Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 02, 2007 08:04

He is spoiled, and futhermore should be happy with what he gets, kids these days....

Rofl, I was asking for that wasn' t I?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 02, 2007 09:55
I don' t agree with what the Sony rep says as well, but to go along with what Avarice said, I work with a guy who bought a Wii for his son, and now his son wants him to return the Wii and buy a PS3!!!

I told my co-worker I will buy the Wii off of him!!!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 02, 2007 15:17
The Wii was definately not an impulse buy for me, and like Duffman i preordered several months before launch.

Avarice i will not go as far as saying the Wii control completely revolutionises gaming, but i will say it provides a totally different gaming experience, and that is the edge it has over 360 and ps3. I Think all the Nintendo fanboys here have stopped the Wii is a revolution talk along time ago
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 02, 2007 17:29
The point that the Sony Exec was trying to make wasn' t that people are only buying it because it' s cheap but rather that many people will buy it because it' s cheap (which is relative of course). When they speak this way they are not talking to us gamers but rather to investors, they want people to believe that the price of the ps3 is causing slow growth as opposed to them being in a situation where they are totally being fucked up the ass by Nintendo and MS.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 03, 2007 01:31

Avarice i will not go as far as saying the Wii control completely revolutionises gaming, but i will say it provides a totally different gaming experience, and that is the edge it has over 360 and ps3.

I agree with that. I just played it again yesterday at my buddies house. Zelda was definitely a lot of fun, but it was even more fun playing WarioWare:smooth moves and wii tennis and baseball while having some beer.

Like I have said before though, I think the sony rep is at least partially right. I doubt that he truly believes his own statement 100%, but like Agent Ghost said, its important to be clear with your message for the investors more than anyone. After all, how many customers actually read their statements? We do, and so do quite a few others, but in the grand scheme of things, our numbers don' t compare to the majority of the console buying public. Most of us are smart enough to see past the corporate jargon and buy a console based on its merits.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Sony Rep Slams Wii Sales - Feb 03, 2007 07:01

varice i will not go as far as saying the Wii control completely revolutionises gaming, but i will say it provides a totally different gaming experience, and that is the edge it has over 360 and ps3. I Think all the Nintendo fanboys here have stopped the Wii is a revolution talk along time ago

Yep. You are right. I mentioned this also. The game play is totally different and more immersive.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message