Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What WILL they call the Revolution???
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Dec 31, 2005 16:52
Since we know the PS3 is going to be called exactly that, and the 360 is err, ...the 360, what do people thing Nintendo will ACTUALLY call it' s new console, currently code-named Revolution?!

Post your ideas, comical or serious.

I' m going for somthing along the lines of the NMotion...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 1 Jan 06 0:56:16 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Dec 31, 2005 23:14
I hope they call it N5, as it would be their 5th console. This name would show who' s boss, not to mention it would be a step closer to the n64 and five steps from the kiddy image of the Gamecube.

Nes
Snes
N64
gamecube
N5 (damn straight)
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 1 Jan 06 7:16:11 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 01, 2006 00:14
I hope they keep the name Nintendo Revolution.. I like it.
Nitro

RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 01, 2006 06:03

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I hope they keep the name Nintendo Revolution.. I like it.

Yeah it has a certain ring to it, and people are kinda used to it now. But Nintendo keep referring to it as their ..' next console codenamed Revolution' . I' m guessing it' s final secrets, unveilled in May will add meaning to it' s final name.

I like N5 though, it has a certain sensibility to it!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 01, 2006 16:05
I hope they call it ]Gangsta[

But seriously I think N5 is a cool idea and it really fits that HI-Tec design.

I think that Sony' s doing a good job by doing nothing - they had a good name and they just add numbers.Great for customers (they know that 2 is better than 1) and it kind of keeps that brand huge.

I think that Xbox360 is a crappy name even though I' m not sure if I could find a better one.

Dreamcast was a cool name.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 2 Jan 06 0:06:44 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 03:00
I believe it will be called the USNES128! Ultra SNES as it will be known.

EDIT - Wasn' t the Xbox 360 going to be called Xenon or somethng?
< Message edited by Marink -- 2 Jan 06 11:03:12 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 03:11
Xenon is the codename for the CPU or the GPU, Xenos is the code name for the other, dont remember which is which!

I hope they will either name it N5 or Revolution, or a VX chemical super machine. but i highly doubt the last!
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 2 Jan 06 11:16:37 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 08:14
I really hope they do give it a good name. I like Revoloution [and is the best code name for there devolpment consoles yet, Ultra64 [N64] Dolphin [Gamecube] etc. all sucked]

I got a feeling it isnt going to be as good as ' rev' tough.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 10:14
Nintendo kept the name of the DS even though they said it was just a code name so maybe the same now. At least I hope so, even though the word revolution has been used far too much the recent year it' s still very suiting.
Maybe they should come up with code names that doesn' t sound so cool so they can change to a cooler name for the final product
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 11:44
Iwata keeps talking about giving us a " revolutionary" console, so Revolution suits it perfectly. Of course, if they happen to think of a cooler name...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 13:37
They should just go oldschool and call it the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Of course, N5 is kinda catchy too.
Nitro

RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 02, 2006 17:08

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

They should just go oldschool and call it the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Of course, N5 is kinda catchy too.

Right back to the good ol' days eh?! I like it!

I liked the name ' Revolution' ever since it was announced, but it doesn' t quite say ' conole' to me. I know they' re talking about changing the way games are played but ' Revolution' also says ' full circle' to me. Starting again. See, Nintendo Entertainment System really does work!

UberNES!!!

I seriously can' t wait though. I' ve already got my 360 (i' m impressed but really want Gears Of War and Ghost Recon 3), and i' m getting ' Revolution' on launch day with EVERY launch title!

Actually, since 360 games are retailing at £49.99 (UK), and PS3 titles are looking to be around £54.99 due to development costs being so high, ...what will Rev games be priced at?!

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 03, 2006 10:16

Actually, since 360 games are retailing at £49.99 (UK), and PS3 titles are looking to be around £54.99 due to development costs being so high, ...what will Rev games be priced at?!

There is no way ps3 games will cost more then 360 games, its an industry standard, even if ps3 exclusives games do cost a bit more you have to realize the ps fanbase is at least twice that of xbox fanbase and thus individual ps games have a good chance at selling better.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 03, 2006 15:47
I think they' ll end up calling it Dave.
SaFt

• Total Posts : 38
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 04, 2006 13:47
Wasn`t the Codename for Ds Nitro or something?

Oh well, i`ll give it a try:

NintendosNext-GenConsoleThatWillFetureASlightlySmallJumpInGraphicsButAGreatStepInPlayability.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 04, 2006 15:09
well i got a brianstorm just now [the good kind] and since its called revoloution now, it isnt much a ' revoloution' as much any more as everybody allready knows what its about. So al launch it should be called somelike like ' seen that, been there' or ' old news' or ' not so revoloutionary since everybody has copyed our idea' [NSRSEHCOI]

i am sure you can mix those letters around to make a word.

.. well thats cool.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 04, 2006 15:34
I think they should call it N5, cuz it really sounds cool and gives a nintendo feeling to it, kinda old skool. Revolution just doesn' t fit for the console for now. Next time they make a console, maybe a beast (powerful) then they can call it Revolution. Honestly, N5 sounds great.

I like simple names, mostly, and there r some exceptions. I' m a Xbox fan, but x360 just doesn' t do it. They should' ve left it at Xbox 2, or Xenon even. anyways, I need money to buy my 360! any donors here?
Ken Smith

• Total Posts : 1
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 04, 2006 19:42
I think they should license the name " Einhander" from Square (remember the game). This would fit good because the controller is designed for " one hand" operation. Call the new system the " Nintendo Einhander" .

That would rule!
Nitro

RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 05, 2006 06:35

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

There is no way ps3 games will cost more then 360 games, its an industry standard, even if ps3 exclusives games do cost a bit more you have to realize the ps fanbase is at least twice that of xbox fanbase and thus individual ps games have a good chance at selling better.

Dude, Sony have already said that the console will be " ..expensive.." , with analysts looking at it launching for £400 in the UK ($701) , just like the original Playstation did. And both developers and publishers have stated that the games will be more expensive due to development costs. It is costing the developers more to make PS3 games than it' s costing them to make 360 games, mainly due to Microsoft having supplied them with an extensive toolkit that the developers would otherwise, and in the case of the PS3 have to construct themselves.

Additional development costs sounds like a valid excuse to me to charge £54.99, and if you' re from the UK then you should remember that some N64 games cost up to £70. There is NO industry standard, and it' s publishers that decide the RRP.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What WILL they call the Revolution??? - Jan 05, 2006 07:29

I think they should license the name " Einhander" from Square (remember the game). This would fit good because the controller is designed for " one hand" operation. Call the new system the " Nintendo Einhander" .

If they did even consider the name Einhander, I would personally hunt you down! . Why borrow a name from a shooter marred in mediocrity when they can go for a more impactful shooter title like, the Nintendo Thunderforce
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message