Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City - Apr 23, 2004 05:47
By far one of my more favorite graphics novels. Sin City

This movie is based upon the " Sin City" graphic novels by Frank Miller. In particular, the three stories that are being adapted are the original " Sin City," " The Babe Wore Red," and " Those Yellow Bastards."

Sin City is a violent city where the police department is as corrupt as the streets are deadly. In this movie, we follow three stories, the central of which is Marv, a tough-as-nails and nearly impossible to kill street fighter who goes on a rampage of vengeance when a beautiful woman, Goldie, he sleeps with for only one night is killed while lying in bed with him.

Current cast is:

Mickey Rourke (Marv),
Bruce Willis (Hartigan),
Johnny Depp,
Leonardo DiCaprio,
Maria Bello,
Kate Bosworth,
Steve Buscemi,
Benicio del Toro,
Michael Douglas,
Carla Gugino (Lucille),
Josh Hartnett,
Jaime King (Goldie),
Brittany Murphy (Shellie),
Marley Shelton,
Christopher Walken,
Elijah Wood

(may change abit..alot)

If you dont know who Robert Rodriguez is,shame on you, hes the one who made the El Mariachi Triliogy (latest Once Upon a Time in Mexico) and the Spy Kids movies. A fan of Quinten Tarentino should easily recognize the name.
The Legend of Will Federman

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City - Apr 23, 2004 15:08
He is actually co-directing the film with Frank Miller as well, which caused a mini-Hollywood crisis over at the Director' s Guild, so Rodriguez resigned from it entirely.
Mass X

RE: Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City - Apr 23, 2004 21:30
-deleted comment-
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/2/2004 2:18:29 PM >
Mass X

RE: Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City - Jun 02, 2004 14:19
4/06/04 - In the early 1990s, when most of the rest of the comic book industry was going in a muscle-bound, lowest-common-denominator direction that is now commonly derided by fans who felt stifled by what they perceived as a lack of originality, acclaimed writer/artist Frank Miller had long since abandoned the mainstream to focus on taking his artistic style in a new direction. With the first " Sin City" stories in 1993, Frank Miller abandoned all colors but stark black and white, creating images of super-stylized film action and suspense that were heavily influenced by the blackest (both visually and thematically) of film noir movies, as well as traditional engraving arts. To fans, " Sin City" was the masterwork that Miller had obviously been working toward his whole career... by stripping out all the fat, he accomplished a gripping visual style that seemed like it was from another century, it was so daring. Each panel could hang in an art gallery, the book was so well crafted. " Sin City" ultimately proved very influential, with Mike Mignola' s Hellboy arguably being heavily influenced by Miller' s artistic innovations.

Now, not only is Robert Rodriguez making a movie based on " Sin City," but he is doing in tandem with Frank Miller himself, who is sharing the directorial duties, in what one has to imagine is a cinematic attempt to replicate the starkness and imagination of Miller' s art. If they can pull it off, we might be in for a movie like none we have ever seen before. Hollywood' s stars are apparently impressed by what they' ve been shown, because this movie has enough for four movies. Here' s hoping we get a glimpse of what live-action " Sin City" looks like soon.

-Greg' s Preview (Yahoo!)
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Robert Rodriguez to direct and co-screenwrite Sin City - Jun 02, 2004 16:56
Shame on me, for I have never heard of this guy, nor the graphic novel on which it is based.

But, from the synopsis above, it sounds like a movie i may enjoy. The cast is a bit concerning. It could be brilliant, or it could be utter tripe. I guess it is not a definite list yet. I will keep my eye out for this film.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll