Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The League of Extraordinary Gentleman
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
The League of Extraordinary Gentleman - Jul 12, 2003 06:46
I just got back from seeing it, but I' m too tired to talk about it (I should really stop going to movies so late).

I will say that I disliked most of the dialogue, the plot wasn' t very interesting, and the characters weren' t very developed. However, they did have cool personalities, they were just type casted as those personalities and never evolved. It' s worth seeing, but don' t expect it to wow your eyes with endless excitement. It' s a movie that can' t stand alone on it' s own, but if you know more about the history of the series you' re probably going to enjoy it more.

This movie would get like 2 1/2 stars from me.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: The League of Extraordinary Gentleman - Jul 12, 2003 21:13
Here' s one I still don' t get. What' s up with the Immortal Guy?

Okay, I realized if he looked at his picture he would die -- but he keeps it right in the middle of his friggin staircase where everyone can see it. And don' t tell me he doesn' t use those stairs. Remember the flashback scene where it shows the picture is missing. He' s standing right next to the missing frame with a shocked look on his face. If he didn' t look at the picture, how would he know it was missing?

" Well maybe one of the soldiers took it during the attack?" Again, the attack came AFTER he lead the league passed those staircases. Even IF the painting was stolen before hand, he still knew the picture was up there and he would have " thought" he was leading the league passed it.

And lets not forget he was freakin' rich as well! Even if he couldn' t physically move it, he could have at least paid someone to wrap it up and ship it somewhere very secure to guarantee no one would see it again.

Okay, big deal I guess. But then at the end where he dies -- ASSHOLE! Close your eyes! The vampire chick picks up the painting and blatantly tells the man she' s going to show it to him. Well, was their a clause in the contract that said you HAD to open your freakin eyes! It' s hard for me to suspend my disbelief when I know all it would have taken is a good squint for him to live.

. . .And that' s all the ranting I feel like doing.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: The League of Extraordinary Gentleman - Aug 22, 2003 04:06
Well it seems our reviewer Alex diddn' t think much of the film at all... check out his review, maybe he can anwser some of your questions in here as well.

https://movies.kikizo.com/reviews/cinema/lxg.asp

I' m certainly not going to watch this now, I though it looked crap in the trailer anyway.
shade

• Total Posts : 77
RE: The League of Extraordinary Gentleman - Oct 25, 2003 17:56
Another film i was sorely disappointed by ..

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll