Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RPG' s
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RPG' s - Sep 06, 2004 20:03
Hi all are there any good RPG on the xbox? there seem to be loas on the PS2 but hardly any on the xbox. I' ve played Star Wars:kotor and i' m about to buy Shenmue 2.
< Message edited by Reznor -- 9/6/2004 8:25:20 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: RPG' s - Sep 06, 2004 21:10
There aren' t really any significant RPG' s on the Xbox other than what you have mentioned, and I don' t know if I' d classify either of those games into that category. Xbox has fable, but I hear it' s only like 15 minutes long or something. I' m not a big RPG fan, but I' d like to see more high quality RPGs on the system anyway, because that would attract more users and thus more developers.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RPG' s - Sep 06, 2004 21:21
He' s right, Shenmue isn' t an RPG, it is F.R.E.E. ;)
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: RPG' s - Sep 06, 2004 22:26
Whats F.R.E.E ?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: RPG' s - Sep 06, 2004 23:22
F.R.E.E........Fantastic Refuse Entrenched in FEces?

The Xbox does not have many, but here are a few worth playing:

Morrowind
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fable

Morrowind would be the longest, taking probably about 40 hours to beat, but there are potentially hundreds of hours in the game if you take the initiative. KotoR is about 25-30 hours, but there is reason to play it through again...much like Fable, which is between 20 and 25 hours.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 00:01
Yep...not a lot to choose from on the Xbox front for RPG' s. I don' t know if you are into them or not but there is supposed to be a really good action RPG coming out soon...X-Men Legends. It' ll allow you to play as up to 15 different X-Men and you can have 3 friends play with you as well.
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 00:51
xbox isnt really meant for RPGs anyways. its more for the shooters and action kind of games. besides unless u dont have a ps2 or even a gc why care? just let ps2 do what its best at doing and let xbox be.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 00:55
X-men legends is coming out for all systems I think
There is also Sudeki but I think that is more action-rpgish
I have a PS2 and quite a lot of RPGs. One of the main reasons why I picked up the PS2 was because I knew it would sport more RPGs than any of the other systems.
Kinda disappointing to see really how few have come out for Xbox and GC
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 02:08

X-men legends is coming out for all systems

Yeah I know, but he wasn' t asking for exclusives or at least I didn' t think so. Anyways I would buy it on Xbox or GC before PS2 just because you can play with 4 friends right off the bat without any need of a multitap.

xbox isnt really meant for RPGs anyways. its more for the shooters and action kind of games. besides unless u dont have a ps2 or even a gc why care?

Oh I can' t wait to have some fun with you...keep up the posts...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 02:18

xbox isnt really meant for RPGs anyways.

I think someone forgot to pass that memo on to Microsoft since they' re busy trying to acquire RPGs for the Xbox.. Someone better make them stop!!! :D :)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9/7/2004 2:19:27 AM >
Regret in 2010

RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 02:56

if your being sarcastic, bogard, think about this:

what was one of the biggest games for XBOX? Halo, a first-person shooter. what is one of the most anticipated games for XBOX? Halo 2, which, I have to say, looks pretty f***ing sweet. XBOX also does not have a lot of RPGs in its history.

Oh and getting back on the track for this forum, Reznor, take a look at Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance. It was rated 8 out of 10 on Gamespot
Regret in 2010

RE: RPG' s - Sep 07, 2004 02:57
maybe they are trying to get RPGs for XBOX. it would be a nice addition, but it might not happen and it definitely hasnt happened yet
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: RPG' s - Sep 08, 2004 17:10
I think that M$ is concentrating too much on games like Fable, which is awesome but too short, rather than acquiring games that are more like traditional RPG' s.

I wouldn' t mind having an old-style ' Shining Force' game on my XBOX...I found that series enjoyable.

But, M$ doesn' t want to go that way with their RPG' s...everything has to have some kind of gound-breaking feature to it.

M$, just bring us those wonderful old school RPG' s!!!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: RPG' s - Sep 08, 2004 18:06

M$, just bring us those wonderful old school RPG' s!!!

I wholeheartedly agree (although I don' t care if it' s MS or one of the other companies).

However, the chances of this happening are slim to none, and we both know it.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: RPG' s - Sep 08, 2004 19:16
Yeah...I know...

But it seems that Sega is bringing Dragon Force to the PS2 from the Sega Saturn under the Sega Ages series...you think that M$ would talk to Sega about trying to do the same for XBOX.

Everyone is so 3D crazy...everything has to be 3D this or 3D that!

They (the game developers) just need to stick to making games that are enjoyable...like those old school RPG' s.

Oh well...maybe I' ll just go buy a Sega Saturn and re-acquire the glory that has been lost...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll