Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 01:24

Decent sized first-look & some more pictures at the link.

Saboteur separates itself from the pack of WWII games out of the gate with its story. Whereas the majority of WWII games cast you in the role of a soldier fighting in the Allied forces, Saboteur casts you as an average Irish dude named Sean. Though the war is a bummer for those in Europe, Sean was basically OK with it until a fateful day when friends of his were murdered by German forces. However, the tragic events don' t inspire the rough-and-ready Irishman to enlist and become part of the war effort. Turns out, Sean' s motivations are a bit more " focused." Rather than try and do his part to take down the Axis forces, Sean' s goal in the game is to take revenge on the Germans who took out his friends. One in particular seems destined for a special kind of murdering when the time comes.

Besides taking pride in your kills, killing enemies restores hope to the city. You get a visual representation of this via the game' s slick color mechanic, which is known as " will to fight." If you can take out Germans in parts of the city that are displayed in black and white, you' ll restore color to the city and the residents will be happy. No, you' re not joined by a sun god in the form of a wolf on the adventure, though Saboteur' s color mechanic does sound a bit like Okami' s. Pandemic had been mulling over how to pull it off for several years, and the advent of new hardware finally convinced the team to implement it to their standard of quality.

Duh-roool, duh-rool.

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 02:01
NICE ... Has a cinematic look .. Its comin to both ps3 and Xbox360 right ?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 02:51
Keep on eye on it. But got a feeling it will be craptacular.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 05:54
How do you figure?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 06:54
I guess you could say I have a Sixth sense about these kind of things. ha ha.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 08:23
The premise of the game is good. A guy goes to War just so he can kill the one Nazi that killed his friend. Ha ha, I like this character already.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 12 Apr 07 0:24:24 >
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 08:53
I' m not a big fan of the Pandemic/Bioware/EA/LucasArts super evil coalition thingie, but I' m not going to lie about a game that sounds pretty damn sweet.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 09:27
Gay. I was hoping it would be a ninja themed remake of the original Saboteur game from WAAAAY back. That game kicked ass.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 12, 2007 11:01

Keep on eye on it. But got a feeling it will be craptacular.

How do you figure?

Because its another WWII game. Arent those ever gonna get old?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Saboteur: Pandemic' s New Stealth Title (Fresh Screenies) - Apr 13, 2007 00:43

Gay. I was hoping it would be a ninja themed remake of the original Saboteur game from WAAAAY back. That game kicked ass.

lol

How do you figure?

Because its another WWII game. Arent those ever gonna get old?

About the same time the " Not Another European Auto-Racer" game gets released. Depending on when it' s released, this could tide me over until Splinter Cell 5.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll