Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Aug 29, 2004 19:42
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys n girls, children of all ages, I give you Sega-AM2' s Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation! Or as it will be called in the U.S. and Europe-- VIRTUA QUEST...

This game surpassed all of my expectations and the music just refused to stop friggin ROCKING!! The remixed Virtua Fighter themes and the original music were total joy..
I have NEVER EVER in my life encountered a game where every theme was great.

I think the president of Sega told whoever the composer was that if the game didn' t have non-stop musical greatness it was his/her A$$!!! And he/she bought it! Sega needs to threaten their composers more often!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8/29/2004 7:43:30 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Aug 29, 2004 20:49
I' ll hear it when I believe it.

Errr... yeah.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Aug 30, 2004 01:30
There have been few games where most of the music was perfect, but none have ever accomplished this feat...not Halo...not Mortal Kombat...not any game released to date!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/30/2004 1:34:48 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Aug 30, 2004 03:39
Mortal Kombat didn' t have any good music.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 08, 2004 00:39
What about Koji kondo' s music? Super Mario bros. 3. I think every song in that game is by far the greatest video game music track of all time.
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 9/8/2004 12:40:40 AM >
ultimaknight

• Total Posts : 33
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 08, 2004 12:26
id say that all the really old rpg' s for snes had really good music. the ones like final fantasy and chrono trigger, etc. were awesome just b/c of their music. i dont really think any game has perfect music. its just how your taste in music is to what you think perfect music games are.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 08, 2004 19:03
I think most Megarive and Snes music was good just because you couldn' t really make out instruments. Now with CD' s music is music and more companies than not don' t spend enough money on it. Games with licensed music seem the way forwards but with this you are alienating a large number of people who might not like the type of music in your game. At least if it' s generic but decent you don' t have people actively hating it, just ignoring it.
ultimaknight

RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 09, 2004 13:36
Yea thats true, when i play i really dont pay attention to the music b/c im focused on the game. But if its an rpg ill take the time to listen b/c i have to run halfway around the world to get something on the game. But some games just have music that i cannot stand so its sometimes a good thing not to go too deep into music in a game.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 09, 2004 14:13
EWWW!! Licensed music is a MAJOR step backwards!!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 09, 2004 14:19
I' ve never played a game that had " all good music."

The closest ones I can think of are:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario All-Stars
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 10, 2004 06:36
you all are wrong. i remember rocking out to mario 3. mario for that matter. damn old school zelda had rockin tunes. you need an old skool (with a K) nintendo slap.
ultimaknight

RE: The first game in the history of video games to have ALL good music! - Sep 10, 2004 11:00
well i doesnt really matter b/c all zelda and final fantasy games had great music to me. if i had to choose the best i couldnt do it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll