Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 01, 2004 18:40
Ruddy ' eck. To think that towards the latter end of the 90' s the little blue fellow was looking on his last legs not his latest game has sold a million copies in Europe alone.

After Sonic & Knuckles things went a little pear shaped on the Sonic front. The last Megadrive/Genasis Sonic game was Sonic 3D and while entertaining enough it wasn' t really much good. The Saturn came around and Sonic Xtreme was killed off before it was even released. Looking back, that was probably a good thing as the game was looking rubbish.

Sonic Jam and Sonic R were released reminding us the blue one was still there somewhere. It took the launch of a new Sega console to give Sonic and friends a proper new Adventure. As good as the Dreamcast Sonic Adventure' s were only a limited number of people got to play them. The death of the Dreamcast came and things were looking uncertain. Was Sonic doomed?

From the ashes Sega rose with their mascot. Making games for all consoles now Sega decided to stick their fingers in as many pies as they could and started making a multi format Sonic game. During its creation the Sonic Adventure' s were brought to Gamecube and PC and a cartoon was being made in Japan. Enter Sonic Heroes and after a lot of hard work Sonic is now about as popular as he was in the Megadrive hay-day.

Introduced to new fans and still keeping some old fans interested Sonic fans the world over await the next game.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 01, 2004 19:02
Too bad SH was one of the worst Sonic games I' ve played. I' ve NEVER returned a Sonic game until now....
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 01, 2004 19:12
Hahaha, it sold a million units though. Some people had to like it.

I wouldn' t say it' s the worst Sonic game, that honour goes to Sonic Spinball. I actually enjoyed SH more than SA2. It was just flawed.

I didn' t like the racetrack-style nature of the game and deviating from it usually meant instant death. Multiple routs were a good thing but all they really were was different parts of the track to run around.

I' m hoping for a game more like Sonic Adventure but featuring entire levels to explore as Sonic and co; A bit like the Adventure levels in SA but much, much larger and with action elements in them. Bring back Eggman bosses after every level too!
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 02, 2004 00:09
I' ve got Sonic Heroes and to be honest from the short time I' ve played it I' d have to say it' s not that great. Still there' s no accounting for taste, and well done Sega!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 02, 2004 03:35
I really enjoyed that game until I got stuck on this really hard boss battle after Hang Castle... it' s really ridiculous. The game is so glitchy that I always fall off and it looks retarded. The music however is really good I loved all the music from that game. Some of the level designs are nice but very glitchy and I always end up dying too. The voices are wierd... they should stick to Mario voice samples short and no diaolouge just grunts and stuff. Oh well. heh. Wheee.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 02, 2004 07:21
That' s awesome news! I wonder how many copies it sold TOTAL in all territories combined....

I guess this means a Sonic Heroes 2 may be on the way, hehe..
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 02, 2004 11:52

I really enjoyed that game until I got stuck on this really hard boss battle after Hang Castle... it' s really ridiculous. The game is so glitchy that I always fall off and it looks retarded. The music however is really good I loved all the music from that game. Some of the level designs are nice but very glitchy and I always end up dying too. The voices are wierd... they should stick to Mario voice samples short and no diaolouge just grunts and stuff. Oh well. heh. Wheee.

It' s not a glitch, it' s just shoddy programming. Even trying to make Sonic stop before he ran off a cliff was ridiculosuly hard.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 02, 2004 17:42

I wouldn' t say it' s the worst Sonic game, that honour goes to Sonic Spinball.

Well, I guess that' s a matter of taste and skill...

I found Sonic Spinball to be quite an entertaining break from the usual Sonic experience. I still play it from time to time...and enjoy it just as I did upon its initial release.

Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Sonic Heroes - 1 Million Sales - Nov 03, 2004 03:11
Oh I see Lotusson yeah that' s what I mean. yeah it' s just hard.... I got to get into that game again. I want to see the ending.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll