Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Television stations you think have gone downhill
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Television stations you think have gone downhill - Oct 25, 2003 17:37
Whether it be regular TV, digital cable, satellite, etc. What channels do you think suck hardcore, or just aren' t as good as they used to be?

I gotta go with the Discovery Channel.

It used to be such a cool channel to watch nifty science shows and learn stuff about the world. But now it seems as though all their cool shows have moved to one of the many channels they own on digital cable.

So now the basic Discovery Channel just sucks. The content is not varied enough and the shows it does have are dull IMO. Mon-Fri I swear it' s Cop Show, Forensic Show, Cop Show, Military Show, Monster Garage.

It' s gotten to the point where I' m disappointed every time I turn to the channel.

I would also like to give a shot out to the USA channel. Ever since they lost wrestling it hasn' t been the same. Then again, aside from wrestling I always thought USA sucked.

So what about you?

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Oct 25, 2003 19:24
Television as a whole has gone down hill. I can' t believe how sad it has gotten. Every channel has the same stupid stuff on it which is really getting annoying. The only channels I really watch are Cartoon Network, Fox, Discovery Channel, Fuse, Spike TV, and Comedy Central. I used to spend most of my day watching TV up until 4 years ago. Now I spend about... 8-10 hours a week watching TV. I remember when I used to be bored TV was the answer, now TV is just a big let down.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Oct 27, 2003 21:33
The Sci-fi Channel has really taken a dump since they cancelled their #1 show Farscape due to the high production cost.

Now they show crap like " Scare Tactics" and " Tremors: The Series" etc.. I used to watch Skiffy every day almost now I never do.

I agree television in general has been a let down as of late.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Jan 17, 2004 20:50
I hate reality shows so any chennel that shows reality shows sucks.Most of all I hate Fox because they canceled Familly Guy.But still have king of the hill crap.
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Mar 24, 2004 02:22
MTV! Isn' t there slogan " Where The Music' s At!" ? That' s funny, it should be " Where' s The Music At?" . I don' t remember the last time I saw a music video on that station.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Mar 24, 2004 04:28
I like the Discovery Channel...American Chopper is great.

Anyhoo, I really dislike all of the " women" channels. They have like a bazillion...Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Oxygen, etc, etc. You can only watch so many movies about a teen that gets pregnant by a carnie and must decide whether or not to have the baby or abort it, because a mysterious old lady told you that you were going to have the antichrist.
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Apr 04, 2004 17:01
MTV has gone way downhill. Theres hardly any music! Fox has gone downhill. I think ever sone they canceled dark angel it as gone downhill. Its just a bunch of crap these days, *cough, american idol, cough*
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: Television stations you think have gone downhill - Apr 04, 2004 17:04
Can you beleive that William Hung guy is actually famous? He even has a record deal! That' s just horrible.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll