Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3 Impressions
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 06:17
Some of you surely own or at least played ps3,
give us your take on Resistance, the multiplayer, whatever. I just want to hear about the games!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 06:31
Played Motorstorm... it still blows.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 08:53

Played Motorstorm... it still blows.

Yep.
Silentbomber

RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 09:08
what about the launch games? I dont think its fair to judge a game that still has a few months of devolpment left...
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 12:11
my step dads nephew got one(spoiled git) and I played Resistance and wait for it.....

I was unimpressed. It isnt a bad game, its pretty well polished, but it doesn' t " feel" right. My biggest complaint is how slow bullets seem to travel. Play it or watch the vids and you' ll hopefully see what I mean. I hope I can play it a little more next time I visit my mom and my stepdad' s family just so I can give it more time, but, excuse the fanboy in me here, it wasnt Halo.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a microsoft fanboy, just a Halo fanboy
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 12:22
played motorstorm wal-mart, it does blow. the graphics look next-gen but they aren' t impressive at all. Also played NBA Live 07 graphics were pretty shitty, 2k on 360 has much better, I never played live on 360. EA sux too.
immortaldanmx

RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 18, 2006 23:05

EA sux too.

After their GoW comments and buying Criterion, I hope EA burns in hell. Ubi Soft has contributed much more to gaming than EA, as have many other developers. (Im not saying UbiSoft is the best dev, just that they are another large publisher that hasnt done awful things a la EA)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 19, 2006 01:39
Our display model crashed on release day...

Have to wait to play it now.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 19, 2006 07:09

played motorstorm wal-mart, it does blow. the graphics look next-gen but they aren' t impressive at all

The graphics are decent enough anyway I am more interested in how it plays. I have not played it but from what I have seen from vids of game running it looks fun to play and could be a great multiplayer game.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 19, 2006 11:48
I' ve played Motorstorm at a local Target. And i' ve played Resistance and fuddled around with the XMB at a buddies place. My first impressions.

The console: You' ve got no idea how big this thing is. I mean, it looks almost petitte when you see it in their box, it makes it look quite slimming, but for the love of Mike, it' s freakin huge. We pulled it out, & examined it, & as I was pulling with one hand, I realised I wanted my firend to support it with the other.
Fingerprints are really visible on the case, which I had expected but nothing as bad as what it was.
Powering on/off/resetting is responsive enough. It' s just about right in that regard.
As for noise, it was quieter than 360, but I couldn' t tell about heat because we only had it on sporradicaly.

The controller: Honestly, it' s not as bad as everybody makes it out to be, it' s no more comfortable than dualshock, but I didn' t notice any finger slippage on R2 L2. The lack of rumble was dissapointing, but not shockingly bad, it was just the weight that bugged me.

Resistance: Fall of Man: One phrase. Big fish... small pond. Everything else sucks. No really, I haven' t seen a single good exclusive other than this. It plays nicely enough. You should definately get it once you pick one up, it just isn' t really a system seller IMO. It kinda reminds me of Halo actually. It' s absolutely amazing compared to everything else, but by the time you give it even treatment, it' s simply fallen down to the status of " a good game" .

That' s all for now, I might post more tomorrow once i' ve had a little more hands-on time.
Silentbomber

RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 19, 2006 23:29
hold up, how did you get a ps3 eddie?
immortaldanmx

RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 20, 2006 00:45

Resistance: Fall of Man: One phrase. Big fish... small pond.

Reminds me of CoD2. While a good game, would it have sold the numbers it did if there were other good 360 games on launch?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ps3 Impressions - Nov 22, 2006 04:48

hold up, how did you get a ps3 eddie?
How did I get a PS3? Silly Billy, I' ve already got one.

No seriously though, I sucked up to my college-aged buddies brother. (A.K.A. Picked my way into my friends, brothers, room to mess around with it.) It' s actually kinda scary. I' m one of the first folks to play all 3 consoles on the forums here. Up until last year, I was pretty out-of-the-loop when it comes to hands on stuff. It' s a little bit surreal actually.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll