Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 08:14
Just thought I' d let you all know

Carry on...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 08:56
I' m buying it as soon as it gets here but that' s not until 30th august. .
Have you played it? Is it good? IGN had a decent video review but you' re the ultimate PSP guy so you should know better than them.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Jul 06 0:57:01 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 12:14
Tekken sucks. arent u wondering why u only have 3 post? besides a PSP version? that makes it 3 times worse. lets wait on load times. what a game!
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 12:50

Tekken sucks. arent u wondering why u only have 3 post? besides a PSP version? that makes it 3 times worse. lets wait on load times. what a game!

OH MY GOD!! You SURE told me!!! What AM I going to do now????

I guess THIS makes 4 posts?
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 22 Jul 06 4:51:44 >
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 13:44
I' m not a fan of tekken either.
But i' m not going to bash someone elses opinion.

After all, i' m sure someone liked the ET game, and good for them.
ginjirou

RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 22, 2006 17:21
Tekken might not be able to stand against Virtua Fighter when it comes to depth and all that.
But in terms of simple fun, Tekken is more than enough to keep me happy, especially if it' s based on Tekken 5.
Why would a PSP version be any worse?
Anyway, check out IGN' s video review.
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/804/804380/vids_1.aspx
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 23, 2006 03:13
I' m NOT a traditional Tekken fan, in fact I absolutely HATED the entire series before Tekken 5 was released.. I can' t friggin stand Tekken 1 & 2, the characters and their movements just seemed too stiff, and the controls were never that great to me.. Tekken 3 was a slight improvement but not enough and I hated that one to..

Tekken Tag Tournament was one of two arcade games that I walked away from while in mid-game. The second game was Capcom' s JoJo' s Venture... I didn' t even wait for the first round to be over in Tekken Tag Tournament... Tekken 4 just felt like a disaster of epic proportions, felt like Namco got REALLY lazy with that one...

But Namco did something big with Tekken 5.. I don' t know what they did but they obviously went back to the drawing boards and retooled the Tekken engine in Tekken 5 cause for the first time I actually enjoyed playing the game. The action moves at a faster rate, moves are easier and more fun to pull off, and the graphics, animations, and sound design has been improved as well...

And with the PSP version of the arcade update, we get all that goodness for gaming on the go.

Even if I despise a series like I do the Gran Turismo series, I' ll always check out each new installment to see if there' s any reason for me to care about it, I' m not gonna just play and hate 1 or 2 games from the series and just automatically hate everything Gran Turismo. The new installments have to give me a reason to continue hating... The same goes for any other game... With Tekken, I was pleasantly surprised by Tekken 5 cause I gave it a chance instead of automatically writing it off just because it' s Tekken.

So technically I' m not even a Tekken fan, I' m a Tekken 5 fan
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 22 Jul 06 19:25:38 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 23, 2006 03:33
Tekken 2, 3 and 5 ruled, and i' d take Tekken over Soul Calibur' s shallow gameplay any day of the week.

Anybody who thinks Tekken lacks depth hasn' t been playing it right (in other words, you suck at it and can' t string air combos together to save your life)...

Tekken definately isn' t for everybody and Virtua Fighter has always been " better" , but there isn' t another 3D fighting game in their league (although i personally love the DoA series) and games like the Mortal Kombat series are laughably pathetic in comparison.

I' ve been waiting (like Terry) for Tekken to hit PSP since launch and now that DR is getting awesome reviews i' m a happy bunny!

It' s not out here until next month though and i' m going to Greece in 2 weeks, ...i could do with something new to play.

ginjirou

RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 23, 2006 05:06
The reason I didn' t like any of the Tekken games before Tekken 5 is because the characters felt so stiff and unresponsive. Thankfully, Tekken 5 just didn' t have those problems.
Soul Calibur is not deep but so very fun to play. It' s the only fighting game with weapons that' s been good so far.
Hmm, I remember a game called Battle Arena Toshinden...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 23, 2006 06:27
I bought Toshinden at launch. Then the 2nd when it came out. It was a while before i realised they were rubbish...

I' m not keen on the Soul Calibur games. The Dreamcast original (Calibur) was gorgeous and a breath of fresh air, but the 2nd and especially 3rd lacked much of what i was looking for. I bought and still own them, i just never play them.

Tekken: Tag Tournament and Tekken 4 were awful but Tekken 5 marked a return to how Tekken 3 played and added tons more depth to the combos, throws and reversal systems. Tekken seems weak on the surface but if you spend enough time with it and put the hours in to learn the moves and combos, a whole new game seems to open up.

I like Tekkens charactes too, ...i just HATE the Wiliams sisters!

Terry, how does Armour King play?!
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 23, 2006 14:33
Doesn' t stand a chance compared to this..

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Virtua_Fighter_Animation
< Message edited by whiteguysamurai -- 23 Jul 06 6:34:25 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 29, 2006 11:07

Terry, how does Armour King play?!

I completed his story mode, he seems to be a pretty cool character with some nice throws/grapple moves, which I like!!!

I need to practice a lot more with him to get a better understanding of all of his throws and stringing together combos!! Best portable 3D fighter yet!!!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 29, 2006 11:23
Im thinking of getting a PSP once a few more appealing titles appear, so far all I really want is Tekken and Valkyrie Profile. I hope they lower the price for the holidays and release a few more good games and I may get one.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 30, 2006 00:17
...Tekken 5 owns....

...Tekken is the most successful 3D fighter because of it' s equally good fighting system, characters and story....

...as much as i love anything Team Ninja, they could never compete when it comes to serious tactical gameplay... ...nevertheless, DOA comes close through having the best character designs, story, online play and endless fan-service...

..whilst the fighting engine is of course immensely important, it' s not the only reason for buying a fighter...

...it' s for these reasons that i have always never been particularly impressed with Virtual Fighter... ...in fact, i don' t think i have even bothered to play a VF game since i was a kid and had VF2...

...i always thought the characters were totally unoriginal, pi$$ poor versions of other better character designs...

..that' s why overall, i' ll always rate VF behind both Tekken and Dead or Alive...

....i am looking forward to VF4 though... ..that does look very impressive technologically...

...Soul Calibur isn' t even worth mentioning, due to it being rather crap...
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 30, 2006 13:03
I hate DOA, everything about it is garbage. The same people who play DOA are the ones who think DOA beach Volleyball is a great sports game. The game revolves around a bunch of bimbos, the combos are junk and the physics are abused so much it' s laughable.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 30, 2006 17:12
I prefer Dead Or Alive over Tekken myself. But Tekken is the only choice for a good fighter on PSP.

In order my favorite 3D fighting games:

1) Tie between Virtua Fighter and Dead Or Alive - Though when it comes to raw fighting no story no environments, no online play, just the plain fighting, VF is better. They both have issues with story, DOA' s endings are sometimes borderline retarded and VF doesnt have much of a story.
2) Soul Calibur - Very good fighting, the amount of extras they throw into these games is also mind boggling, I think this is one of the fighting games with the most replay value. The stories are also kind of cool.
3) Tekken - I don' t like the fighting in tekken as much as the other 3, but the story' s and endings are the best, I always get tekken games if anything just to go through every character' s ending, and people always want to play tekken so it' s good to have when you have friends over to play.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 30 Jul 06 9:14:54 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSP) ownz your a$$e$! - Jul 31, 2006 17:18
I loved Tekken 2 and 3 was the ultimate title in the series for me - after that it seems to me like the gameplay is low (even in T3 now)- it' s deep, but it' s not as cool as powerful blows in VF or DOA - you feel those hits while in tekken it' s just a touch with a nicely coloured cloud.

SC is so much fun to play - who cares if it' s deep?

Anyway Mark of the Wolves is better than all of them!! :)

*runs like crazy shooting behind his back*

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message