Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Wii uses friend codes
He

• Total Posts : 292
The Wii uses friend codes - May 12, 2006 04:41
He

RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 14, 2006 23:50
Huh, no responses at all? Did you not look at the link? Or did you already know? I personally can' t believe that they' re going to use the same system for Wii as the DS. I hated having to enter in Friend Codes, especially for each individual game. Any comments at all? Hello?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 01:00
That sucks, but i dont think people are buying the wii for its online play.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 01:41
Online Metroid Prime 3 will be cool, but i think Nintendo' s online service will be popular for games where you can play through a solo campaign in co-op.

I need to know if Super Mario Galaxy' s 4 player modes are going to be playable online.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 01:45
I want Red Steele to have online multiplayer.
Was it just me or did the guys from Ubisoft have a french accent when demonstrating the Red Steele demo ?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 May 06 17:46:11 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 03:04
Haven' t seen the demo but RS was made by Ubi Paris wasn' t it?

As for the friend codes, what were they like IP address or something? I never had a DS..

I quite like the idea of online Wii, waving remotes on opposite sides of the globe, heh. You could have a proper light sabre fight with someone!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 14 May 06 19:08:42 >
He

RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 03:49
Friend codes are series of numbers that you enter into a game on your DS in order to add a player to your friends list on that game. Having a player as a friend in a game opens some features for that game, mainly being able to search for that person to compete against online. In Metroid Hunters you could voicechat with people who were registered as your friends.

What makes it rather annoying is that it' s very hard to get someone' s friend code. You can' t just get it from a person after playing a match with them. The person has to tell you their friend code, they can' t send it. For games with no communication feature whatsoever (like MarioKart DS) it was pretty much impossible to get codes except online. What' s more, is for each different game, you have to reenter the codes, they don' t transfer from game to game. This always annoyed me.

If they have a decent chat feature, it wouldn' t be as much of a problem. Also, I' d like if the friend code was based on the console instead of the game, or at least make them easier to transfer between games. Refilling a list from scratch each time you get a new game is excruciating.

You don' t think that people will want to go online? Some of the games I' m looking forward to mainly because of the online mode (Smash Bros., Red Steel, MP3, etc.).
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 06:39
they never sid they wherent going to improve the friend code system. Heres hoping.
SABREWOLF581

• Total Posts : 92
RE: The Wii uses friend codes - May 15, 2006 07:23
i hear ya................
but a friend of me inside nintendo of greece (nortec)
told me that wait until wii arrives and wait until nintendo
told you about ds-wii connectivity that will help you ........................
i cant tell you more sorry for that

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message