Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Return of Shining Force!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Return of Shining Force! - Aug 06, 2004 11:45
http://news.spong.com/x?art=7308

" Following the recent Japanese release of Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon for GBA, Sega PR representative Tadashi Takezaki has indicated that the series is embarking on an intensive revival. Apparently, work has already begun on the next totally new Shining Force title, and sequels are going to be pumped out in quick succession to keep fans hooked.

There are already an additional two Shining Force games waiting to be shown at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show: Shining Tears, an action RPG for PS2, as well as the studio formerly known as Amusement Vision’s PS2 version of Shining Force.

It is not yet known whether the fourth Shining Force title will be a follow-up to the GBA or PS2 games, but if the saga is to unfurl in quick-fire fashion as promised, we shouldn’t have to wait too long to find out."

So, I wasn' t a massive Shining Force fan (I never played any of the Megadrive games) but loved Shining Force 3 for the Saturn. I remember they made it in three parts including three different sets of characters PoV, but only the first managed to be released over in the UK. I never finished it either but got quite far (my friend owned the game after all).

A new proper Shining Force for PS2 is what has gotten me excited. Not too sure about Shining Tears, though I' m willing to keep an open mind.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Return of Shining Force! - Aug 07, 2004 19:49
Every Shining game that doesn' t have a " force" after " shining" has been garbage. So we already know shining tears is going to be crap. I hope they make Shining Force IV though.

< Message edited by Evil Man -- 8/7/2004 7:50:28 PM >
whatabout_paul

RE: Return of Shining Force! - Aug 07, 2004 22:35
Thats most likely what Amusement Vision’s Shining Force is going to be.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Return of Shining Force! - Aug 17, 2004 19:31
Shining in the Darkness was the first in the ' Shining' series back on the Sega Genesis, and it rocked!

Yes, Shining the Holy Ark was a little less than exciting.

There is also a recently announced ' Shining Force' title expected for XBOX, but it is early in development. No name has been given as of yet.
whatabout_paul

RE: Return of Shining Force! - Aug 30, 2004 22:24

This week' s edition of the popular manga weekly Shonen Magazine features the first details of the upcoming Sega title, Shining Force, due for the PlayStation 2.

Slated for release in spring 2005, the game' s main character will be Max, the hero of Shining Force, which was released earlier for the Sega Genesis. It is not yet known whether the game will feature a new story or whether it will be a remake of the original 1992 game. At any rate, Max has been given a new look by character designer Yuriko Nishiyama, best known for her Shonen Magazine manga Dragon Voice (a popular manga discontinued about a year ago). Other characters in the game include Max' s love interest, Meryl (who was orphaned at a young age), and an as-yet-unnamed mysterious swordfighter.

Shining Force' s strategic battles, the central feature of the series, will now use fully 3D graphics and will feature a new gameplay mode where more than 20 characters can clash simultaneously.

It is expected that Sega will reveal more details of the game' s story and battle system soon.

Coool. I never actually played the first Shining Force but may have to if it continues on from the first. If it' s a re-make though I can wait...

And-and-and 20 battles in fully 3D combat. Sweeeeat.
whatabout_paul

RE: Return of Shining Force! - Aug 30, 2004 22:26

Now I' m drooling.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages