Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resistance is Futile
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 17, 2006 23:59
I dont like either game, especially Half Life.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 01:08
They sell and that' s what matters. Halo 2 wasn' t half the game Combat Evolved was and yet it sold through the roof. That' s why every other game gets penned as a potential " Halo killer" , because it' s king of console first person shooters.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 01:16

They sell and that' s what matters. Halo 2 wasn' t half the game Combat Evolved was and yet it sold through the roof. That' s why every other game gets penned as a potential " Halo killer" , because it' s king of console first person shooters.

in my eyes Halo 2 was way better than the first! they fixed the first ones mistakes, would could be better? People may argue whether they enjoyed playing the arbiter, or enjoyed the ending, but thats just about it!
Silentbomber

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 01:33

hether they enjoyed playing the arbiter, or enjoyed the ending, but thats just about it!

What ending?

seriously though, this also shows just how Hype can affect review scores, Halo 2 isnt as good as Halo 1. Yet both get 9/10' s. Shouldnt h2 get 7/10? on average.

Thats why when big games get review I tend not to listen to the score.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:14
no really H2 is better than H1, H1 one is only good on the count of nostalgia, repetative level design, made the game boring during many parts, and it only deserves a 8 out of 10, now H2, is definetly a 9 out of 10.

I liked everything, even the ending scene! I didnt need the conclussion in order to enjoy the game. I know the conclussion will come, and that it will be great!

Some people decide to be controversial and decide that they do not want to like a game, so their opinions will differ from what every one else thinks, its really just a silly rebelious notion. The Halo series and the Half-Life series are great FPS shooters, Half-life mostly so! the king of FPS, Doom 3 on the side of HL2 in IMO.
Silentbomber

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:16
I thought Doom 3 was better than both hl and Halo. It is underated.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:23

I thought Doom 3 was better than both hl and Halo. It is underated.

Definately underrated! People had a negative view of the game before it was released, it was called simplistic mostly because it didnt feature alternat firing methods! How many real weapons has to ways to shoot em?
Nitro

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:26
Doom 3 kicks ass!

It' s 110% better than the retarded Quake 4!
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:31
Well i liked Q4 as well, just not as much as Doom 3, id say its 50% as good as Doom 3.

Mostly because the universe in Q2 and Q4 is so super cool!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 02:48
I feel the opposite about those two games Chemical,i liked quake4 much much more.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 06:06
How can anyone say that people feel nostalgic about Halo1 ? it wasn' t more than 5 years ago.

And here you are telling us that your opinions are right and ours are just stupid and pointless rebelion...

Doom 3 kicks Ass - but it' s nowhere near Half Life 2 (Halo 2 is far from both)

Halo 1 had flaws? the only flaw I can think of is the Flood level.H2 was just another shooter - a good one though.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 17:03

How can anyone say that people feel nostalgic about Halo1 ? it wasn' t more than 5 years ago.

And here you are telling us that your opinions are right and ours are just stupid and pointless rebelion...

Doom 3 kicks Ass - but it' s nowhere near Half Life 2 (Halo 2 is far from both)

Halo 1 had flaws? the only flaw I can think of is the Flood level.H2 was just another shooter - a good one though.

Yes Gangsta! I am always right! Time will let you learn that lesson! Yes Nostalgia does have an effect even if its only been 5 yaers, if Halo was released now? would you glance at it? or would you throw it into the dated games that should never have been released?

The flood levels and the repetative indoor enviroment made H1 less than it could have been!
Nitro

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 17:21
Halo was an impressive game upon it' s launch. A very impressive game. That can' t be denied by anybody. Sure it' s been outdone time and again since but the fact that PC gamers were crying out for Halo to be ported is testiment to the kind of effect the game had.

What Halo did was bring vehicles into a first person shooter and not make it feel tacked on (and make controling them fun). It made physics fun and showed just how important music could be in games.

Halo wasn' t outdone by Halo 2. I felt that Halo 2 had been rushed to completion (to launch against the PStwo) and while it did a lot of things right it was still not the game everybody wanted.

Gangsta is right in saying that Half Life 2 bettered Halo 2, but i' d argue that you' d need to be talking about the PC version because the Xbox version sucked.

Doom 3 KILLS Quake 4 (i HATE Raven Software) and i think that the port of Doom 3 was far better than the port of Half Life 2, making Doom 3 the definitive FPS on Xbox (in my eyes).

Halo 3 has a lot to do, and so does Resistance. Especially when Valve are working to correct their mistakes with another console version of Half Life 2 (which will also contain a ton of extra stuff!!!) which they' ve said will be superior (graphically) to the PC version of ep2.

But back to the topic, ...is Resistance going to be PS3' s flagship shooter?!

Yes.

Will it be as good as Halo?!

Possibly.

Will it do a better job than Killzone did?!

Yes.

Will Halo 3 be better than Resistance?!

Yes.

Will Killzone 2 suck?!

Yes.

Will Half Life 2 KILL them all?!

Yes.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 17:37
HAlo 1 today is just as good as it was 5 years ago - I never was a great fan of it , but I have to say this game was incredibly impressive and what' s more , it will age very well , cause it has very sharp and solid graphics.The feeling of exploration and entire originality of this game - like truly using vehicles to your liking, different audio experience and this SCI FI world.It' s not as original as METROID , but it did feel amazing.The only reason I wouldn' t score it higher than 9/10 is the flood.

Back on topic:

Will Resistance be the next Killzone?

Very likely

Will it be the flagship shooter for PS3?

Definitely not - this time there will be more competition in FPS genre on PS3

Will Halo 3 be better than Resistance?!

Could be , but who cares? The question true gamers ask themselves is: will H3 be better than H2 or even H1?

I sure hope so - if it isn' t better than H2 , then those Bungie guys are hopeless.One good game is all they ever did.

Will Killzone 2 suck?!

I saw a great potential in Killzone for PS2 - limited by hardware - it could be a great game , but it could also be crap.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 18 Sep 06 9:43:06 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:04
I dont see why people think H2 sucks, i mean the way you talk about it Gangsta you make it sound like the worst game since the Amiga 500! What made it so bad?
Nitro

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:15

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I dont see why people think H2 sucks, i mean the way you talk about it Gangsta you make it sound like the worst game since the Amiga 500! What made it so bad?

It didn' t meet expectations and it' s always compared to the original.

It' s exactly the same for Super Mario Sunshine, in that if you compare it to Super Mario 64 it looks bad but if you compare it to every other platform game released at that time it looks awesome.

Halo 2 wasn' t a bad game and the mult-player is awesome, but it just didn' t have the same effect as the original game. Some people didn' t like playing as the Arbiter, some didn' t like the new weapons (myself included) and some didn' t like the level design (myself included). Halo felt vast when it was released and exploring the ring world was a joy. Halo 2 felt chlostrophibic in comparison.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:31
Doesn' t anyone like that swedish game for the Xbox?
" Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay" or whatever it was called?
Vx Chemical

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:33
Best movie adaption ever, though i didnt complete it :P

Nitro

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:41

Starbreeze is an awesome codeshop. Riddick wasn' t quite a movies adaption, it was set before Pitch Black but it was everything i expected and more. I' m really hoping they can achieve the same kind of quality with The Darkness because the company could have a very bright future!

Actually, now that you' ve brought Riddick up, i take my comment about Doom 3 being the definitive shooter on Xbox back. The title must be shared between both Doom 3 + Riddick.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Resistance is Futile - Sep 18, 2006 18:47

1st of all I loved my Amiga 500plus and then 1200!

2nd of all I' m just saying that it' s worse than H1 - I still consider it to be a great FPS 9/10 - I just think it' s incredibly overhyped.

Just like majik said - it' s the sequel syndrome, they didn' t even match the quality of single player H1 experience and that was disappoining.Ofcourse if you expected it to be different then you' are perfectly happy with it.

Great visuals - but I didn' t finish it - it wasn' t fun enough to shoot people in the face.It was a very good game though.I just care about the gameplay too much
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message