Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 09, 2006 18:33
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162929.aspx?tag=latestnews;title;0

As the announcer listed off the nominees for Game of the Year, the greatest applause was aimed at Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2. But when Oblivion was announced as the winner, many in the crowd sounded stunned.

Oblivion also walked home with Most Addictive Game (voted on by the public), Best Performance by a Human (Male) for Patrick Stewart, Best Role-Playing Game, and Best Original Score. Gears of War took home four awards total, including Best Shooter, Best Graphics, Best Multiplayer Game, and Best Studio for its developers, Epic Games.

This is very sad.

BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Wii (Nintendo) <----------- winner
PS3 (Sony Computer Entertainment America)
DS Lite (Nintendo)
Electroplankton (Nintendo)

Yes,gyro is new,right?

hahaha,i almost feel sorry for ps3 here,ofc it should have won with its CELL.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 9 Dec 06 10:36:21 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 10, 2006 04:33

Yes,gyro is new,right?

No it shouldn' t have, I' m amazed PS3 is even up there in that list...I didn' t see any innovation. 360 Lacks (aside from xbox live) innovation as well.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 10, 2006 05:56
is the wii really that innovative??? Seeing as SEGA started work on a controller like that for the Dreamcast?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 10, 2006 11:26

Yes,gyro is new,right?

Did Quez just say something positive about Sony?

Seriously though, gyro isn' t new but to the extent of it being applied in the Wii is. Actually, if unreleased tech that is already made but being implemented now could be nominated, Id' s new way of mapping large areas (Quake Wars) with little space should be on there, as well as that new compression that the people made Doom 3 fit in Mb' s should have gotten it.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 10, 2006 20:43
Quez, I am sorry for this but, I have been reading your posts on here for sometime, and apart from the lack of understanding in English, which I understand as English is not your first language, you are without a doubt the most hypocritcal gamer on here, your opinions change like the wind or when someone you admire makes a better comment, you really should try and make a decision and stick by it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 10, 2006 21:31
Alijay,please learn to stick to the topic,what does this has to do with my own belifs?

You think im amazed by Wii gyro?

If 360 had been released this year i would rather have wanted it as nr1,but now ps3+wii has only been released.

And there is nothing,yepp nothing special at all with the wii' s technology.

You can even use a freaking candle as a sensor bar.

lol
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 11, 2006 02:47
Pal you change your views and opinions quicker than a $5 ho drops her panties. The Wii' s innovation is by making user movement part of the game, how many times do you sit there and find yourself moving when playing a racing game as you hit the corners or trying to aim the controller where you want to shoot in a FPS. This is a step closer to actually having your movements translated in to what happens on the screen. The technology might not be innovative but the use of it is.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 11, 2006 05:16

is the wii really that innovative??? Seeing as SEGA started work on a controller like that for the Dreamcast
Innovation implies followthrough, when the company makes it, it' s called " innovation" . When your company loses so much money that they stop making stuff, we call it a " good idea" .

alijay, I hate to crush your hopes and dreams here, but Quez jokes quite often. You all don' t pick it up because your Quez sense doesn' t tingle... In a completely straight sort of way.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 11, 2006 05:33

is the wii really that innovative??? Seeing as SEGA started work on a controller like that for the Dreamcast?

I' ve seen concepts from Sega for a controller shaped like the Wii-mote. However it didn' t have any motion sensing technology, only the shape.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Dec 06 21:33:48 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: SPIKE TV AWARD IS DONE!!! - Dec 11, 2006 06:15

trying to aim the controller where you want to shoot in a FPS.

um, no.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message