Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Van Helsing
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Van Helsing - May 08, 2004 12:54
Anyone see it? I thought it was pretty good. The story line was decent and it had some cool action scenes. There were some pretty corny things about the movie(when you see Dracula' s wives you' ll know what I mean. They are f*cked up in the head), but it didn' t take much away from the movie. Good stuff overall.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Van Helsing - May 08, 2004 14:12
Overall, pretty average, boring story, and repetitive action. Some cool scenes here and there, but other than that I didn' t like the movie that much, it seemed like a James Bond, but set in Medeval times.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Van Helsing - May 08, 2004 19:11
I' ve heard they strayed from the original character a lot, that is mildly disappointing, but I will still see it anyway (Hugh Jackman.... ahhhhhhh).
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Van Helsing - May 09, 2004 23:48
Jackman gave another good performance. I liked the movie but I felt that the beginning and ending were the strongest parts of the movie. If they make a sequel I hope they just make it all out action as I think that would have worked better.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!

So for those of you who have watched the movie I have to ask you this question...Is Van Helsing a fallen angel? That reference about the left hand of god got me thinking, and Dracula constantly calling him Gabriel.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Van Helsing - May 10, 2004 01:01
::As I try to avoid that spoiler above:: neways, Im very hesitant on seeing it still. For som reason it looks a lil corny. the SFX dont look amazing the least bit, and the fact that I too have heard it strayed form the origional character of Van Helsing. But I do think Jackman is a dman good actor. Ill flip a coin and see what happens.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Van Helsing - May 10, 2004 02:03
I thought the effects were really well done. I like how the monsters were almost taken from a comic book in appearence. It' s probably some of the best work out there right now, special effects work. The whole human to vampire transition was cool, as well as the human to werewolf.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Van Helsing - May 10, 2004 02:53
hmm guess the commercials can be a lil deceiveing. well then thats reassuring that adds another point to go and see it then.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Van Helsing - May 10, 2004 20:14
It seemed like a random story where this guy just went around killing, kinda confusing plot though. Well it was the 10:30 show, and I fell asleep for the last 45 min, so I guess thats why it was so confusing.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Van Helsing - May 11, 2004 17:46
this isnt even a movie that i want to see in the theater for the effects, i prefer to watch this one on dvd.....not enough draw, especially since i havent read one good review about it...
Preacher

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Van Helsing - May 27, 2004 01:33
Van Helsing is the movie equivalent of Chinese water torture: each drop (minute) becomes harder to endure. Sure, you might say it' s knowingly vacuous and mindless, but you nevertheless feel like they missed an opportunity here. That and it' s clearly a rip-off of Vampire Hunter D.

RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Van Helsing - May 27, 2004 01:37
I want to see it but heard it was really bad
I have access to the London Assignment so I will have to get around to checking that out to
Smiaras

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Van Helsing - Jun 03, 2004 20:18
Twas absolutely terrible, overreliance on CGI which robs it of any atmosphere, monsters act like they' ve come straight from Jenny Jones and Jackman even resorts to fart acting.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll