Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Punisher
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
The Punisher - Apr 10, 2004 16:44
This movie is coming out in a couple days. Anyone excited to this?
I' m looking forward to it, never really read any of the punisher comics but I' m a fan of all comics to movies.
Was a little leary when I heard that John Travolta was the bad guy but I' m sure he wouldn' t do a bad job of it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Punisher - Apr 10, 2004 18:20
I don' t care about the Punisher character BUT I do like the actor portraying him. HE also played in one of my favorite shark movies- DEEP BLUE SEA. So I' ll check out the Punisher movie soon!
RavenShadow

RE: The Punisher - Apr 10, 2004 18:28
He also played the main character in The Core
That movie wasn' t that bad either
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Punisher - Apr 10, 2004 19:02
I loved The Core. I own the movie..

I like any movie that' s about the potential end of the world - WELL ALMOST any movie. I hated Water World, lol.
RavenShadow

RE: The Punisher - Apr 10, 2004 19:08
Water world was great.......... no it wasn' t haha
Yea the core was good. I watched it with a buddy of mine who is working on a degree in Geology and said that the scientific stuff was actually pretty accurate
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Punisher - Apr 11, 2004 03:42
The dude playing punisher sort of annoyed me in deep blue sea, he seemed to overplay the part IMO. Howver inthe punisher he looks to fit it perty well but one lil negative i have about the movie is if its gonna be dark enough. The punisher was apretty dark guy damn near on the verge of a serial killer. Either way it looks pretty good.

The game however seems to go directly with the comic and looks pretty sinister. In one scene from the game, the punisher sticks a guys face in a fish tank feeled with pirrahnas (in real time!) then pulled it out to reveal nothin but some flesh and skull... I huess i can understand why they would tone it donw jus a lil for the movie heheh.

Im upped for both and cant wait
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: The Punisher - Apr 11, 2004 12:21
Geez. thats crazy! I think the Punisher will be pretty good, I think it will either be really good or really bad (IMO).
RavenShadow

RE: The Punisher - Apr 12, 2004 02:26
That' s pretty well most comic book movies go.
Most people either love it or hate it.
I haven' t talked to too many people that are in the middle.
I suppose that' s what happens when you put out movies that people already know the story and go to the movie seeing if they did the comics justice.
The Legend of Will Federman

• Total Posts : 12
RE: The Punisher - Apr 12, 2004 21:55
Ugh. This movie looks no better than the mediocre Dolph version.

I like The Punisher. It was one of the better books Marvel put out up until last year. Frank Castle is a great character.

And this movie looks to throw it all away. First, it' s set in Miami. Miami, of all places! This movie needs New York and while some have praised its " refreshing" scenery change, Miami doesn' t strike me as the capital of corruption.

Also, Frank Castle doesn' t care about people. Never has. He doesn' t protect nerds getting their asses kicked or have awkward moments filled with sexual tension with attractive beauties. He just has tasks that he will fulfill until everyone is dead.

And why anyone would want to see this revenge flick when there' s a better one (by light years!) that looks to be more satisfying and has more substance, being released as well this weekend, is beyond me.
RavenShadow

RE: The Punisher - Apr 28, 2004 03:55
Saw this tonight and thought it was pretty good.
Expecting a big climactic ending it was kinda meh
I liked it though
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The Punisher - May 04, 2004 18:27
Legend of Will: Umm...just so you know, Miami continually has one of the highest, if not THE highest violent crime rate in the country. Certainly higher than New York. It' s a freakin' pit down there.

And the on-going joke for the past decade or so is just how corrupt that city has become. So I' d say the setting works pretty well, although I' ve never read the comic.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 5/4/2004 6:28:12 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message