Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Smack Down VS RAW review
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
Smack Down VS RAW review - Nov 27, 2004 20:36
this game is great. The story is good but a little short. The challenges are great and fun. The create mode has gotten better. ONline mode is kind of dole but its kind of fun.It has great graphics. If you like wrestling games this game you have to get.I give it a 8 out of 10. THis is my personal opinion so if you have to say anything of this game or my review which is kind of short feel free to.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Smack Down VS RAW review - Nov 28, 2004 15:06
I’m not sure about it to be honest. I’ve been a fan of the Smackdown series since the first PS2 Smackdown as it was the first I’d played. They seemed to be getting much better each year, last years being the best with an overhauled control system.

The thing with Smackdown vs. Raw is it seems to have improved slightly on Here Comes The Pain but Yukes are running out of ideas. Either limited by the power of the PS2 or limited by their imaginations Smackdown vs. Raw doesn’t look that much of a significant improvement over the last.

Where’s the create an entrence mode found in the Gamecube Day Of Reckoning? Why have they taken out and just plain ignored some big named stars, including nonsensical ‘Legend’ characters? Why is the online mode restricted to 1 on 1 matches? Why have wrestlers voices if it just sounds horrible? What is the deal with the crap announcing?

Anyway, this could be the last Yukes WWE game. There’s a lawsuit on at the moment about THQ bribing some WWE staff to acquire the licence WWE licence.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Smack Down VS RAW review - Nov 28, 2004 19:23
yeah i agree there is some mistakes but i still like it alot. THANKS
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Smack Down VS RAW review - Nov 29, 2004 14:00
I havent played smack down vs raw yet. but im sure itll be a good game.
I like playing Raw 2. with its nice crisp graphics. and nice story line id give this Title a 9 out of 10. yeah
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Smack Down VS RAW review - Nov 30, 2004 00:28
Unfortunately Smackdown vs. RAW' s A.I. is a total JOKE..

I remember some site claiming that Day of Reckoning was a watered Smackdown vs. RAW, how FUNNY that is. I found the wrestling engine a bit better in Day of Reckoning and pulling off finishers was more intuitive and less of a hassle.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll