Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Yakuza
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
Yakuza - Feb 24, 2006 06:26
See my update at the 4th post of this topic

With this game fans will back to SEGA again!

Thanks SEGA to let gamers and Shenmue fans out side of ASIA to play your new high quality-awesome game.

Read full news from SEGA.com by clicking here
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/NewsStory/1049.htm

& Also see the game' s page in SEGA.com from here
http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/273.htm

SEGA of America and SEGA Europe today announced the critically-acclaimed title, Yakuza (Japanese title: Ryu Ga Gotoku known as Shenmue Like among some of us), a thrilling action-adventure game created by respected producer Toshihiro Nagoshi and award-winning novelist Seishu Hase.

That' s very good that people out side of ASIA have the chance to play this masterpiece too.

I have the japanese version now and I enjoyed alot from it, that' s why I believe Shenmue Fans must play it too. .." You must see to believe"

Untill 2-3 hours the game is very close and haven' t too much excitement"
But After that you will say OMG...This game is awesome really awesome & you will like it when go further and play more

There are too many things to do and discover, Fighting System is full of fun and you can level up yourself untill 10 Levels,Story is very strong and Graphics for PS2 is very well-with this level of detail even there are no bugs & slow downs(except one location)-Everything in the game is well-designed.

& let me add more things
...It' s not GTA...It' s not even GTA like I don' t know some guys why say this...
GTA is all about driving & killing with out a good story line
You can' t steal and drive cars or other rides.
But you can get a TAXI to save the time and just at the one of the chapters you will play when you' re in the car(After 15 hours I saw this)

& one more main diffrence with GTA...Kazuma Kiryuu isn' t like GTA characters and don' t do their works.
With going further in story line you will believe that he is a very good man.

At the end I don' t want to say it' s 100% shenmue like but be sure that after more than 20 hours playing this game for the first play in normal mode
I can easily say Shenmue Fans must play it!

" Thanks SEGA for brining this high quality title in English Version too"
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 27 Feb 06 22:14:28 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Really announced for both US & Europe for this summer on PS2 " Shenmue Like-Yakuza" - Feb 24, 2006 06:28
it' s good to hear someone likes it so much - I love Shenmue - I can' t wait.

alimn

RE: Really Announced for both US & Europe, This summer On PS2 " Shenmue Like-Yakuza" - Feb 24, 2006 15:26
Did you read the english futures from SEGA' s official Web Site?

If you didn' t therefore please read these to get more interest.
And one more thing-Wait for the english version(Yakuza) and don' t go on Japanese last one (Gogotoku) because there are too many certain things that you need 100% japanese to solve them....(I must get the english version came too)

Yakuza(Ryu ga Gotoku-Shenmue Like) features:

• Experience the Yakuza Lifestyle: The most realistic Yakuza experience to date, allowing you to become immersed in the brutality of the Japanese underworld like never before.

• Cinematic Storyline: An engrossing cinematic storyline spans more than 12 intricately detailed chapters, slowly unveiling the dense web of deceit, violence and mistrust of Japan' s underworld network.

• Authentic Tokyo: Explore the nightlife of Tokyo in amazingly authentic detail - from the sprawling neon-lit streets and nightclubs to actual shops licensed specifically to deliver an authentic feel of this bustling city.

• Stylish New Fighting Engine: Bring out the best of your street-brawling skills by taking on numerous enemies at once and taking them down in style. String together a combination of fighting moves in order to take out multiple enemies simultaneously, or simply grab a nearby object and smash it over an opponent' s head!

• Develop Your Character' s Fighting Skills: Build up experience points from brawls and use the RPG-style levelling up system to improve your strength, stamina and fighting techniques as you so choose.

• Deep Gameplay: Accumulate weapons and items, engage in numerous side missions, interrogate and bribe informants, gamble, practise your swing in the baseball batting cages or improve your combat skills in the fighting cages!

" These are really true this game is awesome and it' s full of entertainment"
alimn

RE: Really Announced for both US & Europe, This summer On PS2 " Shenmue Like-Yakuza" - Feb 28, 2006 05:22
By the way is there any offical web site for this game like the previous japanese version ryu-ga-gtoku.com?
alimn

RE: " UPDATE" Really Announced for both US & Eur, This summer On PS2 " A Shenmue Like-Yak - Feb 28, 2006 05:32
A short review

After more than 30 hours of playing this game now,I' m in chapter 11...(Almost All moves mastered, All levels MAX also many things such as secrets, side missions & ...has been done & just there is one chapter to finish Ryu ga Gotoku for the first time.

This game is a real masterpiece based on a strong story & I like it
& Again I still believe that Shenmue fans must play and finish it.

Main Advantages of Upcoming Yakuza or Japanese Ryu ga Gotoku as a Shenmue like from SEGA:

1-Strong Story with a lot of strange and lovely characters
(A complete cinematic story line)

2-New Battle & Level-up system plus Learning technics System based on real RPGs with using of weapons and many other objects,
A semi-QTE sys in fights more similar to God Of Wars QTEs if we can call the QTEs too!

3-Level of freedom & one of the most big realistic Japan experience to date after Shenmue.

4-Deep gameplay that there are too many things like mini games for fun, gambling and Fighting for money to discover and do just like Shenmue (But a little of them is very diffrent from Shenmue that if you don' t like you' re completely free to ignore them to do.)

5-Interesting System Menu & option setting including arranging your items, moving in th map + ...

I' m also very happy that Shenmue is still the one and the king of
Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment Style

" I mean some of the main feautures in gameplay of Shenmue doesn' t exists in Ryu ga Gotoku(Yakuza) and this game have still somethings to show us from itself not like Shenmue and Nagoshi didn' t make a real copy of Shenmue"

Ryu ga Gotoku doesn' t have these features in gameplay like Shenmue:

1-Camera System (Not free and reactive like Shenmue-It' s automatic with a limited ability to turn and zoom camera in special locations)

2, 3 & 4-Character' s face details and voices(Normal people-characters in the streets,shops and other locations not main characters)
They' re not similar to each other at all (and this is one the good features that GTA,True Crime and don' t have)
I mean there are a huge amount of people and you can' t find two similar person to each other.
The city is very very crowd and you will see more people than Shenmue II but like I mentioned before their face detail is not as high as Shenmue and also your conversation is limited to TEXTS not Voice and Text.
It' s still good that you can see people is doing diffrent works and you can follow them like Shenmue to see where they' re going but when location changes you will miss them ....
and this is where that you will find again that there is no game completely like Shenmue in gameplay.
I almost couldn' t find a a game like Shenmue with this level of freedom in acting with peoples in a game.
Also Kazuma can' t read the name of locations like Ryo.

5-Magic Weather and Time(Stroy Progress define the Weather and time not gamers)

6-& Some other things that makes me to don' t make a real comparing with Shenmue again-

Don' t forget that

it' s just a Shenmue-Like with some new features in it' s gameplay form.

And for those guys who says this is more similar to GTA I have these to say

...It' s not GTA...It' s not even GTA like...
GTA doesn' t have a strong story-line and almost nothing in the feild of scenario.
GTA is just for fun.
About Graphic and Sound GTA is a real crap-All characters are similar to each other and sound tracks aren' t original.
Also you can' t steal or ride cars in this game like GTA...But you can get a TAXI to save the time and just at the one of the chapters you will play when you' re in the car(After 15 hours I saw this)
GTA is all about stealing cars and driving with a huge amount of funny and easy side missions.
& one more main diffrence with GTA...Kazuma Kiryuu isn' t like GTA characters and don' t do their works.
With going further in story line you will believe that he is a very good man.
and your answer yes much better than GTA.

SEGA spent more than 20million dollars to make Ryu ga Gotoku" Yakuza" to make a high quality not a funny M rated game like GTA

At the end remeber again that
Untill 2-3 hours the game is very close because it is telling the story and you will not have too much excitement in gameplay" But After that you will say OMG...This game is awesome really awesome & you will like it when go further and play more
< Message edited by alimn -- 27 Feb 06 21:45:55 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: " UPDATE" Really Announced for both US & Eur, This summer On PS2 " A Shenmue Like-Yak - Feb 28, 2006 06:11

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll