Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tiger Woods Golf Preview/Developer Interview
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Tiger Woods Golf Preview/Developer Interview - Aug 18, 2004 14:59
I like the addition of the legends like Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus. The game looks even better than 2004 version...way to go EA!

Follow the link for more...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/tigerwoodspgatour2005/preview_6105115.aspx
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Tiger Woods Golf Preview/Developer Interview - Aug 18, 2004 15:44
This is a bit off-topic, but I would like to throw this out there for golf fans:

The Hot Shots series has long been overlooked and underrated. It has been dismissed as a " cartoony and arcadey" golf game for the casual gamer. However, after experiencing just about every golf game out there, I can say this without any exaggeration: Hot Shots Golf 3 was one of the most realistic golf games ever made.

Underneath the " cartoony" exterior, there was an extraordinarily deep golf game that had you think about everything a Tiger Woods or Links game would have you consider. You have to consider the major stuff like club selection, wind, height, the lie of the ball, etc., but you also had to remember the minor stuff like player position, potential kinds of spin on the ball, the position of the pin in relation to the slope of the green, percentages based on heavy rough or fairway, etc. And the game played out beautifully, utilizing the imbed physics and realism in the most optimal way.

Hot Shots Golf: Fore! gets released today, and if you check over at IGN, their review for the game is an 8.8, with the reader score up to 9.6. Whatever you do, DON' T underestimate the depth and quality of these games, especially if you' re a golf fan.

Just wanted to say my piece.

< Message edited by fathoms -- 8/18/2004 3:45:10 PM >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Tiger Woods Golf Preview/Developer Interview - Aug 18, 2004 16:13
I love the Hot Shots games. I' ve been waiting for Hot Shots Fore to come out - yippee!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll