Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox360 Akward Compatibility
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 10, 2006 11:32
I just doesnt hope they think that having a speical contronl and a backward compability console is enough...
I want next gen ffs...

Special doesnt mean good...
The NR controler looks very intresting,but thats about it.
I dont think i would like playing a sport game/rpg/fps playing that way i seen so far...
No matter what some people say trying to hype it up.
But yes i will buy the NR anyway...cause its nintendo,dont want them to leave the buisness.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 10 Jan 06 19:36:53 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 10, 2006 11:52
That' s a pretty bad reason to buy a console. If you don' t like their products then let them rot in hell. And even though Nintendo might leave the home console market they will still have their handhelds. And if that doesn' t work then they will probably do well the way Sega has.
I think the controller will be fun and the games will be next-gen. The graphics might not be as cool as on the other consoles but it will probably be enough.
Even an idiot such as myself can think of incredibly fun ways to use that controller. So if a mastermind like Shigeru Miyamoto and his friends are doing some thinking as well, we will see some amazing games from Nintendo soon. But the new games will surely play differently. Only open minded individuals will be able to enjoy those games.
And Nintendo has promised some online games as well. I want to play Mario Kart Revolution online. With that controller.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Jan 06 19:53:23 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 11, 2006 13:21

I think they said that the Rev was defenately going to be backwards compatible with all of Nintendos first party titles and the rest of the games would be up to their respective publishers.

I believe the above quote to be true...

Many of the original publishers are no longer around - someone else owns the rights to those game. Maybe they' ll re-release them...

I will say this...

Graphics are good and all. But, if you don' t have good gameplay and/or gameplay mechanics, you are probably not going to enjoy the game. And that' s after paying all that extra $$ for a not-so-good game.

I' ll put my $$ on playing good games with just acceptable (or better) graphics - that way I get to play what I enjoy.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 11, 2006 14:19

Graphics are good and all. But, if you don' t have good gameplay and/or gameplay mechanics, you are probably not going to enjoy the game. And that' s after paying all that extra $$ for a not-so-good game.

I' ll put my $$ on playing good games with just acceptable (or better) graphics - that way I get to play what I enjoy.

Amen to that
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 11, 2006 18:51
F*** backward compatibility! It' s a waste of resources. If I want to play PS1 games, I' ll play them on a PS1, dammit! Who wants to play that crap, anyway?! The Nintendo idea is kinda cool. I mean, offering old games for download. Could you imagine the Revolution with ports for NES, SNES, and N64 cartridges! LOL! That would be funny.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 12, 2006 03:56

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

F*** backward compatibility! It' s a waste of resources. If I want to play PS1 games, I' ll play them on a PS1, dammit! Who wants to play that crap, anyway?! The Nintendo idea is kinda cool. I mean, offering old games for download. Could you imagine the Revolution with ports for NES, SNES, and N64 cartridges! LOL! That would be funny.

Yeah but games are still being released for Xbox, and people would' ve really liked to be able to play all the games that came out in the couple of years (Burnout Revenge, Doom 3, Far Cry, DoA Ultimate, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Conker Live & Reloaded etc...).

But instead they' re being overly selective about which they make compatible at the moment, since newer versions of some of the games are in production.

It sucks man, i mean i got every launch game, then bought RR6 and DoA4, ....but i still want to be able to play my Xbox games, especially those i' ve bought in the last 6 months or so!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 12, 2006 04:04
Backward compatibility made me buy PS2 when there weren' t many good games and FF9 came out.

Xbox has some cool titles I' d really like playing from time to time - Outrun 2 , Ninja Gaiden and so on.

It' s one of the coolest ideas from Sony - Backward compatibility and it does matter.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 12, 2006 08:56
I understand where you guys are coming from. Convenience. I guess I just don' t care because I have no plans on packing up my Xbox and storing it away, or selling it on Ebay. It' s still hooked up and in full effect. Once the PS3 and Rev come out, then I' ll have to find a solution for my lack of component inputs on my receiver. Not until then, though.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox360 Akward Compatibility - Jan 12, 2006 11:48
Actually, can anyone check if GTA San Andreas works?! It' s on the list, and while Vice City works, San Andreas doesn' t for me.

I also heard that DoA Ultimate was now working but mine doesn' t. I' m running 1.2, is anyone running anything higher?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message