Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution - new stuff
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Revolution - new stuff - Feb 17, 2006 19:32
Not a huge story I guess but for those uf us who want to know every little thing - here it is :

Full Story :
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/688/688570p1.aspx
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 17, 2006 22:30
Making them wireless would have been expensive!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 07:22
making what WIRELESS?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 07:25

making what WIRELESS?

The Power source
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:01
No silly it uses power from outerspace :)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:04
Actually the powersupply for the Revolution is it' s stand (1up - new info)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 18 Feb 06 0:05:13 >
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:09
That actually hasn' t been confirmed yet.
Nitro

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:18
Hasn' t it?

But no, i wasn' t talking about the power supply.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:21
the stand case is obioviously the power source for the rev. Look at e3, it light up when it was puit into the stand. It makes perfect sense too. the stand is not just there to make the rev look cool.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:27
www.1up.com has news on this and there' s nothing about this being some kind of speculation - they posted it as fact.

That info comes from official Nintendo MAG.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 18 Feb 06 0:29:22 >
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 18, 2006 08:29
They were debating it on the magicbox forums
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 19, 2006 07:27
Doesn' t matter where they debate - this stuff is 100% official now.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 19, 2006 07:57
Revolution' s gonna have a solar powered adapter I tell you. That means you' ll only be able to play the Revolution during the day time when the sun is out!
Nitro

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 19, 2006 09:11

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Revolution' s gonna have a solar powered adapter I tell you. That means you' ll only be able to play the Revolution during the day time when the sun is out!

It' ll be a wind turbine in England though because we don' t get any sun :(

Has anyone figured out Revolutions big secret yet?!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 19, 2006 17:31
The CIA is still working on Revolutions secret but until they find out anything you can always read this old article:
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=Uuo6JoTDkBzpp3yLzpJSxvJrvmUZJ6El&page=newsmain
Nintendos official site with their hands-on. I didn' t know they got to play Metroid Prime 2 with the controller. Sounds like fun.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 19, 2006 20:23
Yeah - many editors did too.

They didn' t rate it as good as other demos (simple ones) - mainly cause that demo wasn' t 100% optimised and was very early (some control glitches were present).
The other thing was learning curve - it took some time to get used to it.
I suppose it' s less unintuitive than dualanalog games (have you ever seen a nongamer playing one of those? Halo for instance?) but still needs some skills.

:)
Nitro

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 20, 2006 02:10
Ok girls, these are Revolution shells, don' t they look pretty!

Now, recent patents filed by Nintendo in Europe are leading people to believe there has been a size change in the final console. Obviously the cases shown at E3 last year were prototypes and Nintendo said they could change. Look...

Now figure A is the most recent (complete with the MYSTERY port which i' ll get to soon), and figure B is the original prototypes patent. What you have to understand is that when they' re filed they' re actual size (though not here, but the ratios are exact). The most recent patent show that Revolution will actually be even SMALLER than expected. Not by much but definately smaller.

The side by side patents here show that an extra fan has been added to the BOTTOM?! of the console...

Now,the port that has recently been discovered has been speculated to be the plug for receivers supposedly placed on TVs to accept the signals from the Revolution remote, but others have noted it' s inherent similarity to the NES controller plug.

I don' t think it' s anything to do with the NES pad though, for one it' s too small and why would you need it?! The remote can be used side on like a NES pad right?!

I personally believe that it may be the key to the Revolution' s next big secret. Maybe something that no one will ever be able to fully predict, just like the controller before it.

Is it a small last minute addition, perhaps even for HD cables, or is it something that Nintendo didn' t dare hint at until now because it will change the way the world looks at games forever?

HD is a possibility. I know Nintendo said it wouldn' t be supporting it but it' s certainly possible that it will.

Now, i have the complete set of patent sketches (about 30 in all which i' d happily elmail to anyone interested) and found something else of note. This sketch...

...shows the flap containing the GCN controller/memory card ports as being open, and there are sketches of that closed too, but the other flap ON THE FRONT that supposedly contains the SD-card slots is closed like so...

...and i think that whatever is actually in there is purposely being kept secret. SD cards it might be but i find it unlikely. I actually think Revolution will have some kind of HDD that hasn' t been announced yet and maybe it will support SD-cards but if what was in there wasn' t being hidden than the flap would have to be shown open i the patents.

Anyway, thoughts?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 20, 2006 02:33
Wow! I didn' t know you could use GC controllers on the Rev. That' s great news as the GC controller is my all time favourite (the Saturn controller is better but lacks analog sticks). If developers wants to make games that doesn' t use the direct pointing device features then they could just make them for the GC controller.
I don' t think that thing in the bottom is a fan. It' s more likely that it' s something that will connect to the consoles stand even though it doesn' t look like something of the sort. I mean, why would they put a fan on the bottom? Also fans are usually completely square but that new " fan" is not.
All those shells, does that mean they have begun full scale production?

The new MYSTERY PORT might be a port for Internet stuff. You know, modems or shit since not everyone has got Wireless Internet.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Feb 06 18:39:34 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 20, 2006 02:44
Hmmm nice post

Since they said they will use SD cards - I take it for granted.

That " added fan" doesn' t have to be a fan at all , but it' s nice - they said - a small , quiet affordable system.

The new " port" that is so mysterious could end up being nothing significant but who knows :)

I just Can' t wait to see some games for Rev I think these are going to be amazingly beautiful (and I don' t care how high-res others are - I care how it actually looks for my eyes - best example SC3,RE4 GCN)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 19 Feb 06 18:45:05 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Revolution - new stuff - Feb 20, 2006 02:58

The new MYSTERY PORT might be a port for Internet stuff. You know, modems or shit since not everyone has got Wireless Internet.

My first thoughts were cable internet also.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message