Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Outfit Demo ready for Download
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 02:34
Was supposed to come out friday, but MS held out for a bit. Anyways a 8 player online demo is available for download on the Marketplace. Its a bit of a long wait at the moment with it being fresh on the market, but this evening maybe the d/l speed should increase.

See a few you on the Outfit demo before GRAW comes out, maybe?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Mar 06 18:50:08 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 03:25
Good to know, but I' m more interested in the GRAW demo even though the release is this week.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 04:07
D/ling now. (24% of 440mb) Like others, I' m more excited about GRAW than The Outfit, but I' ll quite happily try the demo for free! Massacre20xx was it?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 04:59
DL the demo,was like 7/10...
My friend said 5/10...the graphic is kind of xbox-ish...and demands 60 hz tv,wich we ofc had ;)
And well...it look very xboxish,the idea of having soldiers with you+ calling for airsupport with veichjlies/trops reinforcment and airstrikes was great,but...the whole feeling when you play is so-so...
My friend who gaved it 5/10 and wanted this much more then GRAW/OB and he gaved it 5/10,thats says a lot ;)
Mass X

RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 11:16
The demo presents the game as mediocre at best. Its fun when yer online playing with a buncha people you know. But the controls are a bit sluggish and the fully destructible enviroment did what I really didnt want to see it do, which is dissappear after being wrecked.

Graphics: 5/10 - nothing special at all really.
Gameplay: 7/10 - fun chaotic but lacking in some areas.
Sound: 4/10 - Meh I have a bad setup anyways.
Controls:6/10 - They shouldve just copied Mercenaries. Then the controls wouldve been easy and more responcive.

Overall: 6/10 - Nothing more then a rental IMO. Still this was just a demo so who knows.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 13:23
I think you guys underrate the graphics. They aren' t the best 360 graphics but they are still pretty and the framerate is really smooth.
Mass X

RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 14:18
No I was just really really hoping there would be debris laying scattered all around becoming on obstacle as well, like in Flatout. When the buildings crumbled I was expecting a little more then just a puff of smoke and then a pre-made crater.

If the enviroment became as much a hazard as the vehicles and weopons then it wouldve been so much better. Allowing access to the buildings too wouldve helped.

Put those elements together and you got a chaotic aracady war game with plenty of subtle depth to it.

Example:
A tank rolls up on a tower housing the enemy and a sniper watching out up top. The tank unloads on the place bringing the sniper post down and crushing those inside. Those whove survived or backup who shortly arrive can then hide in the ruins and fight on in an entirely new enviroment.

But for that to happen:
1. the buildings need to be accessible
2. the debris must remain

Wouldve added so much more to the game. Nonetheless its still fun.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7 Mar 06 6:19:21 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 18:28
Still waiting to get my internet access in my house, so i havent been able to try it yet. But im more into GRAW aswell, i just dont know how to afford it right now. I think ill prioretize Oblivion though, since it has loads of game hours in it!
QuezcatoL

RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 18:31
Hmm...
GRAW/OB is a must this month,however if you cant afford both,and dont have internet,i would say go OB.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 18:37
Hey grats on making VIP Quezcatol ;) (why did you go for a Aztec name?)

yeah i dont think i can afford both, i tried changing my " prize" here from Kikizo from quake 4 to Oblivion, but adam hasnt gotten back to me on it, i foudnt someone willing to tried Condemned to Quake 4, so since im in a shortage of money, ill do that if im gettting OB instead of Q4. Regarding GRAW, maybe i can pull some tricks for cash, but they better be good since " Cathy" will be watching my back, since we have to save money now. Which is quite understandable since im jobless, i just need to figure out who ows me money:P
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 20:40
I found the game to be quite lacking. Lacking in controls, sound, fun, graphics, level design... I don' t know really what I thought of it. It wasn' t horrible but it definately isn' t something I' m gonna for over $60 for. Meh... like everyone else mentioned. GRAW and Oblivion are coming.
QuezcatoL

RE: The Outfit Demo ready for Download - Mar 07, 2006 22:55

Hey grats on making VIP Quezcatol ;) (why did you go for a Aztec name?)

I was like 13-14 if i remember right when ff8 came,and i took the GF name " QUEZACOTL" ;) i needed some acc for Starcraft,and just took it a fter playing some ff8.
Didn' t know at the time it was a aztec god... :O

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message