Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 2 before PlayStation 3 [ Rumor ]
ColdFusion

• Total Posts : 35
Xbox 2 before PlayStation 3 [ Rumor ] - Jun 17, 2004 01:47

Although Xbox was launched on the market after PlayStation 2 of Sony and GameCube de Nintendo, it would seem that these are the Microsoft time which will put on sale in first its console new generation. Indeed, according to certain indications provided by sources close to site IGN, the future console of Microsoft should leave in the neighbourhoods November 2005 to the USA and probably at the beginning of 2006 in Europe, the successor of Xbox will certainly not bear the name ' Xbox 2 ' so that the players do not consider it lower than PlayStation 3 of Sony whose launching would be probably delayed until 2007 leaving time with the manufacturer to include technology DVD Blue-Ray with the console.

source : IGN
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Xbox 2 before PlayStation 3 [ Rumor ] - Jun 17, 2004 03:25
If that' s true it won' t be good for Microsoft' s competitors (Sony & Nintendo) in the U.S. and possibly Europe.. The Xbox is too well established on these shores to allow them a significant headstart.

On the other hand, in Japan, even if they had 4 years headstart on the PS3 I can' t see their ' lead' lasting no more than 4 months before being completely outsold by the PS3...... Unless Microsoft can pull the ultimate coup and get some Square Enix action.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Xbox 2 before PlayStation 3 [ Rumor ] - Jun 17, 2004 05:52
Yes, but this isnt fact yet. Although I do think sony going with this great " cell technology" will ruin the PS3. I think it will cause delays and a huge price point. As for Blue-Ray, all I have to say is I give it a dead pan whoopdeedoo. Thats what I need, my HDTV to be even sharper, even though it will cost a ton. And if Sony doesn' t get its act together I see Squarenix jumping ship, which would change things drastically.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Xbox 2 before PlayStation 3 [ Rumor ] - Jun 17, 2004 06:03
I really hope I don' t have to wait until 2007 for a PS3! I guess we' ll know more in time, though. I think it would be cool to use the Blue Ray technology since we' ve seen how long a console can be profitable. Even tho the technology might be new when it comes out, 4 years down the road it will almost have to have it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll