Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 War of the Worlds movie
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
War of the Worlds movie - Aug 13, 2004 13:53

Cruise to ' War'
Tom Cruise will next star in Steven Spielberg ' s remake of War of the Worlds, postponing Mission: Impossible 3, Paramount Pictures said. The last-minute shuffle means War will be the studio' s big summer movie next year.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: War of the Worlds movie - Aug 15, 2004 17:11
Thats some great news indeed. Im glad Spielbergs directing and not some unknown. Im also glad that tom cruise is on board and that mission impossible was delayed, cause the second movie completely ruined the series in my opinion.

Ive also heard that Spielberg has hired Industrial light and magic to do the effects, so it won;t look like crap, which is good.

( BTW who' s directing MI3? Is it still John woo? )
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: War of the Worlds movie - Aug 17, 2004 04:38
To answer about the director of MI3. Well they wanna have a different director for each movie made, the last I heard it was the guy who directed the movie NARC. I havent seen NARC so Im not sure how good he is.

As for War of the Worlds, sounds like a damn good idea, I fully trust Speilberg with teh project.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: War of the Worlds movie - Aug 17, 2004 14:33
I haven' t heard anything about this movie.
Is it a series or a remake?

Maybe I will have to go searching for info
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: War of the Worlds movie - Aug 18, 2004 14:37
Herbert George Wells(year 1898) wrote a novel called The War Of The Worlds about an alien invasion of the Earth.

Orson Welles did a radio drama of the book in the real life American town of Grover' s Mill and people actually believed they were listening to real news of an alien invasion, which caused mass panic.

There was a movie made many, many years ago I believe. I vaguely remember it. The book is still being published today. It' s a classic, ya know.

I' m glad Speilberg is the one doing this movie and Tom Cruise, of course. I will definitely go to the theatre to see this movie!

Paramount Pictures has said that filming is to start in November.
< Message edited by Sharon -- 8/18/2004 4:02:43 PM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: War of the Worlds movie - Aug 19, 2004 01:11
Damn they going all out wiht this as they plan on using the biggest movie budget ever! Passing the $198 million record set with Titanic.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll