Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ubisoft Says: 3 years = 3 new IPs
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Ubisoft Says: 3 years = 3 new IPs - Feb 14, 2007 23:36
Link

Speaking in an interview conducted at the DICE Summit last week, Cohen described new IP as the " cornerstone" of Ubisoft' s strategy, adding, " In fact, I think we' re at three new IPs every three years? That?s sort of our target."

As Cohen observed, Ubisoft' s intellectual property portfolio currently includes Rayman and Red Steel, plus forthcoming title Assassin' s Creed. " So every year, you?re going to be seeing something that?s going to be brought out by Ubisoft.

Cohen said that companies which rely on licensed properties over new IP can end up with difficult problems to overcome.

" For example, look at SEGA 2K Sports," he offered. " They had the NFL license, and now they don?t. Boy, they?re kind of screwed... That' s a big hole in somebody' s business plan. All because the license ran out or the licensor took it back.

" You can?t take Rayman away from me, or Red Steel, Assassin' s away from us. And we think that?s what it?s going to take to continue to succeed," Cohen concluded.

Good plan, but I' m wondering if It' ll stick.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Ubisoft Says: 3 years = 3 new IPs - Feb 15, 2007 10:19
The fact that they' ve got a constant cash cow in the Tom Clancy license gives them the stability necessary to run the risk of developing new IPs. They could probably sell at least 500,000 copies of Tom Clancy' s Shopping List Manager.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ubisoft Says: 3 years = 3 new IPs - Feb 15, 2007 11:00

It' s almost midnight, & I' m bored! You can' t say that kinda' crap Zoy!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll