Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WWE Wrestlemania 21 info
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
WWE Wrestlemania 21 info - Nov 26, 2004 20:27
I don' t know if anyone here is a fan of wrestling but I thought I' d throw a link out there on some information regarding the next X-Box WWE title. Developing duties have been stripped from Anchor and given to Studio Gigante who you may remember were responsible for Tao Feng.

The yardstick for a decent wrestling game has been extended year after year by Yukes responsible for the PS2 Smackdown series. This year though Yukes have come up blank not really offering much of a different experience from last years Here Comes The Pain which itself received a massive overhaul of control and submission system.

Studio Gigante if they get things right here could capitalise on the sleeping Yukes with a decent alternative to the Smackdown series. From the screenshots I have to admit it' s looking good. If it plays at the frustratingly sloth-like speed of Raw 2 however all the spit and polish in the world won' t save it from being another failed attempt.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: WWE Wrestlemania 21 info - Nov 26, 2004 22:54
ya I havent played a good wrestling game since No Mercy on N64. The latest Wrestlemania game on Gamecube was pretty fun in its very arcade way. I really hope this is a good wrestler cuz Id really love to have one on my xbox. One thing Raw did have tho was good customization for the wrestlers.

Wrestlemania will definaly have an advantage since its online and being able to bitch som1 out while elbow dropping from a ladder onto a prone oppenant laying on a table just adds more fun itd seem.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: WWE Wrestlemania 21 info - Nov 27, 2004 20:45
i have never played the XBOX wrestling game but i love the ps2 SMACKDOWN games
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: WWE Wrestlemania 21 info - Nov 28, 2004 15:25
The Raw games for X-Box in the past have tried to be more of a simulation style experience as opposed to Smackdown' s rather arcade experience. It was a good idea just executed poorly in the first and while refined in the second it still lacked the content of a Smackdown game (though a much huger roster). I' m hoping a new studio will add more matches and improve the season mode and make a better simulation style grappler.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll