Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 18:46
Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other!

Upcoming Xbox Games Portfolio Better than ANY Other Console! FACT!
We thought we would salute Xbox and point out to every gamer out there, Xbox undeniably has the best selection of games on the way when compared to any other console on the market today.

Just take a look at the front-runners, Halo 2, Fable, Doom III, Half-Life 2, Jade Empire, Sudeki, B.C and these are just a few of the utter treats that will be in our xbox’s over the next year!

Throughout this article, we will be viewing each genre on the xbox to see what we have in store, showing the variety and fullness of Xbox’s upcoming catalogue to full effect!

First Person Shooter

This is without doubt Xbox’s strongest genre, with such high-calibre games in just one category is amazing but to find them all on Xbox is excellent!

Halo 2
Half-Life 2
Doom III
Pariah
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Unreal Championship 2
Painkiller
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
Darkwatch
Area 51
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Shellshock: Nam 67
Far Cry: Instincts
Goldeneye 2
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Currently Released Favorite Xbox FPS’
Halo
Rainbow Six 3
Timesplitters 2

Role Playing Games:

At the start of Xbox’s life, this was the least-filled genre. However, it seems to have bloomed into one of the most varied and stunning genre on xbox, with 5 absolutely amazing titles exclusive to the console!

Fable
Jade Empire
Sudeki
True Fantasy Live Online
Star Wars: KOTOR 2
Citizen Zero
The Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age
Xmen Legends

Currently Released Favorite Xbox RPG’s
Shenmue II
Star Wars: KOTOR
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II

Racing:

This has been one of Xbox’s strongest genre’s throughout its life with Project Gotham 2 currently ruling the racing genre across all platforms, however there is great promise with these titles on the way!

Outrun 2
Forza Motorsport
Need For Speed Underground 2
Crash ‘n’ Burn
Colin McRae 2005
Juiced
Burnout 3
Crash ‘n’ Burn
FlatOut
Powerdrome
Mashed

Currently Released Favorite Xbox Racing Titles:
Project Gotham Racing 2
Pro Race Driver 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
Burnout 2

Action:

In the past, Xbox has had Ninja Gaiden, Splinter Cell, Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid all in this genre but strong competition is on the way with exclusives such as Mech Assault 2, Driv3R, Starcraft Ghost and Advent Rising!

Mech Assault 2
Spikeout
Advent Rising
Ghost Recon 2
Driv3r
Starcraft Ghost
Spiderman 2
Headhunter:Redemption
ShellShock: Nam ' 67
Conflict: Vietnam
NARC
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Conflict Vietnam
Dead To Rights II

Currently Released Favorite Xbox Action Titles:
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack

Adventure/Platformer:

This probably the most underestimated genre in gaming. Stereotyped as a kiddie genre, it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. The past has seen Rare’s Grabbed By The Ghoulies and the utter treats, Beyond Good and Evil and Prince Of Persia. Just look at what is to come!

Kameo: Elements Of Power
Conkers: Live and Uncut
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Blinx 2
Oddworld 4
Prince of Persia 2
Second Sight
Silent Hill 4
Fatal Frame 2
Malice
Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams
Crash Twinsanity
Spyro 5

Currently Released Favorite Xbox Adventure Titles:
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
Beyond Good & Evil

Strategy:

The strategy on the Xbox offers a wide range of gaming styles. From the war-style of Full Spectrum Warrior to the city-life of the URBZ, not to mention the Hollywood influenced ‘The Movies’ and the prehistoric B.C. One thing’s for sure, this displays how varied Xbox’s line-up is.

B.C
Full Spectrum Warrior
The Movies
The URBZ: Sims In The City
Worms: Forts Under Siege

Currently Released Favorite Xbox Strategy Titles:
The Sims: Bustin Out
Worms 3D
Championship Manager

Beat Em Up’s:

Whether it’s the franticly fast and beautiful graphics from DOA: Ultimate that you are looking for, the 2D old-skool antics of Guilty Gear or the graphically explicitness of Mortal Kombat, Xbox has it all in its Beat Em Up Line-up!

Dead Or Alive Online
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Def Jam: Fight For New York
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Rocky Legends
Fight Club

Currently Released Favorite Xbox Beat Em Up Titles:
Dead Or Alive 3
Soul Calibur 2
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Allience

With at least 2 major Xbox Exclusive titles in every genre plus Xbox LIVE features within pretty much every title, Xbox has without doubt situated itself as the console with the best software in this generation. How could anyone argue with that when they see such titles as Halo 2, Doom 3, Fable, Jade Empire, Outrun 2, Conkers, Kameo, DOA Ultimate and KOTOR 2 100% exclusive to the Xbox?

Face the facts – over the next year, with this amazing line-up Xbox is going to dominate the world of gaming.

fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 19:23
Good stuff.

...but I' m still much more interested in other titles for the rest of 2004.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 20:50
Xbox may have the best games around but there are still ppl who will mouth off abotu it just because its not the big name Sony system. I hope to see xbox get on top at least just for one year, Sony has worn the crown Nintendo and Sega have had a holding before. Its seems fit that Microsoft get a wearign soon.

Dammit tho i have a lot of money to spend seeing all them dman games.
fathoms

RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 21:01

Xbox may have the best games around

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don' t. Overall, I think they' re very much behind. But that' s just me.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 22:42
in front, or behind, no matter what, i have almost all systems, and mostly content with my xbox.

exept for the better graphics, one of the biggest things i love about the box is the hard disk. saving, your own music, it could not be easyer. no more searching for your gamesaves, and giving your games your own taste of music. how cool is that ?

but, that does not mean i dislike the other systems. far from it. but surely all those memory cards (for the gamer that has more than just a few games) can be a pain in the *ss. (becouse of searching, or you have to label them, and make a paper with a list of games on each one).

so microsoft, be sure to put one in the xbox 2 as well !
paul_pso

• Total Posts : 11
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 22:52
True Fantasy Live Online being cancelled was some of the crappiest news of the year, some of the best was that nintendo had redesigned the DS in to a sleek sexy thing from that " 80' s reject"

cant w8 for forza and the conker remake, even tho i had the n64 conker game not many people played it, it will be nice to play it with xbox graphics standards and its satisfying that all my xbox buddies will get to experiance what i laughed my ass of to on the n64 some 3 years or so ago, Im not an xbox fanboy tho i cant wait for san andreas and the new realistic zelda!
Mass X

RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 27, 2004 22:54
Hell ya for SA and Zelda...still i hope to see the new GTA on the xbox, but i dont mind the PC so its all good.
fathoms

RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 02:48

but surely all those memory cards (for the gamer that has more than just a few games) can be a pain in the *ss. (becouse of searching, or you have to label them, and make a paper with a list of games on each one).

At this point, I actually prefer memory cards. I only have 2 PS2 memory cards, and one lasted me for nearly three years. I still have five PSOne memory cards, and I' ve never had a problem with any, and that' s a seven-year span total. I' ve already had files corrupted on my Xbox, and a friend of mine is currently on his third Xbox (previous two kept corrupting hard drive data). Until the hard drive is perfected to the point where I can actually rely on it, I' ll take something that' s tried and true. Being an RPG fan, I really hate the idea of 50 hours of game time just disappearing for no good reason. Also, if you want to bring saved data over a friend' s house to play a game for whatever reason, you still need a memory card.

Oh, and if you don' t know what games are on a memory card, it' s a simple matter of just turning on the system and going to the browser. It takes about 10 seconds.
Mass X

RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 03:06
Whew Im lucky my box hasnt had them problems, Im still on my first one from the dya of release so many years ago. The portability of a memory card is handy which is why I have a single one, just to bring things from place to place. But I had cards in the past often go corrupt. Seems with all this stuff its just a luck of the draw.

The box' s hard drive also helps when it comes to music. My computer is weak so I dont like to have too many things on it. The biggest space taker since I dont play games on it currently, is the music I have. Just as diversed and emence in size as my movie collection. This may not be a problem for ppl who have nice coms, but its a big one for me. So I often transfer my music from the computer to the xbox just to save space.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 03:48
I' m on my second Xbox but only because some idiot dropped it at my school. The HD has been pretty reliable for me other than that one occurence. It did hurt because I had around 100 hours of Morrowind saved on it but I eventually got back to that point. I' m not sure if the Xbox Line up is the best as some of the games are in my " meh" category right now.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 05:26
best post I' ve seen so far
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 05:31
Which post? Yours?

I enjoy my Xbox quite a bit, but I also have to admit that I enjoy my PS2 and even my Gamecube Nintendo (that' s its official name, BTW). I have 20 Xbox games, 14 PS2 games and 9 Gamecube Nintendo games. Of the games I want I' d say most of them are Xbox games, a couple are PS2 game and a couple are Gamecube Nintendo games.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 13:07
I' m enjoying my Gamecube so much I' m thinking about selling it...

I just don' t like playing on it anymore.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Xbox Line UP: Better Than Any Other! - Sep 28, 2004 14:56

Headhunter:Redemption

I would NOT proudly list that game, LOL.. Anyone who hated CY Girls will more than likely hate this game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll