Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The New World
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The New World - Nov 03, 2004 21:39
Inspired by the legend of John Smith and Pocahontas, acclaimed filmmaker Terrence Malick transforms this classic story into a sweeping exploration of love, loss and discovery, both a celebration and an elegy of the America that was...and the America that was yet to come. Against a historically accurate Virginia backdrop, Malick has set a dramatized tale of two strong-willed characters-a passionate and noble young native woman and an ambitious soldier of fortune-torn between the undeniable requirements of their civic duty and the inescapable demands of the human heart.

Genre: Drama

Release Date: Fall, 2005.

Distributor: New Line Cinema

Cast: Colin Farrell, Christian Bale, Q' Orianka Kilcher, Michael Greyeyes, Ben Mendelsohn

Director: Terrence Malick
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/3/2004 9:39:41 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: The New World - Nov 04, 2004 22:51
I wouldn' t mind seeing the historically accurate version of this legend. The one where Pocahonta' s is kidnapped and taken to Europe against her will. Anyways...Not really my type of movie.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The New World - Nov 05, 2004 04:28
Sounds like something I will inevitably see, maybe not in theatres but I will probably see it. My sister will watch it just to drool over Christian Bale.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll