Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 28, 2007 22:20

Pros:

More content than the retail 360 version. Includes the Red and Black packs that 360 owners have to buy over XBL.

Controls are great.

Framerate as smooth as the 360 version.

Cons:

7 months late.

Duller colour palate.

Aliasing.

Lower resolution textures.

Lesser detailed characters.

Odd item pop in.

Crap 1080i support.

Inconsistent audio quality.

No facemapping.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 28, 2007 22:30
are u sure about:

aliasing

lower resolution texure

lesser detailed characters

relatively to the 360 version ?? i gues from your post you have tried the game yourself... does that confirm that 360 will often have the edge in textures and details?

7 months later, the game is supposed to be better on " the most powerful console on the planet" .
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 28, 2007 22:52

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

are u sure about:

aliasing

lower resolution texure

lesser detailed characters

relatively to the 360 version ?? i gues from your post you have tried the game yourself... does that confirm that 360 will often have the edge in textures and details?

7 months later, the game is supposed to be better on " the most powerful console on the planet" .

Yep. It' s not up to scratch. My copy turned up this morning and i already have the 360 version and it' s definitely inferior.

As for whether 360 games will more often than not have an edge when it comes to texture resolutions, ...it' s something i' ve been saying for 18 months. It won' t always be the case because there are workarounds, but in general 360 games will have better texture quality.

But textures alone don' t make for visually impressive games. GRAW 2 doesn' t have super detailed normal mapped textures like Gears of War, but it still looks more impressive when you see them running side-by-side because it employs a lot of different filters, particle, lighting and weather effects.

But yeah, i' d hoped Vegas would be on par, but unfortunately even HDMI doesn' t make a noticeable difference over my component cables. Not that somebody who hasn' t already got the 360 version would even notice any of the deficiencies, ...and it does have more content, and PSN is free, so it' s not a disaster.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 28, 2007 23:02
Ah, there are already some reviews up that support my outlandish claims...

So what’s the problem, you ask? The first thing you notice upon stepping off the helicopter and taking the safety off your rifle – the graphics. While the game still looks like a next-generation title, it lacks many of the subtle points of refinement the Xbox 360 version offers. Environments are noticeably muddier and jaggier, as if Ubisoft forgot to use anti-aliasing. This especially stands out on the edges of buildings and on telephone wires. Despite Sony’s boasts about the PS3’s fantastic particle effects, the game also skimps on environmental effects like the dust clouds you see littered throughout the dirty Mexican streets that serve as the location for the first few missions

Gameinformer

One area that Rainbow Six: Vegas on the PlayStation 3 does fall a little short on when compared to the other versions is with regards to visuals. It' s a nice looking game to be sure, but the whole thing doesn' t look quite as sharp as it could. Colors are a little duller and there isn' t as much use of certain effects, like bloom lighting and such. Some folks may appreciate that aspect to a certain degree, but beyond that it still doesn' t look quite as nice as what we' ve seen previously. Some texture work isn' t quite as sharp, and the characters aren' t as detailed as what' s found in the 360 release, especially in the faces. Weapons that have been dropped pop in and out of view as you approach and walk away when they' re but a mere 50 feet or so away.

IGN

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 28, 2007 23:56
But Majik its still a great game right?

Well the ending sucked though
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 00:19
What about the gameplay is it as cool as the 360 & pc version.

What about online ?

Is there Chat ?

And how' s the gameplay.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 00:28
Ofcourse the gameplay is intact. It actually works very well with the pad, and i definitely like the default button configuration. It' s smooth, the aiming is slightly looser (not a bad thing), there' s no slowdown and a little more emphasis on physics when it comes to grenade explosions.

I haven' t played it online yet, but i know a guy who has and he says it' s very much like the 360 version but feels less clunky. I just hope that when the new camera is released they add facemapping support.

If you don' t have a 360 then you' d struggle to notice the differences. Either way it' s a cool game, and by my estimates it' s probably the best looking game on PS3 so far, ...although i expect GRAW 2 to take that honour upon it' s release.

Well the ending sucked though

Vegas 2 - March 08
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 01:58
I get this game this sat. Gamefly mailed it yesterday. I hope its an great game because I not really feeling the darkness.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 02:27
I actually messaged Boss Hogg yesterday on XBL just to find out how that game was.

None of this really suprises me much, but it' s nice to get some confirmation.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 03:41
I was hoping to get this game early, and I still havent got it!
Abasoufiane

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 04:57
i just beat Vegas a 3 days ago on 360 and this game is fantastic, the GRAPHICS are not impressive except in some areas but the gameplay, animation, controls, sounds music, are very very good... this is an AAA title no doubt about it

Nitro you said in vegas there are no slowdowns in ps3 but in the 360 , there are quiet a few, specialy when everything start exploding or when there is a lot of firing and smoke, say it goes down to 15 or 20 for a couple of seconds... so the playstation 3 has no slowdowns ? or my 360 is faulty ?
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 19:01
I discussed this with a friend this morning and came to the conclusion that i experienced far fewer framerate drops because i very rarely used the breaching charge.

I experienced drops in the demo, but not in the final game.

The PS3 version is pretty much identical framerate-wise.

Abasoufiane

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jun 29, 2007 20:19
so my 360 is faulty ?

as i said , it' s happens rarely and only when here is a looot of firing and smoke , so it drops down to 15 or 20 fps for just 2 or 3 seconds and then everything goes to normal... sorry nitro but your answer was not clear to me .
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 01, 2007 03:32
whats the online like majik? which version would you pick?

looking forward to playing you online.
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 01, 2007 03:54
I haven' t played online yet. I' ll get around to it at some point this weekend though.

Didn' t your copy turn up yet?
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 01, 2007 05:30
nope, still waiting.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 01, 2007 06:48

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

so my 360 is faulty ?

as i said , it' s happens rarely and only when here is a looot of firing and smoke , so it drops down to 15 or 20 fps for just 2 or 3 seconds and then everything goes to normal... sorry nitro but your answer was not clear to me .

Your 360 is not faulty.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 01, 2007 07:41

so my 360 is faulty ?

No,Aba this is well known,in fact many other people on swe forums has had it as their only negative thing to say abou the game,the huge framedrop occuring sometimes.

Stop worring about your 360,its that framerate issues isn' t taken care of in next gen apparently,only high end graphic.
Silentbomber

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 07, 2007 23:11
argh I still havent recieved this game yet, I hope this guy hasnt riped me off. He hasnt replyed to my emails yet lately but he did before hand.

I am not going to buy this game untill I get it off your man, if that means waiting months then so be it!

btw majik, did you test the online?
Nitro

RE: Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) - Jul 07, 2007 23:40

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

btw majik, did you test the online?

Nope. I' ve been waiting for you to get your copy as nobody else i know has the PS3 version.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message