Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Sep 29, 2004 14:24
JACKSON, N.J. - Six Flags Great Adventure is opening the world' s tallest and fastest roller coaster this spring — a thrill ride that accelerates to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and rises 456 feet off the ground.

Plans for Kingda Ka, which is expected to be the cornerstone of new development at the central New Jersey amusement park, were to be unveiled Wednesday.

The current speed and height record holder is " Top Thrill Dragster" at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio. Made by Intamin — the same company Six Flags hired to build Kingda Ka — Dragster shoots riders to 120 mph in 4 seconds and takes them to a height of 420 feet.

An animated depiction of Kingda Ka shows the coaster creeping slowly, stopping and then launching forward horizontally at nearly 130 mph before climbing at a 90-degree angle more than 45 stories above the park.

The coaster then spirals 270 degrees as it plummets, flattens out and climbs again as it shoots over a 129-foot hill, which the company says will make riders feel weightless. It' s over in about 50 seconds.

" This is the first step in a process of really transforming Six Flags Great Adventure from the largest regional theme park in the world to a true regional destination," Kieran Burke, chief executive officer of Oklahoma City-based Six Flags, told The Associated Press.

Six Flags last year had 35 million visitors at 31 parks. In July, it reported a 3.3 percent attendance drop compared with last year.

Duane Marden, 35, a Brookfield, Wis., computer programmer who runs the online Roller Coaster Data Base, has ridden the Ohio coaster twice and calls it " a very intense experience." He expects the one in New Jersey to quickly become popular with enthusiasts.

" Anybody on the East Coast who is into roller coasters is going to be on this ride very soon," he said.

Click here for the CNN report with a picture.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/29/2004 5:05:18 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Sep 29, 2004 23:45
I don' t understand why they don' t build it here in Denver where I live. That' s not fair! I' m suing!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Sep 30, 2004 02:21
Damn to far for me as well...hopefully the thing catches on elsewhere like Minnesota...There aint shit here to ride, and the fact I used to live near disney land really makes Minnesota' s Valleyfair look llike a kiddy park.

But hey we got a rollercoaster in are Mall
DaRoosh65

RE: Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Sep 30, 2004 14:30
Mass X,

How close do you live to Mall of America?

I know it' s not Disneyland, but I hear that it is at least decent...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Sep 30, 2004 18:20
About 20 minutes away. Its decent considering its in the middle of a mall. Its great the firts few times around tho its mostly for the kids.

A nice place to plan a family outing, go on a few rides, head to the arcade, have some nice dining, do some shopping at the hundreds of stores, catch a movie at the theatre, head under water at underwater world.All in one massive building. Go home broke and exhausted.
DaRoosh65

RE: Six Flags To Add World' s Tallest and Fastest Rollercoaster... - Oct 01, 2004 02:16
Sounds like fun...

Wish Saint Louis had an indoor amusement mall like that...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll