Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 14:15
There' s this company that upgrades game consoles.

Check it out.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/24/2004 2:18:58 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 14:27
Sorry, I' ve never had THAT much to do where 10-20 seconds of loading time is a major annoyance.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 14:34
I don' t even know if talk of modified systems is even allowed here.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 14:42
I would think that discussing modified consoles would be fine as long as it' s in regards to playing imports or whatnot(legit games)...

Now if it were discussing and promoting piracy then it would be that person' s @$$ ;)
DaRoosh65

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 15:03
No one is talking about piracy here...the upgrades allow quicker load times and a larger harddrive.

As for having the new capability to play import games on disc-based systems, that has been around since the Sega Saturn. It wasn' t illegal then, and there are no regulations against it now.

The post was simply to let members see (and read) that a company offers upgraded versions of the more popular console systems.

It is not illegal to purchase a modified console...

It is sure to void the warranty, but it is not illegal.

lotusson, you having a bad day, or something?

This is the second topic that I have posted where you were the ' nay-sayer' .

Anything I, or anyone else, can do to help?

Remember, we' re all friends here...
lotusson

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 15:25
Even though we are not discussing how to modify systems, we are discussing where to buy modified systems from. And modifying the insides of the X-Box is still a no-no in MS' s eyes, and I didn' t know if that could get Kikizo in trouble or not. Hence why I said " I don' t even know if talk of modified systems is even allowed here." But I said nothing about priacy or that the link gives details on how to pirate games.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 15:32

As for having the new capability to play import games on disc-based systems, that has been around since the Sega Saturn. It wasn' t illegal then, and there are no regulations against it now.

Actually you can go back further than that :)... The Sega CD/Mega CD and the Turbo Duo...
Makes me wish for the days of the Turbografx-16 CD-rom when one could play both U.S. and first-gen import CD games right out of the box with no extra requirements.

I' m a huge advocate of importing games, my import collection totally dominates my U.S. game collection with every console I have dating back to the PCEngine/Turbo Duo.
lotusson

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 15:32

lotusson, you having a bad day, or something?

Um... but you' re other topic was misleading. Your first sentence stats that if this story is true you will have to pay for online play. Which is not true at all. I merely corrected the information.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 15:41
ummmm... why would I want a faster processor in my Xbox? What games are designed to take advantage of it. The original Xbox already has S-video and 5.1 sound for about $10 to $15.

Is this similar to the HD Loader for the PS2?

Oooops! It can' t play Quicktime .MOV files. What a piece of crap! Actually one of my friends has his Xbox modded like this (new dashboard) but it has the original processor (no need to change it). He basically uses it as a DVR and streams audio and video files from his computer over the ethernet. Kinda cool, but I like my consoles to do what they were intended to do. I don' t even like using my consoles to play CDs or DVDs. They don' t do a great job of anything except videogames.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8/24/2004 3:47:23 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 16:51
lotusson,

What was actually said in my other post was:

Well, if this story is found to be true, you could be paying to play Halo 2 online...

Halo 2

Appears this story is on more than one website...

Additional Halo 2 Story.

I did not refer to any specific mode of gameplay. I also included the word ' could' not the words ' will be' to indicate the possibility of future charges to Halo 2 players.

See posts are worded to catch readers' eyes...then, they read the on and even click on the provided links. That' s how this works...this forum thing, that is...

As for references to piracy and such, I was actually responding to someone else' s remarks - my apologies if you thought those comments were directed at you.
lotusson

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 17:38

I did not refer to any specific mode of gameplay.

But I think you still could have stated what mode of play the article was referring to. By not stating that the online fee is for tournaments only it is assumed you’re talking about online play in general.

I also included the word ' could' not the words ' will be' to indicate the possibility of future charges to Halo 2 players. See posts are worded to catch readers' eyes...then, they read the on and even click on the provided links.

That’s how it should work, in theory. But if you visit more of the larger videogame forums out there you’ll see people with some pretty blatant comprehension problems.

A lot of people won’t click the link but plaster it across three other forums complaining that now Halo 2 will have monthly fees or something.

Some of the *ahem* younger crowds almost have to be told what is a rumor and what isn’t. I have one friend who told me a few weeks ago that it’s a signed deal that Nintendo and MS are making their next system together (and he’s over 20 )

So forgive me if I jumped too early to stop any misconceptions before they started.
DaRoosh65

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 24, 2004 19:14
I have much respect for you, lotusson.

You were the only one who brought this to my attention....and challenged my post title.

You' re right...the young ' uns will believe just about any written word as that from GOD!

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 25, 2004 00:08
Hey wait what counts as a youngen?
lotusson

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 25, 2004 13:45

I have much respect for you, lotusson.

You were the only one who brought this to my attention....and challenged my post title.

You' re right...the young ' uns will believe just about any written word as that from GOD!

Yeah, don' t let the dry nature of my post fool you, I' m not trying to be a prick or anything. It just sounds that way after many years of comic book debating.
DaRoosh65

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 25, 2004 13:47
Mass X,

Someone too young to have owned any of the following game consoles when they were first introduced to the public, or someone born after these systems were no longer considered to be ' state-of-the-art' .

Pong
Atari 2600, 5200, 7800
NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
Intellivision
Colecovision
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis

Which came first, you or the game systems mentioned?

I was there before Pong came out as a home console...I guess that' s telling my age...sort of...

Another interpretation of the phrase young ' un might be:

If others have been videogamers longer than you' ve been alive...that would make you a young ' un.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/25/2004 1:47:59 PM >
lotusson

RE: Want A Super-Fast GameCube, Playstation 2, or XBOX? - Aug 25, 2004 13:53

Hey wait what counts as a youngen?

You.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages