Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is currently your system of choice?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38
Olorin

• Total Posts : 16
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jun 25, 2003 14:06
XBox. Deathrow can be quite addicting.
Sonic2k4

• Total Posts : 5
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jun 25, 2003 18:54
Dreamcast.

Play On,
Banquo63

• Total Posts : 2
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jun 29, 2003 18:10
Mostly PC,with my PS2 a close second.My Xbox has been sparingly used lately,hopefull that`ll change when Knights of the Old Republic is released.I finally pulled the plug on the GC and traded it in.It was a nice system hardware wise,but outside of Metroid Prime,a complete waste of time in the games department.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 03, 2003 13:35
A couple of weeks ago i got my DC and PC Engine out of the loft. Since then my Game Cube has hardly been touched. Mainly been playing F355 (shame the servers have gone), Virtua Tennis and Soul Calibur for the DC and Pacland for PC Engine.
Sherv

• Total Posts : 3
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 03, 2003 16:16
PC, DC and soon Xbox.
why_i_fight

• Total Posts : 1
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 19, 2003 22:27
My system of choice? The mighty xbox
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 20, 2003 12:48
My current system of choice?

Well, it' s a close run thing but at the moment it' s the PS2 closely followed by my GameCube. Following that is the Neo Geo AES (home cart) system.

Sadly my Xbox hasn' t got much use since Panzer Dragoon Orta and Burnout 2 came out.

Really the PS2 is tops because I' ve been playing way too much VF4 Evo and the 10th anniversary edition. As for the Cube. Super Monkey Ball, Skies Of Arcadia Legends and Ikaruga are all to blame. Do I need to mention the Neo.

Anyway the PS2 and Cube will I suspect continue to dominate untill something interests me on Xbox. I.E not fps and war games. Yes they are good... but I' ve played so many of them on PC last year they' ve gotten a bit repetitive and samey.

Still, once Half-Life 2 and Doom III hit my beloved black box will see some action.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 20, 2003 12:51
Before anyone says I contradicted myself. Yes the last two Xbox games mentioned are FPS' s, but are the only ones I' m really anticipating.
abecblader

• Total Posts : 8
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 30, 2003 11:12
my system of choice has to be my ps2. no matter what me friends say i like sony. i have sum great games on ps2 and i can see plenty more coming out soon

Attached Image(s)
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Jul 31, 2003 19:14
Pc for me. I' ve been bustin out the Ur-Quan Masters
Rowdie

• Total Posts : 5
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Aug 13, 2003 18:19
Xbox in a landslide. The issue is it' s near impossible to go backwards on the power meter. ie, nes was great till genesis which was great till PS which was great till DC which was still great when the PS2 arrived but wasn' t so great once the xbox arrived. There are so few games that are great enough to withstand the test of time. Even then they never really shine like they once did. A few of these games would be Yars Revenge, Herzogs Zwei, and NHL ' 94. The thing is for most games there' s a newer example with just as tight of gameplay and vastly improved graphics.

PC side I' ve been slacking on since the utter dissappointments of WarCraft III and AoE III.
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Aug 20, 2003 22:38
Never heard anyone call age of mythology age of empires 3
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Aug 22, 2003 04:00
If I could only have one console... I don' t know how I' d choose - Xbox is a clear winning machine, with amazing games that you can play for months - but my beloved VF exists only on PS2. On that basis alone, PS2' s the machine I' d take to that desert island. Then I' d think about some kind of power source.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Aug 23, 2003 18:50
Typically, my favorite console is decided by my favorite game of that period...

But the Dreamcast is still #1
Followed by the Xbox, but no for the games..but for the innovation. Things like a hard drive and built in ethernet make it king.

ANaughtyDog

• Total Posts : 3
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Aug 26, 2003 01:22
PS2 all the way. There are a few Xbox games I want but nowhere near the amount of PS2 games. I can' t get broadband either so the PS2 is the clear winner for me if I decide to play any online games. I' m finally caught up on my PS2 gaming except for Sly Cooper. I thought of getting an Xbox recently but with Jak2, GT4, R&C2, Ghost Hunter, Kya, Dark Alliance II, Champions of Norath, NFSUnderground, Manhunt, FFX-2, MGS3, and I' m sure I' m forgetting a handful, I just can' t see buying an Xbox right now. Not to mention the graphics are finally starting to look on par with the other consoles. Many of the Multiplatform games still look on the weak side but it is the big exclusives I go after, especially the Final Fantasies. And a good many of my old PS1 games look a lot better on the PS2 than the PS1.

I would love to get DOAXBV or some other jiggly enhanced game. So the Xbox might have a place next to my PS2 in the near future.
< Message edited by ANaughtyDog -- 8/26/2003 1:26:39 AM >
Cei

• Total Posts : 4
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Sep 03, 2003 11:12
My PS2s come under the most load, I' m still catching up on endless hours of RPGs from PAL and NTSC territories, and then I' ve got the online titles like Midnight Club II which I play when bored. Add in the backwards compatability, which means all my PSone RPGs get replayed...

The Dreamcast is getting a fair amount of use (Space Channel 5!) and the ' cube has had Wind Waker in it for about a month. The GBA SP gets used when I' m out and about, but I can' t find the charging lead at the moment so it' s flat :|
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Nov 17, 2003 12:55
XBox. I have all three but I would rather buy XBox versions of multi-platform games. Also, PS2 really doesn' t have any exclusives that I really care about. So my list goes as such:

1. XBox
2. PC
3. GC
4. Dreamcant (yes i still love it)
5. GBA SP
6. NES (It may be old but mine still works and I would play it over PS2 any day)
7. PS2 ( I don' t know why I dont just give it away or something)
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: What is currently your system of choice? - Nov 17, 2003 12:59
Actually I should have put SNES before NES and made the the Genesis #8 and the PS2 #9.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message