED by a random moving car. That' s how important Japanese pride is. :)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/9/2004 6:24:51 PM >
Terry Bogard

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 00:32

Nintendo fired him because of its failure and then had him MURDERED by a random moving car.

LMAO!
I fear for Miyamoto if he ever releases a game that fails.
ExtremeDream

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 04:32
Victor Ireland - Perhaps the only person I truly dislike in the video game industry. If you don' t know who this dickhead is, he' s the president of Working Designs and due to reasons known only to him he decided to completely screw the Sega Dreamcast on their commitment. There' s other history to it, but that' s the most recent in my mind. He deserves about 17 pancakes shoved up his ass.

Peter Molyneux - Awesome game designer. He puts so much depth into the games he sculpts and isn' t afraid to take years upon years making a game exactly how he wants it to be. Definitely a great in the video game arena.

Yu Suzuki - Is an explanation really needed?

Yuji Naka - THE man behind Sonic, the Phantasy Star series (not PSO, though, if I' m not mistaken), Samba De Amigo, and ChuChu Rocket...my first ever online gaming experience with a console. The man is a genius and rumored brother of Silent Bob.

That' s really all I can think of right now. I would have mentioned the Shig if he wasn' t pissing me off lately with his ***ty game concepts.
< Message edited by ExtremeDream -- 6/9/2004 10:33:15 PM >
Terry Bogard

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 04:49
Victor Ireland has a MAJOR problem with letting go of grudges.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 06:27
This is the first I' ve heard of the Victor Ireland thing. What' s the scoop?
Terry Bogard

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 10, 2004 23:51
Good ol Victor Ireland didn' t want to support the Dreamcast until they got rid of Bernie Stolar. He' s had a grudge against Stolar since that whole E3 debacle during the Saturn era when Sega stuck Working Designs with some crummy booth that was out of the way. In a way it was kind of a $hitty deal but he acts like Stolar ate his children.

Stolar was disliked by many during the early portions of his tenure at Sega because he killed the U.S. Saturn business to prepare for the Dreamcast and he denounced RPGs as unimportant aspects of gaming.

Vic basically said he' d support the Dreamcast after Stolar was gone, Stolar left but the Dreamcast still didn' t get any Working Designs support.

(p.s.- My history is a little rusty, was it at E3 or the Consumer Electronics Show that this background feud got kickstarted?)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/10/2004 11:51:56 PM >
Joe Redifer

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 01:12
Well he' d have just given Dreamcast owners Lunar: The Silver Star Story Super Mega Complete Limited Edition We Mean It! with completely different music than the Sega CD, Saturn, or PS incarnations.

Was there really anything good besides Ikaruga and Shenmue II that DIDN' T show up on the US Dreamcast? I imported a ton of Saturn games, but rarely any DC games.

PS - Bernie Stolar is an ass.
Terry Bogard

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 03:14

Lunar: The Silver Star Story Super Mega Complete Limited Edition We Mean It!

Lunar: The Silver Star Story Super Mega Complete Limited Edition We Mean It!: TURBO ;)

As for good import Dreamcast games I think some of the good ones that didn' t come out here are just the shooters released recently and late last year.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/11/2004 3:17:51 AM >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 13:33
Least favourite people:
- Victor Ireland
- Peter Molyneux
- Jez San
- Trip Hawkins
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 14:26
Lunar: SSSC and Lunar 2: EB RULED.

Loved those games. :)
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 18:33
Nintendo did not fire Gunpei Yokoi, they gave him what is referred to as a " window job" . Basically, they put him next to a window and gave him useless things to do. He later quit because he was bored with no longer making decisions for a company that he made millions(possibly billions). His death was tragic though, one of the biggest losses in the industry.
Joe Redifer

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 22:46
Ooooo how could I have forgotten about
Trip Hawkins????? What an ass!

Hmmm... how about Tommy Talarico?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 6/11/2004 4:46:50 PM >
Terry Bogard

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 11, 2004 23:46
Tommy Tallarico, now there' s another a$$, lol..

Well, maybe more of a bonehead than an a$$ since he did actually respond to an email once, but still totally didn' t answer my question, lol..

Hey, Trip Hawkins created something more revolutionary than the printing press, he created the 3D0!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6/11/2004 11:47:10 PM >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 12, 2004 07:53
Trip Hawkins also created and then commisioned a further 20 or so installments of Army Men.
SoulOfXion

• Total Posts : 21
RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 14, 2004 23:02
dudes i do nto know names
people who made the games i like are cool
people who made game i hate are gay
simpel enough for me
Joe Redifer

RE: Your favorite (or least favorite) people in the gaming industry! - Jun 15, 2004 01:41
Thanks for contributing!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread