Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who Loves Those ' Worms' Games? Now You Will Have More To Cheer About!!!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Who Loves Those ' Worms' Games? Now You Will Have More To Cheer About!!! - Oct 07, 2004 16:53
Those new titles from the loveable ' Worms' series are coming to the U.S.

Team 17 Finds US Publisher for Worms Games

By: César A. Berardini - " Cesar"

Oct. 7th, 2004 04:09 am

Last month, we reported that Team 17, the developers of the Worms franchise, were looking for a new North American publisher regarding the titles Worms 3D Special Edition (Xbox Live compatible) and the upcoming Worms Forts: Under Siege.

In a new update from Team 17, Martyn ' Spadge' Brown confirmed that a publisher for the North America territory has been found and that they hope to announce all the details soon.

We haven' t got release schedules yet but we are working on those and hope to have both games on sale this year if at all possible (we have to re-submit the games through Sony/Microsoft as we changed publisher).

Finally, Martyn made a comment about one of the hottest topics these days: next-generation consoles.

With respect to new formats/platforms, no official statement regarding specific development has been or is unlikely to be made by T17 on these devices until 2005 at the earliest. However we can confirm that we are on the development programme for both Sony PSP and Nintendo DS machines.

We are currently working on a number of projects, specific details of which will remain under wraps for now.

So, there you have it, the official word form the horse' s mouth. Hopefully, we' ll be playing Worms before the end of the year on Xbox Live.

We' ll have more on the new publishing deal as it develops.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Who Loves Those ' Worms' Games? Now You Will Have More To Cheer About!!! - Oct 08, 2004 04:27
That' s great news. I' m a huge fan of the franchise and I played it all the time on Dreamcast. It got to the point where none of my friends would play me because I could take them out with cold efficiency every game, lol.

Anyways, I was beginning to wonder when the games would be released so it' s good news that they finally found a publisher.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Who Loves Those ' Worms' Games? Now You Will Have More To Cheer About!!! - Oct 08, 2004 08:55
Sega published the first Worms 3D in Europe and I think are on hand to publish the new Worms game too. Why can' t they publish the game in the US? It' s odd for a game to have multiple publishers for different regions isn' t it? (except Japanese games being published in the US and Europe by a western publisher)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Who Loves Those ' Worms' Games? Now You Will Have More To Cheer About!!! - Oct 08, 2004 11:32
It doesn' t make much sense to have multiple publishers for the same game...of this point I agree.

Maybe it has something to do with localization issues and/or costs.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll