Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 16:14
These reports shows that Sony probably wont be able to deliver as promised, not nearly enough, only 3 millions for this fiscal year, which ends in March, no where near the reported 6 million.

IGN ladies and gentlemen

if you dont want to go to a new page, i quote (almost unaltered to make sony look worse)

PS3 in Trouble?
CNBC Financial reports possible problems with system manufacturing.
by Jeff Haynes
August 23, 2006 - PS3 consumers may want to try to reserve their pre-order a bit faster than previously thought, according to CNBC Financial News. In an earlier reported bombshell, CNBC Financial News reported that the stock of Sony fell 3.1% to 44.42 dollars a share based on the news from Mitsubishi UFJ that Sony might not be able to produce 6 million units of the forthcoming PS3 as previously reported at E3. According to the report from the company, Sony would not be able to meet its estimates for the fiscal year. Instead, Sony is projected by the group to produce about half, or 3 million units, of the next generation system.

While the information seemed to affect stock prices of the company itself, there was no independent verification of the potential lack of systems on store shelves from Sony itself as this story went to press. As many gamers are aware, the PS3 will launch in Japan on November 11th and in North America, Europe and Australasia on November 17th. We' ll have more on the story as it develops.

okay i didnt alter it! but i wanted to!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 16:52
there isn' t much you could alter here to make Sony look worse - this will be a serious problem for Sony and I love to hear about anything that makes them bleed :)
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 16:54
RUSH RUSH RUSH TO RESERVE YOURS NOW!!!!!!!!

Sony is very clever.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 16:58

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Sony is very clever.

I like the way your thinking heheh.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 17:06
Im afraid it wont be good newz how ever you put it! stocks dropping is very bad for buisness. saying there will be plenty is good enough, the amount sold wont change, it will sell out no matter the number!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 22:14
If people cant have it, they want it more.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 22:34

Sony is very clever.

No, the devil is very clever. they made a pact with the devil when the PS2 launched, because Sony said there were more than enough to go around, but you had to drive cross-country to find a store bold enough to even say they had one. 50% of all the launch night PS2' s are stored in the flaming depths of hell just waiting to be released into an unsuspecting world.

No seriously though, I confirmed with at least 6 different sales clerks from 6 different Eb/Gamestop' s that they' re only taking ps3/Wii pre-orders one week in October, so I' d be calling around then. It may be a little late for some people, but this is definately worth a shot. What I did was reserve both a ps3 and a Wii game, (doesn' t matter which title) then, when they can start taking pre-orders, they go down the list, call you, and see if you want to pre-order the Wii/PS3 as well. (that is, if you' re in the top 50, or whatever number of consoles they' re allocated) Granted, by now, the list probably exceeds the number of launch boxes they' re getting, but at least that way, some people have a chance to pre-order, and they can' t say they promised anyone a Wii, and then couldn' t deliver.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 24 Aug 06 14:36:47 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 24, 2006 22:44
Remember the Key word Krazy Kaz used was ' launch-window' . Lovely Bull$#!t PR talk - means the any period of time after launch day.

If people cant have it, they want it more.

Well thats one way to look at it. Heres another. Less units sold means it will lose significant ground to Wii (probably reach the 6million by March 2007) & 360 (well over 10 million in the same period). Less units sold means less potential income for game developers - which means less games for ps3- which means less money for sony and, well you get the picture. This also could mean less exclusives for ps3, and more titles shifting to the other 2 consoles, mean even less reason to justify the high US$600 price tag, and the downward spiral continues...... (in theory).

This just add to the growing list of problems for ps3. The apparent inability of sony to fulfil production estimates is a MAJOR problem, if it cannot remedy this problem then 3rd place may be the only outcome for ps3. Couple this with reports that Wii will have more units than expected, and 360s year long head start and the fact that it would have already ironed out most of its production problems, it may be impossible for sony to catch up.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 25, 2006 00:09
Guess that may confirm Kaz Hirai' s comment on having 2million by the end of the calender year instead of 2 mil at launch 2 mil before the years end and another 2 mil by march...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 25, 2006 00:47
I love how people didn' t believe me a while back that Sony hasn' t started production yet. There' s some more proof for all you disbelievers. Sony really needs to get their act together.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 25, 2006 03:14
Sony probably won' t start production until November 1st
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony Unable to go the Distance, bad news are plentyfull - Aug 25, 2006 05:18
Surely Sony is going to blow up some day? why, with all this doom and gloom, I think its the only way out...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll