Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 19, 2004 01:03
114 levels from Super Monkey Ball

140 levels from Super Monkey Ball 2

46 Exclusive levels

12 Party leves from SMB 1&2

Several Multiplayer Games from 1&2
-Monkey Bowling
-Monkey Target
-Monkey Pool
-Monkey Golf
-Monkey Tennis
-Monkey Baseball
-Monkey Soccer
-Monkey Rowing
-Monkey Race.

Improved graphics, 4 difficulty levels, 4 characters to choose

Price? $29.99

I played the first one on the gamecube and can say it is easily addicitve, one of the many odd but great SEGA titles
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 19, 2004 01:12
Improved graphics? Where did you hear this? Super Monkeyball is the best game of this generation by far. This is fact and everyone in the world agrees, no exceptions. Obviously I will buy Deluxe, but it kind of takes the appeal away from the Gamecube where Monkeyball lived exclusively. Now F-Zero GX is the only reason to own a Gamecube (but what a reason that is!) Oh well, it will be nice to play Super Monkeyball 1 in 480p widescreen which was not available in the GC version (but it was in the sequel).
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 19, 2004 17:51
I have to admit that Super Monkey ball is a great game, but I' m taking objection to Joes remarks!! F-zero GX (an amazing game) is hardly the only reason to own a game cube. Metroid Prime(1 and 2) Eternal Darkness, Marion Kart, Mario Sunshine, Mario Party' s, Zelda, Pikmin(1 and 2) these are all fantastic games. I have a PS2 and a Gamecube, and I play my gamecube far more than the PS2. When it comes down to it, I find the gamecube games are just more fun. There are still some games I' ll only play for the PS2 as well (SSX, the controls were made for that system) but there' s many reasons to own a gamecube.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 19, 2004 20:26
yes i do agree with you all, and super monkey ball is a very good game [especially for that price] but to buy a gamecube just for 4-5 good games seems a little wastefull to me. Yes there are lots of good games for it but you could find most of those on other systems [monkey ball is a good example,resident evil 4 etc.] You could say that meroid prime 1+2 and all the other nintendo games [listed above] are very good but dont they get a little repetive? mario party 6 anyone? I am not dissing the gamecube, its a very good machine but the lack of range of games may not appel to certain people. I would buy one if i had the money though.
Joe Redifer

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 19, 2004 23:42

F-zero GX (an amazing game) is hardly the only reason to own a game cube.

Well Resident Evil 4 is coming out next month.

Metroid Prime(1 and 2) Eternal Darkness, Marion Kart, Mario Sunshine, Mario Party' s, Zelda, Pikmin(1 and 2) these are all fantastic games.

Boring and boring. Boring. Had it and took it back to where it was purchased for full refund if that tells you anything. Kind of fun for 5 minutes, I really hate the whole water backpack system. Mario Party is a pure evil game. I could not get into Zelda 64 and thus I couldn' t get into Cellda, and the game is mostly sailing anyway. I have Pikmin 1 but got bored with it.

I have a PS2 and a Gamecube, and I play my gamecube far more than the PS2.

Well right now I am playing more Gamecube than PS2 as well, but that' s because suddenly there are a lot of import titles sitting next to it that I am going through. But usually both systems collect the same amount of dust. Even my Xbox tends to collect dust compared to my older systems.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12/19/2004 11:47:43 PM >
mxpx182

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 20, 2004 15:07

Boring and boring. Boring. Had it and took it back to where it was purchased for full refund if that tells you anything. Kind of fun for 5 minutes, I really hate the whole water backpack system. Mario Party is a pure evil game. I could not get into Zelda 64 and thus I couldn' t get into Cellda, and the game is mostly sailing anyway. I have Pikmin 1 but got bored with it.

I understand, some of those games are pretty hard, so people give up on them quick and get bored with them. It' s all ok.

nudge nudge.
Joe Redifer

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 20, 2004 21:36
I forgot about Waverace! That' s another great game. I think the Gamecube is definitely worth owning. Hopefully it will see Super Monkeyball 3.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 21, 2004 00:04
Getting back to the subject of this thread...

114 levels from Super Monkey Ball

140 levels from Super Monkey Ball 2

46 Exclusive levels

12 Party leves from SMB 1&2

Several Multiplayer Games from 1&2
-Monkey Bowling
-Monkey Target
-Monkey Pool
-Monkey Golf
-Monkey Tennis
-Monkey Baseball
-Monkey Soccer
-Monkey Rowing
-Monkey Race.

Improved graphics, 4 difficulty levels, 4 characters to choose

Price? $29.99

I played the first one on the gamecube and can say it is easily addicitve, one of the many odd but great SEGA titles

That' s awesome news, Mass X!!!

I can' t wait to play the XBOX version...

You always find a way to make my day! Thank you!
mxpx182

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 21, 2004 13:01
The first four minigames are worth the price of this game alone.
Joe Redifer

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 21, 2004 22:46
I wonder if they' ll have both versions of Monkey Target?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 21, 2004 22:47
I' ll probably be picking this up for a nice Xbox party game. I remember many a game of Monkey Golf played on the Gamecube.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 26, 2004 08:48
Super Monkey Ball 3, as creator Nagoshi-san told me himself at E3 this year, is still definitely on its way. http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_av_interview_july04.asp

The latest word? Expect to see it in 2005.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 12/26/2004 8:49:23 AM >
Joe Redifer

RE: Super Monkeyball Deluxe for Xbox - Dec 26, 2004 15:58
Thank you Adam, you' ve made my upcoming year! Any word on what system it will appear on, or will it be Gamecube exclusive. I' m kind of hoping GC exclusive, but I won' t die if it' s not. With the release of Super Monkeyball Deluxe, I' m kind of thinking that it' ll be multi-platform. You tell Nagoshi that he has a rabid fan in me come March or April or whenever E3 is.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll