Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The very busy Jude Law
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The very busy Jude Law - Nov 03, 2004 21:49
Movies for 2004:

• Alfie (November 5, 2004)
A womanizing British playboy in New York City finds that there are serious consequences to his carefree lifestyle.

• The Aviator (December 17, 2004)
" The Aviator," directed by Martin Scorsese and written by John Logan, tells the story of aviation pioneer Howard Hughes, the eccentric billionaire industrialist and Hollywood film mogul, famous for romancing some of the world' s most beautiful women. The drama recounts the years of his life from the late 1920s through the 1940s, an epoch when Hughes was directing and producing Hollywood movies and test flying innovative aircrafts he designed and created.

• Closer (December 12, 2004)
An story of passion, drama, love, and abandonment involving two couples, which only gets more complicated when the man from the first couple gets acquainted with the woman from the second coupling.

• I Heart Huckabees (October 1, 2004)
This ensemble comedy is about a married couple, the Jaffes, who work as detectives, helping people solve existential crises in their lives. For those not familiar with the philosophy-based term of " existential crisis" , some examples of such a crises would be a " mid-life crisis" , a " what am I doing with my life?" sort of hang up, " my life has been a mistake" , " my whole life is a joke" , etc. Their first client in this movie is Albert Markovski, who is experiencing angst because of his position at Huckabee' s, a popular chain of retail stores. Investigating his workplace, the Jaffes take on one of Albert' s coworkers, Brad Stand as a client as well, which leads them to investigate his girlfriend, Dawn Campbell, who is the spokesmodel in the Huckabees TV commercials. Meanwhile, Albert teams up with an existential firefighter and a French radical) out of frustration with the idea that the Jaffes are helping the very man who seems to be part of Albert' s existential crisis.

• Lemony Snicket' s A Series of Unfortunate Events (December 17, 2004)
This is the story of the Bauedelaires, three young orphans, Violet, Klaus and Sunny, looking for a new home, who are taken in by a series of odd relatives and other people, including Lemony Snicket, who narrates the film, and starting with the cunning and dastardly Count Olaf, who hopes to snatch their inheritance from them. Violet is the oldest of the Baudelaires at 14, and is their brave and fast-thinking leader. The only boy is middle child Klaus, 12, who is intensely intelligent and obsessed with words. The youngest is infant Sunny, who speaks in a language only her siblings can understand, and she has a tendency to... bite.

• Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Sept. 17, 2004)
Famous scientists around the world have mysteriously disappeared and Chronicle reporter Polly Perkins along with ace aviator Sky Captain are on the investigation. Risking their lives as they travel to exotic places around world, can the fearless duo stop Dr. Totenkopf, the evil mastermind behind a plot to destroy the earth? Aided by Franky Cook, commander of an all-female amphibious squadron, and technical genius Dex, Polly and Sky Captain may be our planet’s only hope.

------------------------------------------------------
He says it was mostly a coincedence that all the movies had released so close together. Altho he' s been done filming for all the movies since March and won' t be back to work until December.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/3/2004 9:50:40 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The very busy Jude Law - Nov 05, 2004 04:25
I like the guy. I like his looks, I like his movies, I like his style. Some of these even sound like they have potential. I am usually up for a good girly movie.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll