Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 14, 2004 02:50
For me there were three...

1) War of the Worlds
2) Godzilla (any of the original movies)
3) King Kong

All of these turned out to become my favorite classic movies of all time.

What classic movie(s) were you surprised that YOU liked?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/14/2004 2:50:48 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 14, 2004 02:52
The Evil Dead series
Dawn of the Dead
The Great Escape
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9/15/2004 2:36:39 AM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 14, 2004 03:08
The Seven Samurai

I was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. It' s all in japanese and it' s as old as the hills but it' s really a good movie especially for it' s time.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 14, 2004 13:50
I just thought of another one...

The Hills Have Eyes - that was kinda creepy.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 15, 2004 01:59
I' ve been wanting to watch that movie, The Hills Have Eyes, as I' ve seen it at the local Wal-Mart several times in passing. Can you give me a little description as to the plot of the movie?
DaRoosh65

RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 15, 2004 12:23
Both of these are directed by Wes Craven...I always have loved his movies.

The Hills Have Eyes

When their camper breaks down in the desert on their way to California, a desperate family struggles to survive the attacks of a bizarre cannibalistic family, hungry for fresh meat and determined to terrorize the innocent vacationers. As members of the Carter clan fall prey to these inbred marauders, only a son and daughter remain to rescue their kidnapped infant and seek vengeance against the savages who have destroyed their family.

On an innocent outing, an all-American family runs into car trouble. Suddenly, they are hunted by a cannibalistic family, hungry for fresh meat. The families pitch war against one another in a desperate struggle for survival.

There is also a " The Hills Have Eyes 2" , and here' s it' s decription:

Crazed mutants with an insatiable thirst for human blood attack a group of youngsters walking along a lonely desert road in the dead of night. Everyone is killed except a man and a blind girl who are left to face the terror alone. This sequel to the beloved cannibal film is directed by famed horror auteur Wes Craven (NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET), with a score by Henry Manfredini (FRIDAY THE 13TH).

Source - Tower Records
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/15/2004 12:23:51 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Classic Movie(s) Were You Surprised That You Liked? - Sep 15, 2004 14:54
Can' t think of any classic movies that surprised me that way, but I can tell you a movie that I was surprised that I Did NOT like: DARK CITY! hehe

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll