Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 20, 2007 07:55
Oh really, I am so sorry I bow down to your greater gaming prowess.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 20, 2007 10:41
got to play with Eddie...he saw my bad gaming skills...but regardless I still have ass kickory footage form the matches prior proving my ability.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 20, 2007 21:58
Halo 3 is good craic but I don' t think its the best thing since sliced bread like alot of people do. I know its only the beta but still, give me Gears online any day.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 20, 2007 23:41

got to play with Eddie...he saw my bad gaming skills...but regardless I still have ass kickory footage form the matches prior proving my ability.

Yeah dude it was fun. Glad I finally got to play with you.

You mean what I know.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 00:56
I played with Mass yesterday. I sucked. He left, laughing probably, ...Quez came online an joined my game, i played better, we kicked muchos ass, we tried the video sharing thingy, i saw how badass Quez was compared to me, i left crying...

Snipers and people wielding the Spartan Laser are evil. The grenades and physics are as cool as ever though and plasma grenade + idiot on a mongoose = airs spinning kickass death!

It' s good, and there' s nowhere near the kind of aliasing seen in the screenshots, ...but i' d be lying if i said it was a massive jump over Halo 2. I fully expect UT3 and Huxley to take over my online gaming life, but for the rest of the beta i' ll try and brush up my skills.

Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 01:14
I will be on Tuesday night if anybody wants a game?
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 02:52
Expect HL2 pack' s: Team Fortress to totally take you by suprize!!!
Mass X

RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 03:30
The only thing I hate about Team Fortress 2 is that a single map will play only one type of game mode. And from what I read isn' t there only like 6 maps? Sure its free practically and all coming with the bundle, but I don' t think I' ll like that much. Hell it pissed people off in Saints Row
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 10:08
" Many of the 300,000 users that are currently playing the Halo 3 beta are skillful modders who over the last few days have been examining the beta' s code. They have found references to unannounced weapons, new vehicles and game types but probably their most precious finding is the fact that Halo 3 will support up to four players co-op on Xbox Live and System Link.

Scrolling through the list of on-screen text for party menus, one sentence revealed the following:

The game cannot start because all players are set to observer. Too many players for splitscreen. Only 2 players may play splitscreen coop on the same Xbox 360 console. The party size is too large to start the game. Up to 4 players may play coop on Xbox Live or System Link. Loading information from Xbox Live…

Weapons

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Beam Rifle
Brute Shot
Carbine
Excavator
Gravity Hammer
Flamethrower
Magnum
Missile Launcher
Needler
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Rifle
Fuel Rod Cannon
Rocket Launcher
Shotgun
SMG
Sniper Rifle
Spartan Laser
Spiker
Sword

Vehicles

Mongoose
Warthog
Hornet
Pelican
Scorpion
Ghost
Brute Chopper
Spectre
Shadow
Banshee
Phantom
Wraith

Game Types

Capture the Flag
Invade your opponent’s stronghold, heist their flag, and bring it back to your base to score.
Slayer
Kill as many of your opponents as you can. The player with the most points wins.
Oddball
Find the ball and hold on to it to earn time. The player with the most time wins.
King of the Hill
Gain control of the hill to earn time. Keep your opponents off and earn the most time to win.
Juggernaut
Work together to take down the Juggernaut. Beware, you kill the Juggernaut, you become the Juggernaut, and only the Juggernaut can win.
Territories
Find and control the territories on the map. The more territories you control, the faster you earn time.
Infection
Destroy the Flood or become infected. Score points for killing flood or big points for infecting a human. The player with the most points wins.
Assault
Da bomb!
V.I.P.
Protect the V.I.P. from dying at the hands of your opponents. If you are the V.I.P., you must stay alive or your opponents score a point.

Variations
Apparently, you' ll be able to share these with other users much in the same way you do with movies

Team Slayer
Team Swords
Team Rockets
Team Shotguns
Team Fiesta
Team Phantoms
Slayer Duel
Sword Duel
Rifle Duel
Rumble Slayer
Rumble Swords
Rumble Rockets
Rumble Shotguns
Oddball
Fiesta Ball
Team Ball King
Phantom King
Crazy King
Team Crazy King
Multi Flag CTF
CTF Wraiths
CTF Classic
Shotgun CTF
1 Flag CTF
1 Flag CTF Fast
Multi Bomb Assault
Rapid Assault
Neutral Bomb
Neut. Bomb Fast
3 Plots Land Grab

Then, a glitch in the beta allowed some users to access the custom games menu option, which revealed the following settings (you can see pictures of these settings here):
Damage resistance
Shield multiplier
Shield recharge rate
Immune to headshots
Grenade counts
Infinite ammo
Weapon pickup disabled
Player speed (25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, 110%, 125%, 150%, 200%, 300%)
Player gravity (50%, 100%, 200%)
Vehicle use (passenger only)
Motion tracker range (10m, 25m, 75m, 100m, 150m)
Appearance
Vis effects (black glow, team glow, white glow)
Active camo (good camo that might fool and elite, poor camo that might fool a grunt, invisible)
Indestructible vehicles (on, off)"

-Team Xbox http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13539/Halo-3-Beta-Code-Confirms-4-Player-CoOp-Over-Xbox-Live/
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 May 07 2:09:02 >
Mass X

RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 10:11
And heres how its done.

One other thing..heheh you guys remember when VF5 said this:

differential gravity levels.. Depending what map / world your playing, they would have differential gravity levels, the slowest being the default of this Beta.. the fastest / least would be more like quake speeds.. That would be a ground-breaking feature and make the gameplay even more varied and suited to different types of players..
i thought this was the kinda of thing these so called next generation machines were supposed to offer, over the last gen consoles ..

Maybe im thinking too far forward.

And then like that custome list came out and have a feature in which you can adjust gravity and speed?

Aw good times good times.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 21 May 07 2:14:49 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 12:40

*** off MB you total ***ing cock, I have been gaming for longer than you have been trying to grow hair one on your nutsack. It is ***ing annoying when twats (and I would take you as being one.) are jumping around for no reason.

Actually he was right. Only nubcakes jump around in halo, sure it was good for about a week... until people realized that all you have to do is aim the gun up and down. Same thing goes for people who crouch in upclose battle, it used to be good because people didnt expect it, but then they realized that melees to the head hurt worse than a regular melee

plasma grenade + idiot on a mongoose = airs spinning kickass death!

My favorite is dropping a trip mine 10 feet in front of you and just waiting for a mongoose to try to plow you and then they hit it and feel like a retard

I will be on Tuesday night if anybody wants a game?

I' ll probably be on every night this week

Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 21, 2007 17:17
So the weapon list is what we will see in the full game? If so, there is no mention of a sentinel beam, and as sentinels were primarily designed to control the Flood, does that mean we won' t be seeing the Flood in the single payer game and it will just be a straight fight between humans and covenant?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 22, 2007 06:24

So the weapon list is what we will see in the full game? If so, there is no mention of a sentinel beam, and as sentinels were primarily designed to control the Flood, does that mean we won' t be seeing the Flood in the single payer game and it will just be a straight fight between humans and covenant?

It probably just means that the sentinels will be back instead of having a sentinel beam, just like halo 1. I personally hated it. IMO the only thing it was good for was in backwash on MP with a plasma pistol.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 22, 2007 09:43

And heres how its done.

One other thing..heheh you guys remember when VF5 said this:
quote:

differential gravity levels.. Depending what map / world your playing, they would have differential gravity levels, the slowest being the default of this Beta.. the fastest / least would be more like quake speeds.. That would be a ground-breaking feature and make the gameplay even more varied and suited to different types of players..
i thought this was the kinda of thing these so called next generation machines were supposed to offer, over the last gen consoles ..

Maybe im thinking too far forward.

And then like that custome list came out and have a feature in which you can adjust gravity and speed?

Aw good times good times.

Hahaha Yeah..!
Mass X

RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 22, 2007 10:35
thing is is that just a debug list or are they actually gonna include all this?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 22, 2007 14:09
That stuff sounds great. With just a few months away, I would guess it has to be pretty well implemented by this point. Of course they had to know that all those lists would be found in short order.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 23, 2007 04:58
You can crouch fast again!
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 23, 2007 05:39
I' m loving the Beta and have been playing every day since it came out. It still feels very like Halo 2, but I havn;t played in ages and Halo2 is probably my favourite game, so it' s not a bad thing. I recon the graphics need upped a bit for final release, although Bungie have said the single player will look nicer.

It' s annoying you can' t join a lobby with friends who are in a game. Otherwise, the party system works very well and we regularly return to lobbies to pick up more players. We ended up with 9 in the room last night and played a couple of big team battles on Valhalla. A great laugh, although it suffered from lag.

Weapon descriptions etc have been covered well already, personally I hate being not too shabby at Slayer but rubbish with the sniper. I get popped all the time. The bubble shield isn' t the best for Slayer, but it' s really invaluable for territories/CTF and other scenario matches. I' d say the same for the Power drainer, it' s tricky to use effectively in Slayer matches but against the MVP you' re guaranteed a kill!

I' m going to be gutted when this goes offline, but for all the MP is cool, I really want Halo 3 so I can finish the fight!

Anyone played Tiz yet? I' m sure he kicked ass at Halo 2.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 23, 2007 06:56
I' m up for a game or two Duffman.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The Halo 3 Beta: My Impressions - May 23, 2007 07:10
H3 ist teh pwn. The weapons are actually balanced and take skill to use. It looks like bungie learned a lesson from Epic. Skill based multiplayer is fun!

I would say GoW is a more skill based game, but Halo 3 is very skill based as well, just a different type of game.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message